Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Importfaceoff

boostaholic

Re: Importfaceoff

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorob View Post
    Saturday was just for fun. made 2 passes as the place was packed. got to whip on a mustang with a supercharger and slicks. well worth the entry fee.

Sunday was in the mid 90's way too hot for this old man. they had a nice car show, Drifting that was alot of fun to watch and Drag racing. In the heads up FWD class there was 4 or 5 Hondas and 3 mopars, me, Jon Morre and a SRT4 that was trapping a 157 MPH but was a pig off the line. Jon lost first gear and went out in the first round and so did the SRT. in the semi's I got a by run. Holy Crap I made it to the finals but I was no match for the $80,000+ Honda. Me 10.43 him 9.40. I got $300 for 2nd

Tuesday was the SDAC drag race at Muncie Dragway. again in the 90's. entered the heads up class. I made it to the Semi's but lost to Who else but to James Reeves.
    ........me............James
    r/t...195.........119
    1/8..7.021.....6.884
    MPH.106.83...109.36
    1/4..10.674...10.403
    MPH.135.09...140.58
    as you can see I lost from the getgo.

next stop Pittsburgh on Sunday, chance of rain but in the low 80's
    I'll post some pics later.

So far it looks like PM showers,Its rained everyday here for the past week.Ill be up there before the gates open.Look for the silver Jeep Compass.Have a safe trip.

Garrett booster

It was nice meeting you at import faceoff at Kilkare.

boostaholic

I was good meeting you and your crew Rob.That was a great pass you made last run.Sucks about the Rad.We didnt run 1st round of brackets until about 5.I dialed a 18.40 figured I could driveit on the big end.WRXhad a 14.2 dial,I dumped it at line and freakin broke out by .45.I will never run a CVT again.Trying to figure out how the thing runs .50 slower on 2nd time without changing anything.It was fun though.The white honda won of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    I love those wheels you run your front slicks on... what are they??
    can't remember the name I think they are called Roto, made in China. 13 by 8 almost 11lb each.

- - - Updated - - -

another hot and humid day. got to Pittsburgh about 10 there has been so much rain there lately that it took all morning to dry the track and they had to keep everyone off the grass.
    the car show was small this time cause of the 50% chance of rain but most of the racers where out in full force. it was about 1:00 when we got to make are back to back qualifiing runs. I qualified 2nd.in FWD.

60'.......1.7159
    330'.....4.537
    1/8ET...6.791
    MPH....109.76
    ET......10.36
    MPH....137.03

got back to the pits, made a sandwich, sat down and watched my car drip water on the ground. CRAP cheep azz neon rad. my own damn fault was going to change it out but got lazy. all in all I had a blast, wish I could do this every week.

on the way home about 2miles from my house God decided to dump lake Erie on my home town 3'' of rain in less than 2 hours, part of the shop had about 2'' of water and the house had about 3'' of water in the basement . so much for my nap when I got home.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

can't remember the name I think they are called Roto, made in China. 13 by 8 almost 11lb each.
    Oh hot damn that's awesome! Im not finding anything by that name in google, let me know if the next time you see the bottom of the car or have the wheels off, if you can sneak a peak in those wheels and see what the exact brand name is. Thanks!

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

I love those wheels you run your front slicks on... what are they??

I believe the company is ROTA, not "Roto."

Try www.rotawheels.com

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Closest thing im seeing in Rota is Grid Classic which doesnt seem to be currently available in any 13" sizes. It looks like the same wheel, though.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

Closest thing im seeing in Rota is Grid Classic which doesnt seem to be currently available in any 13" sizes. It looks like the same wheel, though.

If the 13"s weren't selling they might've discontinued that size.

September 29 that's on a sunday @ Columbus National Trails. who's thinking of going.

turbo addict

September 29 that's on a sunday @ Columbus National Trails. who's thinking of going.
    The newly lightened up Matchbox (1889 lbs), last years bracket winner will.... BE THERE!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Same weekend as Mopar Southern Classic at Clay City Ky.....

Yeah Rob ,Clay city is the place to be. If the new lite weight Angelo is at Columbus................you ain't got a chance!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBRUDDA View Post
    Yeah Rob ,Clay city is the place to be. If the new lite weight Angelo is at Columbus................you ain't got a chance!
    SURE he does....I will be in a slow bracket race....maybe still low 16s.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Will not be able to make it to the import race Clay City is awesome will try to make it a point to make it next year. Good luck James.

and good luck Angelo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12