Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 87 CSX #175 project log

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: 87 CSX #175 project log

Quote Originally Posted by Wastelands Warrior View Post
    Turbo Joe, what are you using for cam and crank sensors?
    For the crank i'm using the 36-1 wheel with the red threaded hall effect sensor from diyautotune and for the cam i'm using a flying magnet cam trigger set up from MSD. It was a blessing for Brian Slowe to come up with his design for a crank trigger bracket, his design is way better than what I had come up with a long time ago, I'm so glad I bought one cause it made this whole task so much better.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Hybrid booster

Thanks. You are doing the TIII proud.

Update to my progress. I finished most of the odds and ends, I basically focused on what needed to be done for a test drive. After making it thru the list I went looking for the go-pro every where but can't find it. So sorry but no test drive video for today. I was able to test drive it though and everything went well. I was using the auto tune function and drove around for a bit just so the map can get some what in the ball park and that auto function works pretty good. It's a shame it can't do spark tables for you too but thats ok. I'm just glad at least I didn't get stuck or even close to it. Going to go over a couple things and make sure everything still looks good and turn the boost controller on so its off the spring gated pressure, 10psi just doesn't do it for me even though it actually goes pretty good with only 10psi.. lol one thing i noticed is how much better the car is on full sequential MPG wise.. gonna have to see how good I can get it too. Gonna go look for my go-pro and figure out how the internal data logging works. So far I gotta say this whole megasquirt adventure has been good, I'm really liking how well it works and everything it can do.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

video deleted along with the other vids. I'm done with youtube. I may reupload at a later date but it will be at BitChute if I do so.
    Last edited by Turbo Joe; 08-06-2018 at 02:40 PM.
    Turbo Joe

Hybrid booster

The drivability seems awesome!

the fuel table is far from perfect but drives pretty good. I can't wait until I get it dialed in and start making real power. Should be a fun summer this year
    Turbo Joe

finally got around to messing with the speed sensor stuff. i picked up a speed sensor 3 wire version for a 93 shadow and messed around with some settings and now have it reading. Also wired the output for the speed sensor to the dash and got that working too, along with the CEL too. tomorrow if the weather is decent i'll gas it up and go calibrate the sensor so it reads correctly and do some tuning.
    Turbo Joe

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    finally got around to messing with the speed sensor stuff. i picked up a speed sensor 3 wire version for a 93 shadow and messed around with some settings and now have it reading. Also wired the output for the speed sensor to the dash and got that working too, along with the CEL too. tomorrow if the weather is decent i'll gas it up and go calibrate the sensor so it reads correctly and do some tuning.
    ive recently been looking at the MS3 traction control stuff that some are using.

on RWD applications, ive seen some put down big power on street tires letting MS3 compare front and rear wheel speed.

id love to see what it can do on a FWD application.

i mentioned this to mike marra as well as he is running MS3 on the GLMF.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    ive recently been looking at the MS3 traction control stuff that some are using.

on RWD applications, ive seen some put down big power on street tires letting MS3 compare front and rear wheel speed.

id love to see what it can do on a FWD application.

i mentioned this to mike marra as well as he is running MS3 on the GLMF.

Brian
    I'm sure there is a way to utilize the tire pressure sensors as speed sensors like some vehicles do and get something to work that way... interesting idea.
    Turbo Joe

Hybrid booster

Would like to see you AND the car at Jonny’s picnic next month..... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by 85glht View Post
    Would like to see you AND the car at Jonny’s picnic next month..... just saying
    that is one of the things that is happening this year.
    Turbo Joe

For the kinda daily update, I installed the new speed sensor, messed with the settings and got it working pretty darn good. It stays accurate until 75 or so. Did some drive-ability tuning and started messing with the boost controller and turned it up to 13 psi to see how it tracks from 10 psi. Pulled strong and smooth, I confirmed that because of the aftermarket tank, I have to run around half tank min. to avoid the pump sucking an air pocket. I'll mod the tank later on. I'm thinking I may have to get rid of the greddy boost controller and let megasquirt control the boost instead using the boost by gear method, we'll see. So far it's that time to slowly start walking up the boost.
    Turbo Joe

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    that is one of the things that is happening this year.
    I’m gonna hold you to this!

Well so far progress has been going slowly but going, so that's a good thing. Had a small issue with the idle speed motor so I swapped it out with my only spare that was unknown good. Luckily it was a good one so I'll have to pick up another spare just in case. I'll work on getting the idle perfect after, since my power steering pump is spitting fluid again. I'm done playing with that issue so I am glad I was able to get power steering working with a tube header but I think it's a rack issue, saganaw style rack with a ZF style pump, I don't think have the same pressure requirements. So I'm ripping the power steering stuff out and converting the rack to manual via seal deletes and welding the input shaft of the rack. I will end up gaining some room for a better catch can set up and needed room for a better designed down pipe, so that's the path going forward. Anyone have a part number handy for a serpentine belt for a small crank pully (FWD design ) with alt and waterpump drive only? It will be a few days before I can get my car back on the lift so I ordered some rod ends and the turn buckle so I can have a belt tensioner at the alt. already, but don't really want to waste time running around town trying to find a belt. My driving around town tune looks pretty good now, and slowly getting the hang of how this boost controller settings work, boost side of the fuel tables are ok-ish on low boost so just about ready for some dyno tuning as soon as I get the pump issue out of the way.
    Turbo Joe

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678