Thread: P Body Door Panel Removal/Installation?

Garrett booster

P Body Door Panel Removal/Installation?

Hi guys, I have some newer door panels for my '90 Shadow, but don't wanna bust anything installing them. I tried a few different searches but couldnt find anything. Any procedures or photo how-to's?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: P Body Door Panel Removal/Installation?

Remove the arm rest. Be careful when pulling the piece where the lock goes and the door handle piece too. There are metal tab type deals which hold it to the door. carefully pull those out one at a time. It's not really hard to do, but you need to be gentle for the most part. If you have power locks the piece attached to the arm can be a pain. I usually pull the connector off of the switch and leave the switch in the handle.

Garrett booster

No power locks here, so that'll be good. Do the speakers stay in or do they have to come out first?

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

The speakers stay in. For the window cranks either look for a bolt behind a center cap, or they may be held on with a spring clip from behind (they make an inexpensive tool to remove those).
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

turbo addict

feel around in the carpet of the door neer the bottom corner, some cars have a single screw hidden in the carpet. if you look at your new panels you;ll see where the screw would be. also roll the window down part way or you'll never unclip the top, they kinda hook on the top of the inside of the door.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

the window crank has an allen key attaching it to the regulator, as far as the trim piece for the lever to open the door on the inside here's how to remove it without breaking it. slightly lift the rear of the trim ( side closest to the door opening) and push to slide the trim the same way the handle opens the door. don't over lift the side you are sliding towards or you'll break the ears that retain that trim inplace. 3 big phillips screws attach the arm rest to the door, and I use panel popping tools but a flat screw driver can work, just be carefull and start in a corner looking for the metal clips and pry the metal clip away from the door, you'll notice the clip has an edge you can pry against ONLY on 1 side. towards the frontish middle of the panel along the bottom of the door you'll have a bullet style plastic push-in clip just support both sides of the doorpanel as close as you can to the push-in clip and pull. I'll try to get some pics ASAP
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Ok as far as the bullet style clip pins i think that applies to the newer ones or different model, i forget bur here are some pica to help.. The way the door hadle opens is the same direction the trim has to slide to be removed.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373408366.794277.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	45976 now pulling back opens the door right? Trim slides the same direction as handle to remove.. Notice the ears on the trim piece? Easy now the panel has clips you can use a screwdriver but i use panel poppers pry on the metal side of the clip so tou dont rip the cardboard Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373408532.616311.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	45977 when wverything is loose and ready for removal make sure the window is all the way open an lift up the panel in the same manor the window travels to roll up and the panel will unclip from the top lip and your done
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on