Thread: S60 ASD Relay ??

turbo addict

S60 ASD Relay ??

I can not figure out what relay I need for this thing I've had it running on one that I snapped the clip front off of and a minivan one fit but still threw code 42 asd open or shorted
    Anyone know what car this relay is off of or what part # it is???

turbo addict

Re: S60 ASD Relay ??

s-60 harness is based on 88 electronics. You have other issues if it is throwing a 42. My guess it is not the sensor if the vehicle is running. If it is any comfort, I've heard of several true s-60 harnesses throwing a code 42.

turbo addict

i wonder why
    well thanks to chryguy i got the right sensor so i will reset it tomorrow and see if it is still thrown
    the harness is brand new out of the mopar bag i just put it in
    so i wonder what my issue can be

turbo addict

Not related but check this out. If you are not using a true s-60 SMEC, the wire that feeds into detonation sensor is in the wrong pin (near fuel rail). It is a two pin connector, and only one is used. If you want the detonation sensor curcuit to be functional, you will need to change the pin out in the harness to match the detonation sensor wiring. For some reason, MP put the detonation sensor wiring on the wrong pin on the s-60 L-body harnesses. Every one I have seen has been like this. Whether this was done intentionally to disable detonation sensor circuit is a good question. Did you change harness out to three or four wire o2? That would be another mod I would do to the s-60 harness. A single wire o2 isn't gonna cut it.
    Where did you find a new harness? Just curious as I remember you were interested in the one I sold recently.
    Todd

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

The 42 is for the ASD, but it means that the SMEC isn't seeing the 12v on the ASD input line. If the engine starts and runs, it's clearly not a bad ASD (the ASD supplies the 12v for the fuel pump, injectors, and ign coil)..

The ASD input is a white 18ga wire, pin 10 on the SMEC. Check that that wire exists in the harness, and that it has continuity to the 12v output on the ASD relay (should be the grn/blk wire). I'm not sure where the white wire is spliced into the ASD output (a larger gauge blk/grn wire). Maybe in the dash; both wires go thru the 50-way bulkhead.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki