Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 87 CSX #175 project log

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: 87 CSX #175 project log

Do you ruin the rockers or is it just a lifter you are creating. Wondering since TIII rockers are hard to come by.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Do you ruin the rockers or is it just a lifter you are creating. Wondering since TIII rockers are hard to come by.
    I sacrificed 2 rockers, a left and right, for that from my spares bag. I agree they are hard to come by finding good ones but to me it was worth it because it made centerlining my cams so much better.
    I took my car for a test drive today and things are so much better now. to bad my shifting cable isn't a tad shorter cause its really close to the exhaust pipe so i'm gonna have to wire tie it away for now untill i can get some push-pull cables made up custom length. I also need to figure out why my powersteering pump keeps spitting the fluid out thru the cap and making a mess. gonna start working on the tune hopefully this week but Cecil is starting to look promising..
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Today I finally thought of a couple names for my car. B!tch and gold digger are what I came up with since this thing is constantly in my pocket and testing my patience and don't provide enjoyment very long. it seems it now wants more money since the zip tie i had broke and melted ANOTHER shifting cable. If I can't get a custom length cable made up fast enough I might not be able to make it to cecil AGAIN. car still needs some tuning but goes very good with little boost and time is running out for this year...i'm so bummed out already.... it's too bad the aftermarket cables are too long cause i would just order another aftermarket ,but if I can't get a custom one made up fast enough I might have to go that route for now and improvise a little... here's to hoping..
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    Today I finally thought of a couple names for my car. B!tch and gold digger are what I came up with since this thing is constantly in my pocket and testing my patience and don't provide enjoyment very long.
    Mine was nicknamed "Satans car" by Cliff Ramsdell, my wife calls it "Heather" after my ex.

Almost ready to sell it, but the car is so close to being "done"

Working on clearing the decks.

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    Mine was nicknamed "Satans car" by Cliff Ramsdell, my wife calls it "Heather" after my ex.

Almost ready to sell it, but the car is so close to being "done"
    haha I can so picture Cliff saying that too..lol

- - - Updated - - -

oh yea, ordered a shift cable from push-pull and they are rushing my order thru for me so I think I will still be able to make it to Cecil I just might have to finish tuning onsite but at this point as long as I make it i will be happy
    Turbo Joe

seriously can't believe the push-pull cable came in so fast. I'm not messing around this time so I went all out with wrapping it and installed it today but being that today is halloween,
    I will bring it out tomorrow instead for some testing and tuning..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heat wrapped push-pull cable.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	438.0 KB 
ID:	56629
    Turbo Joe

i got MP tune working good and finally got MP scan working, so now I can start data logging on test drives.. hopefully i can get the tune alot closer before cecil, but it's running good anyhow..
    Turbo Joe

slowly making progress on the tune , just wish I was better with MP Tune as I am with FAST ecu programs...got driveability alot better now and making progress on the boost map but it still needs work. Still haven't touched timing yet
    Hoping I can make alot of progress tomorrow.
    Turbo Joe

so far progress went good today, still gonna stretch it out into the night to get it closer. i've got the knock sensor almost reading good the whole way up to redline, just a small window to finish dealing with and fuel is finally staying stable now.
    Boost response getting better as the tune gets closer and driveability is tons better now ok back to work..
    Turbo Joe

Today I made good progress with the tune like I hoped. Overall this weekend got me close to a decent tune but still a long ways away.. a few more pockets to fill fuel and that should be good. then I can start adding timing hopefully i will have it close enough for cecil this coming weekend ( fingers crossed )
    Turbo Joe

Cecil was a good time and BIG thanks for Mike Marra for running back to my trailer to get me a set of allen keys while I was waiting in the lanes.. I'm gonna have to start from the basics and go from there.. thinking I may have a bad wideband sensor, and may have issues with my knock sensor..the cal kept pulling max timing on me and it felt lean but gauge says otherwise.. even 2 gal of C-16 mixed into my pump gas didn't make the knock sensor calm down so something's up.
    Turbo Joe

After reading " The Official Relentless 2016 " thread, I'm now super motivated to figure out whats up with the knock sensor going crazy as soon as I hit the 6100+ rpm range, cause it's perfect until then.. and recalibrate the wideband and see if i'm getting different readings. man I wish I had my own dyno.... raining today so no test drives
    Turbo Joe

got sidetracked a little today by going to the store and picking up a 21 gal. 2.5 HP compressor for the trailer since it finally went on blowout sale and decided an aluminum jack was needed to cause the heavy steel jack kills me to load/unload.
    Once I got to checking out the car, I recalibrated the O2 and before starting it , I decided to pull the plugs and check the mix the old way. Plug 1 looked really good, plug 2 and 3 both were on the lean side and plug 4 looked REALLY lean
    and it looks like cylinder temps were getting hot in that one, so that would explain why the knock sensor was going crazy at 6k+ .. so far it looks like nothing got hurt. It's a good thing I was only running 14psi, although i tried to turn the boost
    up but it still didn't make more boost.I'm guessing the injectors may have still had fuel in them when i let the car sit for 5 years so they most likely need to be cleaned. Since those are 72's they are too small anyway for what I want to do
    so new injectors will come sooner now, instead of seeing how far i can take those. Gonna order a set of RC 95lb injectors and a dozen or so new plugs and go from there.
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    Since those are 72's they are too small anyway for what I want to do so new injectors will come sooner now, instead of seeing how far i can take those. Gonna order a set of RC 95lb injectors and a dozen or so new plugs and go from there.
    72 pph = 445 hp
    95 pph = 587 hp

Assumes 85% duty cycle

Working on clearing the decks.

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    72 pph = 445 hp
    95 pph = 587 hp

Assumes 85% duty cycle
    ahh thank you Gary i couldn't recall the numbers off the top of my head but I had planned to take the 72's into the hi-10 bracket but since they look like a cause of a problem i don't want to waste time right now with sending those out to get cleaned and what not, so I'm just replacing them with the 95's so I can go deep 10's push into hi 9's in a full street car. I still need to figure out the meth tank placement so I can get that installed too
    Turbo Joe

I received my new injectors today now to get my msd installed and get my new 1000cc injectors in and retune...again lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rc injectors.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	420.7 KB 
ID:	56877
    Turbo Joe

pretty good day today, I did a full recalibration on the wideband and got the new injectors installed. i had to pull a bunch of fuel out of the idle area and only a little on the rest of the vac side of the map so far and it's close enough now I think for a road test but it's raining, so no road test for today. I still need to install the msd but only want to do one thing at a time in case a problem should arise. Hopefully the weather is fair tomorrow for a small road test. Starting to really get the hang of MP Tune now too so progress is coming along faster now and especially with the group scaling feature now
    Turbo Joe

Group scaling? Is that in the latest update?

Hybrid booster

What are you doing with the 72s? Are you planning to sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Group scaling? Is that in the latest update?
    the last week or so's update Pat. when you click on a grid hold shift then click on another grid and it high lights that row and you can make blocks high lighted. when you have that block of grids that you want to scale up together by the same amount right click on a high lighted grid and the window pops up and scale is there as an option now... really handy to have that now. it makes roughing out a cal thats close alot faster.. after you can make smaller groups and start to narrow in on getting the tune dialed in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSkrab View Post
    What are you doing with the 72s? Are you planning to sell them?
    not 100% sure what i'm going to do with them but if i did sell them I would send them out first to get rebuilt balanced and flowed, so I know the person buying them is getting a good set. I'll keep you in mind if that time comes.
    Turbo Joe

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast