Thread: Slippery front end

Hybrid booster

Slippery front end

I have a plan for my suspension and brakes but I still want to enjoy the car so I just did a little improvement last weekend.I installed a 1'' rear swaybar and when I first bought the car, I noticed that the right front wheel had some sort of a positive camber so I removed both front wheels and added the most negative camber I could get from the stock camber bolt. When I first tried the car I could feel something was different upfront because the steering felt light! Today was a rainy day so when I did a lane change, man I could feel the car sliding when running over the painted line on the pavement. Yes, a bit normal driving over a painted area when it is wet but I know that something is weird since I played with the camber. I had cars previously with camber of -2.5 deg and never had that kind of feel upfront. Yes, I did all that by eyes but to tell you the truth, everything was fine and still, the car drive straight. Wheel looks more straight but far from -2.0 deg.... Just wondering what would create the feel that I have behind the wheel.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Re: Slippery front end

When you change the camber, you also change the toe. You should reset/verify your toe angle before doing anything else.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

yea and if you don't reset the toe you're going to shred the tires in a month. Been there, done that.

Hybrid booster

Yeah, after I sent that message I thought about that! ♫Hit me with your best shot♫♪
    Not that it really matter about the tire on the stock wheel but won't put the K1's with the new ZII as of yet.
    I guess I should start putting my projekt on top of my list then hit the alignment!

Thanks!