Thread: 92 knuckles

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

92 knuckles

Looking for a pair of '92-ish steering knuckles, preferably with bearings, last piece I need to upgrade to the 11" brakes on the wagon... I don't need the caliper adapters, just the part the strut connects to.

Thanks!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Re: 92 knuckles

i have these off my 92 daytona es complete.

Let me know what you'd like for them and let's see if we can (in my best Monty Hall) "make a deal "!

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know what you'd like for them and let's see if we can (in my best Monty Hall) "make a deal "!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

- Edmund Burke

i know they are gonna be heavy to ship. the rotors on them were new, they have surface rust from sitting in my shed. i dont want much, something plus whatever actual ups shipping is, its probably the cheapest. i dont need them at all.

If you can get me a weight, I can get you a UPS shipping label through work, then just hand it off to the nearest UPS store/driver.

Just let me know what you'd like to have for them and a paypal addy and I'll get you squared away.

And Thanks, It has been killing me to not be able to finish a long-awaited upgrade!

Mike

- Edmund Burke

are you sure that these are what you want? i upgraded the 92 ES brakes to caravan brakes so i could have the big ones since i couldnt find any iroc knuckles at the time. the caravan ones were 11.5 that i upgraded to, same size as my iroc r/t brakes are

Then maybe not. Do they have the removable caliper adapters/brackets? If so, can you measure the bolt spacing of the brackets?

The calipers/brackets I have to use with the 11" brakes fit the vans and bigger cars (New Yorker,etc), but don't mount to the csx knuckles, too narrow...

Mike
    Last edited by zin; 06-12-2013 at 03:01 PM.

- Edmund Burke

i dont know, i dont believe they have the removable caliper bracket, and they were the 10.5? rotors, not the larger r/t style, thats why i swapped them out.

Yeah, guess I'm back on the hunt!

The van knuckles would work, but I think they have different steering stops built in and I don't want to grind if I don't have to, the New Yorkers with 11" brakes will work, but I'm not willing to pay what the PAPs around here want for them, not when I could spend about the same amount and put a few $$ in a fellow enthusiasts pocket!

Mike

- Edmund Burke

could have had r/t knuckles on monday, but i didnt know you wanted those, the yard had a iroc there complete i needed nothing from. good luck

thanks! If you happen upon some, I'd still be interested, though I'd kind of like to get the newer version that has the caliper adapter/bracket as a bolt-on...

I have loaded calipers ready to go, which include the caliper bracket, and for some reason the r/t knuckles I have won't work with the calipers I have (92 van w/11" discs), seems to be off by 1/8" or so.

Mike

- Edmund Burke