Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 87 CSX #175 project log

Re: 87 CSX #175 project log

Very cool! I'll have to tinker with it to try it.

Glad to hear you're making progress. I made a ton of progress in my cal in the last week also. Feels like a different car from what I ran at a drag week. Hopefully, you'll get some test driving in today.

Garrett booster

I've been away for awhile, but wow, your car is coming along great! Looks awesome, and has the performance to match! I'll have to check it out in person sometime.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

been a while and haven't really touched the car. Been busy cleaning out the garage and building a new shelf to store parts and finally got a 2 post 9,000 lb lift in the garage I worked on concrete floors for too long and felt it was time to get one.
    now that i'm just about done and the garage is in workable order, I can now get started working on my car again. My girl didn't know what to get me for xmas so I told her I'll pick something out don't worry about it ( hehehe) got me a new boost controller.
    I ended up picking out a greddy profec OLED, mainly cause of the features it has like in car boost adjust-ability, boost logging and mapping multiple settings and such over the XS dual stage controller I had that was not doing exactly what I wanted and required me to have allen keys on me to adjust under the hood. Got to install and rework a bunch of stuff... i started to type it all out and it was turning into a novel so I edited it..lol but now working on my car won't suck as bad anymore progress to start back up soon
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Nice!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

been working on the car, and I finally got one major part of the to do list done. I swapped over to an electric speedo cluster, so the speedo cable is now a thing of the past. The toughest part was figuring out the factory service electrical manual has a typo in it. for anyone thinking of doing this swap here's a big helper. the left plug ( red) pin location L is NOT a high beam indicator circuit, it's the speedometer signal feed wire. Other than that just add a couple pins and follow the wiring schematics. If you have Timkin brand hubs the arp neon wheel studs (PN 100-7721) fit but they are a little snug by .003 thousandths overall so it's only .0015 each side so it's do-able. But timkin decided that it's not important to clock the studs they install into the hubs so getting the original ones out suck. currently installing my MSD DIS-2 w/8912 tach adapter so I will now have an electrical rev limiter (vrs fuel cut) and a 2 step that does what I want it too and the innovate data log system that will also record G force Also found out my slicks DO actually fit on the centerline wheels I have. It seems that when i checked it before I forgot to pump up the brakes to take out the freefloating from the calipers and thats what was rubbing before.. doah !!! One thing I still need to get going on is my roll bars. should i go with or without A pillar bars.... hmm I am staying a 10.0 and slower street car so cage isn't manditory...opinions?
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

A bar is supposed to be safer for the street than a cage - less bars to thump your head on

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

figured I would add a pic of the new cluster installed and the new boost controller mounted.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0647.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	57272
    Turbo Joe

also got the msd dis-2 digital installed w/ 8912 adapter that is getting very hard to find. the 2step feature works perfectly so I should now be able to build boost at the line. more to come tomorrow.
    Turbo Joe

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Nice! You got some slicks for this season too?
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    also got the msd dis-2 digital installed w/ 8912 adapter that is getting very hard to find. the 2step feature works perfectly so I should now be able to build boost at the line. more to come tomorrow.

Hey Joe...interested in learning more about this set up. Feel free to post or shoot me a PM if that's easier.

Thanks,
    Pat

finished the other front wheel hub installed with the longer wheel studs. It's actually easier to just press the hubs apart a little and it makes getting the studs in and out a breeze. Then just press back together and good to go. I also noticed a tiny brake fluid leak coming from what looked like the fluid container. After removing the container from the master I inspected it but couldn't find any cracks.. so now it's chasing time till I find where the tiny drip is coming from.
    I'm glad that I have a shop press or doing the studs would be a lot more labor intensive.

Name:	IMG_0648.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	675.0 KB 
ID:	57276
    Turbo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Hey Joe...interested in learning more about this set up. Feel free to post or shoot me a PM if that's easier.

Thanks,
    Pat
    sent you a pm Pat
    Turbo Joe

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

A shop press is the only way to go.

I decided to go with the roll cage option since the bar option requires 1 3/4" main hoop instead of the 1 5/8" of a cage option. Space between the B Pillar and door/seat for the door bar to cross is what decided it for me. As far as the D bars go, reading the rules its kinda hard to follow but from what I got from it is I can go from the cross bar/main hoop to the tunnel via 6x6x1/8 plate, yes? Also do I need to install the rocker bars now too?

As far as the MSD set up goes how it's installed in a T3 set up is you wire the coil trigger wires to the 8912 adapter then the signals go to the msd dis2 then the output from the msd dis2 goes to the coil by itself. NOTE: the factory power supply wire (green from the asd circuit) is cut from the asd to coil. The msd is what powers the coil by itself via the 2 brown/orange wires that come from the MSD dis2. So your coil wiring should be 2 brown/orange coil power outputs to the 1 green wire to the coil, the brown/white wire to blk/grey wire (bank 1) and the brown/green goes to dark blue/yellow (bank 2). The blk/grey from the ecu side goes to the brown/white of the 8912 adapter and dblu/yellow from the ecu goes to the brown/green of the 8912 adapter. the white from the adapter goes to the white input of the MSD dis2 and green to green. Main power and ground are constants not keyed. I have the rotary dial version msd dis2 not the flip switch version but its wired the same anyway. Switch position 1 is what you want for the Ignition mode switch position. Hope that helps anyone wanting to install an msd dis2 in a T3.
    Turbo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Nice! You got some slicks for this season too?
    yes, I had slicks but had an issue with the rims thats been cleared up. So I'm hoping for some good et's this year
    Turbo Joe

roll cage is coming along slowly but nice. I'm glad I took the extra time this time around to better plan out the cage. Main hoop cross bar and door bars done, hopefully tomorrow I can pick up speed and get the front post bars and windshield bar done then make it all one piece.
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    roll cage is coming along slowly but nice. I'm glad I took the extra time this time around to better plan out the cage. Main hoop cross bar and door bars done, hopefully tomorrow I can pick up speed and get the front post bars and windshield bar done then make it all one piece.

well progress went slow today and to boot I forgot to check my shielding gas bottle as i ran out today...i'll fill it up tomorrow.. but heres a few pics of the main hoop section in primer to prevent any rust from starting..

Name:	IMG_0658.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	563.2 KB 
ID:	57344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0659.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	568.6 KB 
ID:	57345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0660.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	574.4 KB 
ID:	57346
    Turbo Joe

Aaaaannnd back from the dead again. Things got way hectic last year so the car just sat and did nothing. But fear not, I have been working on it again in between other priorities. Things have been coming along nicely and hope to be done soon but all the little things I didn't quite like before are still haunting me so I may end up having to redo a few things, some bigger than others. Sometimes I just get too picky... I'll post some updated pics shortly
    Turbo Joe

Just a few pics of the updates

Name:	20170304_184040.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	60255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170304_184252.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	60256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170305_210036.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	60257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170305_210134.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	60258
    Turbo Joe

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast