Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: History made a SAAC national event

turbo addict

Re: History made a SAAC national event

1 x l for me sir

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Awesome stuff Steve and Alan. The thought of Shelby Dodges on the track with 2+ million dollar cars is something I can't wrap my head around.

Do you have any XL shirts left. I love how you snuck the little Omni in at the top.

I'm sure they don't want too many of us there, but if we got he invite from the Cali Shelby Dodge crew I would definitely give it some thought, despite the 6000 mile trek!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I want one with the GLHS in it!!!!!!! (XL)

Do you hand deliver?
    will be hand delivered on thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by shmedley View Post
    I would be down for a XL shirt with the GLHS
    Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    I'll take a shirt with the GLHS, XXL. Thanks, Steve. Alan - 7200, 145 MPH - awesome. You got that car working. Bring that plug Thursday, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    One XXXL and on XL please.
    Thanks!
    1 x l for me sir
    Not a problem guys. As like before with the "Angry Box" shirts, just paypal to vanishingpoint "at" cox.net. (20. for shirt and 4. to ship) Please include size needed and your name here on the board. They'll go out next week as I'll be out of town for a couple days.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    Not a problem guys. As like before with the "Angry Box" shirts, just paypal to vanishingpoint "at" cox.net. (20. for shirt and 4. to ship) Please include size needed and your name here on the board. They'll go out next week as I'll be out of town for a couple days.
    Payment sent!
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

How about tomorrow night?
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

Shirt payment sent

Quote Originally Posted by shmedley View Post
    Payment sent!
    How about tomorrow night?
    Alan has yours

Shirt payment sent
    Got it!
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Pm me your address again so I can send check.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Pm me your address again so I can send check.
    I paid him for yours, if you don't pay me the $20. at the Applebees meeting tonight, I'll just pry some part worth $20. off whatever car you bring

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    If I get invited, I'll be there. I now challenge thee!!! And you can come through my area and we'll caravan out there. I think next year I'm going to have to take the whole month of June off so I can do the Power Tour, SDAC and an event out in California.
    Did someone say caravan?

turbo addict

I got mine yesterday, hand delivered!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShelbyShirt.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	334.2 KB 
ID:	46009  
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    Alan and I entered two GLHS Shelbys in the SAAC national convention this past week-end. Both cars were entered in the track event on the Auto Club Superspeedway. As many of you know, Shelby Dodge automobiles have never been allowed at a SAAC national event. Mixed in with Shelby GT500s, real Cobras, Daytona coupes, Boss 302s and all the other legendary Ford/Shelby cars-the little Omnis more than held their own. My car is basically stock(springs,wheels, fresh engine) and had little trouble running with any of the cars in my group. Was able to make up time in the infield and carry speed on to the banking-wasn't able to pass on the banking, but they couldn't shake me either. Alan's heavily modded S car(my old car!) was in the fast group and was able to pass all but a couple full race cars. EVERYONE at the event was very positive about the Shelby Dodge cars, especially after seeing them run. Neither of us had a breakdown, both ran very well and I think there will be much more acceptance at future SAAC events. I'll let Alan fill in details. here are a couple pics.
    I created the artwork for the event poster and reunion shirt. Alan asked why there wasn't a Shelby Dodge in the image and I said it was best that we didn't push our luck. At his bequest, I created a revised editon, with a GLHS replacing one of the GT350s. I've also included a pic of the shirt. Also scored at the swap meet-an original Dodge Shelby shopcoat that had been in deep storage since the very beginning of the Shelby Dodge experiment.
    I saw several pictures of the event on another site and saw the "Angy Box" in one of the pictures. I figured it must be you or Alan. If i would have known, I could have brought my GLHS or even my Mustang and could have been that Ford Mustang guy rooting for the GLHS cars!

Robert

boostaholic

turning 7200RPM and 145MPH down the front strait!
    On one of my dyno runs I touch 140 and laughed
    at myself thinking "like that will ever happen in real life" Now you give me hope!

Way to make us proud guys!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS0136 View Post
    I saw several pictures of the event on another site and saw the "Angy Box" in one of the pictures. I figured it must be you or Alan. If i would have known, I could have brought my GLHS or even my Mustang and could have been that Ford Mustang guy rooting for the GLHS cars!

Robert
    I've seen your GLHS at 4-5 events over the last 15 years or so, we certainly would have welcomed a 3K mile 'reference car'

Overall it was a great event with a bunch of great people, not everyone involved was 'enthusiastic' about the Shelby Dodges being involved in SAAC but enough were as to make the event satisfying to attend. That and it didn't hurt that they did so well on track, Forza in the 'Stock' group and my #110 S car in the unlimited class. Having other racers seek us out in the pits to ask about the cars is a warm and fuzzy feeling also. I had at least two guys serious about 'where can I find one and how much are they?' I think the value of 'Angry Boxes' went up a notch during the weekend

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor BadFastGTC's Avatar

Outstanding stuff gentlemen! While I personally have no animosity towards the Shelby Fords, I ran across a guy in a Shelby Mustang crusing along the highway while in my Shelby Lancer. When he looked over at me, I give him the thumbs up as I LIKE the Mustangs. Hell, I built a mechanical (with more power) copy. The guy looks over at me and tries to roll away. I motored back up beside him, gave him another thumbs up, then rolled away......
    Steve Menegon
    1989 T2 GTC (Sledgehammer)
    11.872@120.21
    1987 Shelby Lancer #574 - 13.79@104.65
    2005 SRT4 ACR (Mamba) 12.612@110.96 (Now Junk)
    2016 200S (The Silver Billet) 14.70@92.7

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Rampage16V's Avatar

Great job sounds like so much fun!

I want one with the GLHS in it!!!!!!! (XL)

Dean Stillie
    87 Shelby Z 2.4 Turbo 9.06@146.05
    82 Rampage 2.4 Turbo 10.14@138.02

seperate thread in "parts for sale" to order shirts. To those that already paid, yours will be going out in the next day or two-thanks

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Rampage16V's Avatar

Payment sent xl with glhs :-)
    Thanks

Dean Stillie
    87 Shelby Z 2.4 Turbo 9.06@146.05
    82 Rampage 2.4 Turbo 10.14@138.02

turbo addict

So if a Challenger T/A was there, and they've had Pantera's and other non-Shelby cars, but rather "Shelby-inspired" cars, I wonder if more TM's might be allowed to participate? I've heard of this group being a little "uppity" at times and I certainly wouldn't expect them to just accept any old TM just because the engine is similar to a numbered car, but maybe it's a possibility?

BTW, now that they've seen what the cars can do you guys have just made these cars unobtanium! $60,000 GLHS at Barrett Jackson...ehh....maybe not....LMAO

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    BTW, now that they've seen what the cars can do you guys have just made these cars unobtanium! $60,000 GLHS at Barrett Jackson...ehh....maybe not....LMAO
    Shelby-Dodge bubble?.... We can only hope!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

I'm crossing my fingers...my Shelby Z is 1 of 92 apparently! LMAO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12