Thread: T3 early batch lifters

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

T3 early batch lifters

Hey Cindy tried calling the shop today 7:30ish eastcoast time i guess it was too late. Please call me asap i've got an issue with some of the lifters not fully compressing. Some compress to .918 oal and some only .982... But the free length is all the same at 1.026...Doesn't look right to me... Or pm me or reply here, thanks
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Re: T3 early batch lifters

I am about to double check a set of Fwd lifters I have had for years...please post or PM me the correct compressed length for when I finally check mine out. Thanks!

Pat

post back what you got for measurements Pat.. i measured a stock lifter I have in excellent shape and it measures alot longer in free length about 1.058(+- .002) compaired to 1.026 (+- .002) which basically accounts for the .032 or so freelash i have..
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    post back what you got for measurements Pat.. i measured a stock lifter I have in excellent shape and it measures alot longer in free length about 1.058(+- .002) compaired to 1.026 (+- .002) which basically accounts for the .032 or so freelash i have..
    Will do...I'll get out there tomorrow.

I spoke with Cindy today and she recalls the problem I'm running into to do with the fact i have stage2 cams.. gotta run lash caps to take up the excessive valvelash I have, but says that the compression differences won't be a problem anyway, so I have titanium lash caps coming in the .050 size. So i should take up the .032-.035 lash i have and get .015 of preload on the lifters now and still have room for possible compression.
    Turbo Joe

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    I spoke with Cindy today and she recalls the problem I'm running into to do with the fact i have stage2 cams.. gotta run lash caps to take up the excessive valvelash I have, but says that the compression differences won't be a problem anyway, so I have titanium lash caps coming in the .050 size. So i should take up the .032-.035 lash i have and get .015 of preload on the lifters now and still have room for possible compression.
    Stage II, the biggest ones? I think you need a bigger shim, I'll check what I ran before.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

we don't run shims on the larger t3 cams like you would on an 8v cam, we run lash caps on the valves to make up the difference.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Your running aftermarket cams on your T3 simon? Well let me know what stage cams and what shim and if you have the FWD lifters too... I'll find out monday when i get back from my trip to Niagara falls.. Toronto looks nice at night all light up
    Turbo Joe