Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDRC SportCompactNationals

IDRC SportCompactNationals

May26 this sunday at Norwalk SummitMotorsportPark.anyone from here going. I'll be there. gates open at 8am.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: IDRC SportCompactNationals

Good luck Rob! Wish I could make it!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Good luck Rob! Wish I could make it!
    thanks. wish more people would go to this,It's a awesome good time.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Go get'em Rob. How fast are you running these days anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Go get'em Rob. How fast are you running these days anyway?
    I'll let you know. I made two major changes to the car.#1 I cut off the 2" ninety on the intake and welded a straight 2 1/2 5" long tube from the TB to the intake and got light weight wheels for the front 13" by 8'' 11lb each with 26-8 1/2-13 M&H. with the intake mod the car was running lean. so I had to add way more fuel. I love the new slicks they work awesome.

Hybrid booster

I'll be there.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by unluckyty View Post
    I'll be there.

Greg
    sweet. come park next to us, I'll save you a spot.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Good luck bro! Wish I were in your neck of the woods. Would be a blast to have two Killer S/C's running the same track same day!

Some day..............

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorob View Post
    sweet. come park next to us, I'll save you a spot.
    Sounds good, thanks

Hybrid booster

Videos if you can.

We will be there..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Good luck bro! Wish I were in your neck of the woods. Would be a blast to have two Killer S/C's running the same track same day!

Some day..............
    I had to put racing on hold for 15 years to raise a family, now that there all on there own I've been making up for lost time. your time will come again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackerman View Post
    Videos if you can.
    you got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BIG PSI View Post
    We will be there..
    cool looking forward to seeing you guys.

boostaholic

I was hoping to work on my car last weekend to make this but my wife suprised me
    with tickets to Vegas. Best birthday ever.
    Have fun Rob and hope you get a new PB!

Quote Originally Posted by Keito View Post
    I was hoping to work on my car last weekend to make this but my wife suprised me
    with tickets to Vegas. Best birthday ever.
    Have fun Rob and hope you get a new PB!
    you didn't miss much, very low attendance. just a hand full of diehard racers and there family. the front wheel drive class was Honda vs Mopar. that was cool. Jon Moore got 2nd I think he spun a little. the well built Honda with traction control got the best of him.
    no PB for me. my fuel line is deteriorating from the in side and making a mess of things. got it on the lift and going to start pulling the whole fuel system out and start over.

got to see the world fastest IRS twin turbo Corvette make a low 7 second pass and then go up in flames.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

you didn't miss much, very low attendance. just a hand full of diehard racers and there family. the front wheel drive class was Honda vs Mopar. that was cool. Jon Moore got 2nd I think he spun a little. the well built Honda with traction control got the best of him.
    no PB for me. my fuel line is deteriorating from the in side and making a mess of things. got it on the lift and going to start pulling the whole fuel system out and start over.

got to see the world fastest IRS twin turbo Corvette make a low 7 second pass and then go up in flames.
    Bummer on the fuel line issues What did Moore and the Honda end up running?

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Double ouch.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Bummer on the fuel line issues What did Moore and the Honda end up running?
    the Honda ran a best of 10.20 something and Moore 10.30 something but by the end of the day the track was losing its grip so no one was running there #s.

turbo addict

I would have loved to be there...need to check this forum more often. Me and the Cheap Skate raced at Edgewater Saturday (lost first round to a bracket racing Honda Civic. He got me on the tree and ran a 12.32 on a 12.30 while I broke out with a 16.05 on a 16.09 dial..and he had a better light.) My two time runs were both screwed up as I had a killer hook up on the first round (normally spin a tiny bit) then the next pass spun all through first gear...had to guess a dial. On Monday I was at Indy with Matchbox and got to the semis again. Antron Brown was there again while his kid was in a Jr Dragster and came over since back on April 14th he checked out old Matchbox and autographed it. He was amazed of my 40 NHRA/IHRA championships that were on the calendar and surprised that most were in the Box. He comes over and I ask if he would be nice enough to sit in the Box for a couple of photos...he said he would love to and wanted to check out the interior. He fits in it perfectly. He then looked at my log book and started to check it out...SHOCKED that I had dialed a 16.69 and ran a 16.69 and that I guessed my 1/8th would be a 10.46 when it ran a 10.47....AND A PERFECT .000 reaction time! I had to admit that this was only the second perfect light I ever had. I let 1/2lb of psi out of both tires and won with a .051, .003, .048, and lost 4th round with a .012 to the other guys .001....in eliminations I dialed a 16.68, and ran 16.69, 16.71, 16.72, and then broke out with a 16.68 on a 16.69 dial...should have left it alone...all passes were flat out.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Rubber AN lines?

Hybrid booster

Had a good time, nice to meet Rob and his family and another turbo dodge father and son running a shadow. sorry about Rob's bad luck. I did poorly but time for some improvement this year.

Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast