Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 87 CSX #175 project log

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: 87 CSX #175 project log

Buffing is done and hood is on finally. Just have to finish putting everything else together. Enjoy some pics hope everyone likes it
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

I'm not usually a fan of hood bulges on FWD cars but, that thing looks amazing! Great Job.
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    I'm not usually a fan of hood bulges on FWD cars but, that thing looks amazing! Great Job.
    thanks man

well just about finished all the assembly minus a couple decals and shelby r/t emblems for the fenders.. now to install the dj control arms and get it aligned this week hopefully and get my heat shields inplace and get my inspection sticker done then start tuning !! lol opps almost forgot to add a few more pics...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0346.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	516.8 KB 
ID:	50449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0350.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	513.7 KB 
ID:	50450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0352.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	519.1 KB 
ID:	50451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0353.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	508.0 KB 
ID:	50452
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Hybrid booster

Nice!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I love it. Nice work Sir.

Garrett booster

The car looks AWESOME. You should swing by sometime with it!

I like the aerial shot and the ARP sticker on the side. Subtle, yet prominent. Looks great!!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Well speedo cable was to close to the header and melted it so a new one is on order this sux
    Turbo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I like the aerial shot and the ARP sticker on the side. Subtle, yet prominent. Looks great!!
    I wish a speedo cable was my issue.
    Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    I wish a speedo cable was my issue.
    lol you quoted the wrong post dude... but yea there are a couple of other issues too but i can resolve those today mostly.. still trying to go for my inspection sticker tomorrow though..
    I have to reroute my turbo water coolant line to get it away from the header too.. but fixed my fuel leak ( well so far it isn't leaking ) and I don't have link-ends for the sway bar so I'll do the control arms later and just run the cast arms with the poly inserts without a swaybar since that isn't cleaned up yet. If it doesn't handle well I'll clean it up and install it. But i'm keeping at it no matter what. I had plans to recheck the cam timing this weekend but now that might not happen.. but I'm so close now I'm not stoppping till it's done.
    Turbo Joe

Woohoo! I barely made it but I got just enough done to get it good enough for the safety inspection. I had to figure out at the last minute why my wipers weren't working.. forgot to reground the wiper motor since it mounts thru rubber mounts, easy fix.
    rerouted the coolant lines to the turbo, check ! make the heat shields for the firewall and power steering reserviour, check and check ! ok sweet let's go for the sticker... well on the way there I found a couple more bugs I need to fix but I got my inspection completed so I'm happy. Front calipers are sticking really bad, By some miracle Autozone had a set of duralast re-mans instock?? hmm no way so I go anyway and low and behold I open the boxes and believe it or not they are KH calipers with the exact oem part numbers casted into them.. they are the r/t calipers I need !! So tomorrow I'll paint the calipers and install them, and I need to finish making my coil bracket, cause before I had it mounted to the aluminum vally cover, and that was a big mistake!! Wow no wonder my car barely made it back home from the inspection station, the coil must've been atleast 200 degrees hot. So when i let the car cool down it started right back up no prob and ran great. Also have to add the coil over shims to raise the front end a tad. But wow with the boost set to a mere 8lbs this thing just wants to go.. I can only imagine how much of a terror this thing will be
    Turbo Joe

well i fixed a bunch of the bugs i came across yesterday, and did a couple of other things too. Got to take the car for a ride, and everything else was great besides the early overboost shut down issue i'll work on next.. but wow when the boost starts to build up it jumps fast! And wow does it start pulling like a raped ape with such low boost!! I was very scepticle when I was told by a few guys that i will see very good results with my set-up, but wow I'm blown away at how well it has gone so far with a basic get it running tune.
    Turbo Joe

played around with the cal today a little bit and overboost was turned up and also got my new speedocable installed too. took my old man for a ride to test the overboost protection and having issues with boost control.. I set it to 12 psi but it hit 22psi with it and holy cow!! i got to get the boost under control and set to 12-14psi for the street. this thing put a VERY big smile on my face today at 22psi to bad i have NO traction at that boost level.. gotta get me a go pro soon!!
    Turbo Joe

well i finally got my cams dialed in today, big thank you to irocturbo3 (Kelly) and lottashelbys (Jackson) for the over the phone help on the pointers and info got 10.5 or so vac now and lowend drivability is waayyy better now. now i just have to tweak my fuel tables more and i should be good to go.. prolly change the oil tomorrow too.
    Turbo Joe

Sweet. When will it see its first pass?

Soon after you see a dyno run that i want to do soon. My alignment should happen this week and i should be headed to the dyno soon as long as no other bugs show up. Its been a long road but i'm finally there
    Turbo Joe

well... just as an update for those that are following, I ended up finding the one issue that was giving me alot of little ones. So on a good note atleast i figured out what was causing those little issues that came as an effect of that one thing. without going into details, i'm going to keep going on with progress with what i have to work with instead of letting it just sit even longer. My lonewolf head has issues so I have another one thats gonna get ported by Mr. Menegon, so I'll run a stock one for now. Hoping to get my car back together soon so i can get it ready for the dyno and see how it does. I won't be expecting any impressive results but hey, i'll just crank up the boost for now. Sorry for not giving out alot of details but those that know, I'm sure understand why and I'll just leave it at that. I'm just trying to get my car to jonny's BBQ this year, and want an 11 second slip and i'm not giving up.
    Turbo Joe

I feel your pain! I just wanna drive my car and enjoy it, not keep taking it apart!
    Carroll

well finally progress has been going again for me too Carroll. I got my freshly ported head back from Mr. Menegon ( i hope i spelled his name right) so I started working on putting my car back together. I installed my new rebuilt 568 with a quaife with some other goodies( props to Lottashelbys !!) and yes now was the time to replace that starter that was dry and ready to die and also swapped in a new shift cable, I haven't given up yet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0449.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	54508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0453.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	54509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0454.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	54510  
    Turbo Joe

well I tried to start the car today, but before I could, I usually unplug the injector harness and coil and just spin the mototr over first to get oil thru the system. So I start cranking the motor over and fuel is spraying everywhere! shut everything down and clean up and inspect, and well every " jegs brand " black swivel AN fitting I have on my fuel system is leaking like crazy. Yea i'm pissed.. I went thru this before and now again? So i'm removing every single jegs brand fitting from my car and replacing them with the usual earls blue and red before my car burns to the ground. Also found that the aftermarket shift cable I swapped out is a little longer and is gonna need to be swapped out with a custom made one so I won't have any more problems..and since I never really liked how I plumbed the water system for the I/C I will probly redo that too while I'm at it... but atleast most of the car is back together now
    Turbo Joe

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast