Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Consulier GTPs up for grabs...

Re: Consulier GTPs up for grabs...

That is a well written article, thanks for sharing that!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Anyone check on the title paperwork for these recently?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    That is a well written article, thanks for sharing that!
    Yes it was-John Fitch was an automotive legend and a genuinely nice guy.
    heres another cool interview of Mosler(sorry if its already been posted). Mosler is also an automotive innovator, nice guy and brilliant.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/feat...#axzz2b9r4Z01b
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

boostaholic

I have been checking in about the title. No news yet. I'm sure it can be taken care of without any assistance.. but I'm in no rush so I'm still holding off.
    MinivanRider

turbo addict

TIP!
    While changing the timing belt and water pump you need to loosen the AC bracket.
    The tip is to remove the upper studs on the AC bracket that hold the AC compressor.
    Other wise there is no room to move the compressor out of the way. Then use bolts
    to put it back on.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Garrett booster

So is anyone who's subscribed to this thread still wanting a Consulier? I've pretty well decided to sell my Series 1 Roadster. I've got a windshield and a radiator to go with it if I sell it. I wanted to give the people in this thread first crack since I know several of you expressed interest in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MPI_duster View Post
    So is anyone who's subscribed to this thread still wanting a Consulier? I've pretty well decided to sell my Series 1 Roadster. I've got a windshield and a radiator to go with it if I sell it. I wanted to give the people in this thread first crack since I know several of you expressed interest in them.
    Details? How much? Know someone that is interested.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MPI_duster View Post

So with you making a few bucks for your trouble, how much are you needing for the series I? The timing is a little better for me now than the last couple years and frankly I'm glad I DIDNT get one 2 years ago when first offered. Prices were 4X what you and the 'group" paid...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    So with you making a few bucks for your trouble, how much are you needing for the series I? The timing is a little better for me now than the last couple years and frankly I'm glad I DIDNT get one 2 years ago when first offered. Prices were 4X what you and the 'group" paid...
    Hey, get in line!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I'm interested in more info as well.
    The one I was looking at getting is now in CA.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Consulier Thread....we should have a separate section!
    THIS INFO COULD BE DIFFERENT from early to late cars of course.

In the mean time I want to get ALL the info we have in one place in related to parts.
    I will add them here and someday it can be a sticky.
    I want to include part number where we can or at least what car they came from so you can go to any parts store and ask for and get the parts that will fit.

I found these to be true on my 1990 car:

1988 Daytona spindles front and rear
    Brakes Front: 1988 Daytona 10 inch rotors.
    Brakes rear: 1988 Pontiac Fiero rears
    On these rears, I found on the calper's I bought, the metal sleeves where the bolts go through to hold the caliper to the knuckle were too small of diameter and I had to swap them. But is this the fault of the rebuilder or part of the conversion to get them to work on the FWD mopar knuckles?

Brake line part numbers are
    RAYBESTOS Part # BH38045 front and rear right
    RAYBESTOS Part # BH38046 front and rear left
    These lines are late 80s K-car, Daytona, Shadow parts with the center bracket removed.

Tail lights 79-86 El Camino or Malibu wagon
    Fuel Pump...#E2315 AirTech or NAPA P74015

Headlights:
    H4703 low beam
    H4701 high beam

Steering column being from the Chrysler Minivan
    Outside door handles from Caravan/Daytona

For the knowledge base:
    The Clutch Slave Cylinder is out of an '81 Datsun 310.........(frankencar!!!)
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-31-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    You won't flip it Steve! You will fall in love with this car

As I predicted, there are now four from the sale sold at a nice profit and at least three more up for sale-sort of, maybe more...and why not? I still think the blip will hold for a bit more and then we'll see a nice dip in pricing as folks cash out.

turbo addict

I don't know of just one for sale....I know a guy that wants one....wants a hard topped one though he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't know of just one for sale....I know a guy that wants one....wants a hard topped one though he says.
    If its the same guy I'm thinking of, he doesn't know any better and will probably pay all the money for one.

turbo addict

The guy I know lives here in the northwest.

boostaholic

Hood grommets say camloc 40g16-130, uses phillips head 90 degree thingies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camloc6.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	554.0 KB 
ID:	46399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camloc8.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	448.7 KB 
ID:	46400  
    MinivanRider

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That was great. Did he ever finish the write up?

turbo addict

That was a good write up! It says they have the car raised up to give 6" of ground clearance. How much do you have? I also like the "spats" behind the rear wheels. I think it cleans up the look of the car a bit. I'm not sure I've ever noticed them before on other cars. Those wheels really make the car look much nicer, too.

In the article it states that the car that was used for the federal crash tests was able to drive home. I'm not too sure I believe that, but if so...wow! The passengers would probably not fare well due to internal injuries, though.

turbo addict

In the article it states that the car that was used for the federal crash tests was able to drive home. I'm not too sure I believe that, but if so...wow! The passengers would probably not fare well due to internal injuries, though.
    I believe it. I saw the car. I posted a photo of it.
    Here it is again...its the black one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	260.5 KB 
ID:	46458