Thread: G and J power seat tracks

Garrett booster

G and J power seat tracks

I have two G or J power seat tracks. I converted my car to a manual seat so no longer need them. Both work except on one of them (top) the recline does not work. Bottom one when it was taken out worked in all functions. Looking to get $15 each. I will be going Also will be adding some more interior parts soon. Have to go threw some of it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371390704.022541.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	45559

turbo addict

Re: G and J power seat tracks

I have power seats in my ShelbyZ so I don't really need these but if you don't mind I'd like to ask about your conversion. Did you just put manual seat tracks onto the bottom of the seat that used to be power? Were they just base power seats or enthusiast seats? If they were enthusiast seats were you able to retain the other functions of it? This is my plan on my enthusiast seats as I think it'll give me the desired head room I want in my daytona but I don't want to loose the side bolster and air bladder movements.

Garrett booster

I just put the manual seat track on the bottom, and I also had to change the side ratchet for the seat to. The seats in my daytona had all all the power functions. I think you will be able to retain the movements that you want you just need to leave the whole harness in the car. I personally set the seat up the way I wanted it then did everything. Saved a lot Of weight, I personally do not like power seats.

Hybrid booster

Yes, you can put manual tracks on to an enthusiast seat, and still retain it's wing and lumbar power. The power functions for wing and lumbar can be plugged in with out the power base. You can put power tracks under a manual seat, but you'll need to find the switch and wiring that plugs in under the seat and runs up to the console. Plug under is under the carpet under drivers seat if you have manual seats just waiting to be used. Done this all before, just don't have any pics to share, but once you see how it all plugs in it is really simple.