Thread: What to log-MPScan

boostaholic

What to log-MPScan

ok guys, flame on if you like but just got my BB.com flashable and this is all new to me, did a ton of research before making the jump and Rob has been REAL helpful with me getting this setup along with JoeDuno with a few tips... so pretty comfortable using the software and hooking up the hardware... now what im looking for is from the "list" that was populated what all should i be logging?? some of the major ones, i know, with confirmation from BAP... what i have so far in one of my dash boards is RPM, Vehicle speed, Map Value (boostpsi), cyl 1,2,3,4 retard, injector latency, batt volts and TPS volts... what else are you guys looking at/for in your logs... i am in no way ready to start tuning my own set up right now, not too comfortable BUT i want to compile a few logs to have Rob look over to adjust as necessary... sorry for such the newbie question but hey we all got to start some where right and c'mon really this stuff was designed for the average DIY'r right?? so why not have a thread to say "hey, first timers, heres kind of a format to use"

thanks!!

oh and ps, how do i get the wideband to log in MPScan... i see there is a tab for wideband and includes the manufacture (im running Innovate LC-1) or is that coming in a later version???

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: What to log-MPScan

Quote Originally Posted by 22shelby View Post
    ok guys, flame on if you like but just got my BB.com flashable and this is all new to me, did a ton of research before making the jump and Rob has been REAL helpful with me getting this setup along with JoeDuno with a few tips... so pretty comfortable using the software and hooking up the hardware... now what im looking for is from the "list" that was populated what all should i be logging?? some of the major ones, i know, with confirmation from BAP... what i have so far in one of my dash boards is RPM, Vehicle speed, Map Value (boostpsi), cyl 1,2,3,4 retard, injector latency, batt volts and TPS volts... what else are you guys looking at/for in your logs... i am in no way ready to start tuning my own set up right now, not too comfortable BUT i want to compile a few logs to have Rob look over to adjust as necessary... sorry for such the newbie question but hey we all got to start some where right and c'mon really this stuff was designed for the average DIY'r right?? so why not have a thread to say "hey, first timers, heres kind of a format to use"

thanks!!

oh and ps, how do i get the wideband to log in MPScan... i see there is a tab for wideband and includes the manufacture (im running Innovate LC-1) or is that coming in a later version???
    You don't need injector latency. That's the calculated injector 'opening' time and is only dependent on battery volts. You want injector PW.

O2 volts is another one I usually log.

If you're tuning boost control, you'll also want boost target and WG duty cycle.

On the WB, I have the SMEC cals setup to accept a WB input now. It will internally convert the signal to a NB signal for use in the feedback control. But, you can use MP Scan to log the actual AFR directly. I can set that up for you in the next revision...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki