Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 87 CSX #175 project log

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: 87 CSX #175 project log

well I finally got life back into the ole girl still need to reinstall the i/c system and the rad hoses but atleast got to hear it run today small steps forward I guess is a good thing
    PS: I ordered a new tool called " Kool Tools " AN braided fitting tool kit. I got the whole kit (4AN thru 16AN) and have to say I wish I got this a long time ago! it really does make the process way easier to assemble braided hose.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

got around to working on the ole girl again today made an expansion tank since i couldn't find one the size I needed 5052 .125 wall holds just over 2 quarts.
    I haven't welded in a while and could tell I'm a little rusty at it now..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0479.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	54981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0489.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	54982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0491.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	904.7 KB 
ID:	54983
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

finally got the maiden voyage in today with the quaife installed and the Menegon head. boost set to 10 psi or so and it felt great ! stock T3 cal scaled to my injectors, gonna start tweaking it as soon as I get the inspection sticker updated.
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    finally got the maiden voyage in today with the quaife installed and the Menegon head. boost set to 10 psi or so and it felt great ! stock T3 cal scaled to my injectors, gonna start tweaking it as soon as I get the inspection sticker updated.
    NICE! Congrats.

was going to try and get a sticker today until I noticed my Registration expired 7-15 ....doah !!I'll renew it asap and get a sticker this week.
    Turbo Joe

boostaholic

Awesome Joe! You going to make it to Cecil this November? Hope so

Quote Originally Posted by lengel View Post
    Awesome Joe! You going to make it to Cecil this November? Hope so
    Adam I hope so. I've been trying for so long to make it down there WITH my car, that I usually get depressed and don't even bother to go down to hang out. This is the year I plan to be there with my car though
    Turbo Joe

got around to spending time on my car so I went for a ride and guess what? I had another small breakdown....managed to get the car going again after some dude on a motorcycle called his friend that showed up with some nuts and tools to get my charging harness secured back to the alternator. sooner or later I'll run out of things to fix....come along for a short ride with me Edit: ok got the video link working better now
    Last edited by Turbo Joe; 09-13-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Adam I hope so. I've been trying for so long to make it down there WITH my car, that I usually get depressed and don't even bother to go down to hang out. This is the year I plan to be there with my car though
    I hope to make it as well.

Working on clearing the decks.

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    I hope to make it as well.
    Gary, that would be awesome if you can make it there too !! I think this is going to be the most historic cecil invasion in quite some time with Carroll trying to make it with you and me and Adam all gunning for a showing
    Kelly G. you should try and make it too with your iroc r/t
    ps: almost forgot, got the alternator swapped out since the arcing destroyed the threads on the charging stud. Amazingly Autostoned had the alt instock WITH the right pully . would've liked to use someone else for parts but at this point I need all the time I can get to chase out all the bugs and get ready for cecil.
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Gary, that would be awesome if you can make it there too !!
    We just finished getting the GLHS out of the garage, a day or two too square away parts and I'll be back to working on the CSX.

Working on clearing the decks.

Well had a BAD day at the track ..some jacka$$ driving his buddies mercedes backs up at about 15mph into the front end of my truck as i'm waiting in traffic to get in the dragstrip and after i put my broom away in the trailer he took off but i have the pic of the rear end and plate of that car so my insurance will get a call tomorrow. something happened and the car won't make more than 11psi. I don't know what it is yet but going to try and get it fixed cause Cecil is the event of the year in my book.
    so far i'm making progress with being able to tune the cal with MP tune since nothing would work yesterday.. best run of the day 14.2 @103 mph/ 3.0 60' bogg city !...it kills me cause it was running awesome before. valve train is loud as hell.
    Turbo Joe

my buddy linked me a pic, apparently the import faceoff crew took a pic of my car..still investigating whats going on hopefully tomorrow i'll know..fingers crossed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	csx_import_wars_oct11.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	371.0 KB 
ID:	56432  
    Turbo Joe

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

my buddy linked me a pic, apparently the import faceoff crew took a pic of my car..still investigating whats going on hopefully tomorrow i'll know..fingers crossed
    Street tires?
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Street tires?
    yea i know but my fault for that cause i didn't read the rules carefully enough to notice street cars can run slicks and still be in street class.. import wars had the rule where you would get bumped, NOT import faceoff..
    Turbo Joe

I should have my biggest problem sorted out tonite I HOPE. atleast my ability to tune my cal is sorted out and i'm getting awesome help from you guys on how to work with mptune
    Turbo Joe

made some good progress tonite and found that the intake cam timing was way off.... stoping by the machine shop tomorrow morning and having 2 rockers made into the solid lifter for centerlining made up cause bleed down is killing me on getting things exact. So tomorrow it should be a breeze getting things checked and re-aligned..still don't know why it was way off but it was.
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

made some good progress tonite and found that the intake cam timing was way off.... stoping by the machine shop tomorrow morning and having 2 rockers made into the solid lifter for centerlining made up cause bleed down is killing me on getting things exact. So tomorrow it should be a breeze getting things checked and re-aligned..still don't know why it was way off but it was.

Nice! Glad it wasn't anything major. I'm still trying to make Cecil but it's looking grim. I don't think I'll have my head back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    Nice! Glad it wasn't anything major. I'm still trying to make Cecil but it's looking grim. I don't think I'll have my head back in time.
    i got a stock one you can borrow well today was good, went by the machine shop my neighbor runs and had him mod a left and right rocker intake/exhaust for the solid lifter design for centerlining and wow that was so much better.
    I got the intake good but got a late start tonite after work so exhaust cam tomorrow then start putting things back together and see if I can start tuning the cal.
    Turbo Joe

another good day today both cams are set, and the belt tension set, rockers are on and i checked to make sure they are oiling up and also checked compression and that is good too. everything back together besides tightening up the v-band clamps on the waste gate. tomorrow should be a cal tuning day with minor wrenching and rechecking things in the morning. Hopefully that goes good so I can book a room for Cecil before they run out.
    Turbo Joe

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast