Thread: 1992 dodge daytona iroc r/t

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

1992 dodge daytona iroc r/t

Date: 23rd May 2013
    Username: glhs727
    Full Name: cindy lindsay
    City, State, Zip: spring tx 77373
    Contact: text to 281-642-3878 or email sales@fwdperformance.com Selling or Wanted Price: $11,500

Description: Excellent condition 1992 IROC R/T. ONLY 250 r/t's were made in 1992 and this is one of only 60 made in black.
    The car was a barn find. It was solid but the paint was faded, the motor blown and in pieces in the trunk. The car has since been professionally redone by experts that actually know and love these rare cars. The car was painted factory black and a new windshield was installed. The interior cleaned up nicely and is all original except the headliner which was replaced. The underside was cleaned and undercoated. All factory ground effects are redone and in good shape. The car has been modified with the best of everything, this car is truly the ultimate iroc r/t. Only 67078 miles on the odometer!
    Motor:
    JE forged pistons, forged crank, heavy duty t-3 rods with arp rod bolts, arp main studs, balance shafts removed and plugged. Clevite 77 tri-metal rod and main bearings, new freeze plugs, one piece felpro oil pan gasket, melling oil pump and cryo treated I-shaft. Timing belt idler mod done. +40 injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulater, FWD Performance stage 4 pcm, 3 bar map sensor, polished catch can and powdercoated fuel rail. Has magnacor plug wires and new spark plugs. Intake is also powdercoated plus drilled and tapped for methanol injection (if you want to make 500 hp). Battery relocated to the trunk. Cold a/c!
    Custom short throw shifter with pistol grip handle, egt gauge, aem wideband, and boost gauge installed.
    Precision 600 intercooler with custom stainless intercooler piping. 3" mandrel bent exhaust system. Full size radiator
    Ported head, stage 1 cams, powder coated valve covers, and aluminum valley cover. Ported exhaust manifold, Holset HE351cw turbo with custom downpipe.
    Upgraded clutch, a568 trans in excellent condition.
    Front suspension redone with powder coated K-frame, new poly control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, new tie rods and ball joints. Rear suspension has new rear axle bushings as well. All new adjustable Koni shocks and struts with eibach lowering springs.
    Brake system upgraded with cross drilled brake rotors, stainless steel brake lines and hawk pads. Aftermarket 17 inch wheels and tires. Also custom fit car cover included. Protect that investment.
    Quality stainless fasteners, clamps etc... used whenever possible. The level of detail and quality is top notch, and cars this unique, rare and nice do not show up often.
    All this work was completed a couple of years ago, and since then only a couple hundred miles have been put on the car. It is too nice and impractical for me because I take 2 dogs to work everyday and they would trash it, so it just sits in storage. Looking for someone that knows and appreciated these cars. This car is capable of 400+ whp so not for the timid or faint of heart, but how many cars do you know that can make 400+ and still get 30 mpg? it's a great combination of fast, fun and practical.
    Car is located in the Houston area and can been seen in person by request.
    If interested, I would go lower on price to right individual. If you are interested, please contact me and we can discuss price and any issues. No low ballers because you won't be getting this car for $5K, but if you are a serious buyer, let me know.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

Re: 1992 dodge daytona iroc r/t

Free bump for a clean --- R/T and a great seller. Who did the shifter, that's a nice piece.
    I've got to call you next week about pistons and rods.
    74 Charger 440/727 91 Spirit R/T TIII/a568 95 Ram Cummins 12v/47RH

Quote Originally Posted by Kryp2nitE View Post
    Free bump for a clean --- R/T and a great seller. Who did the shifter, that's a nice piece.
    I've got to call you next week about pistons and rods.
    Thanks! That is an FWD custom piece. we made them several years ago but only did a couple of small runs. I've wish someone would at least make an offer. This car has thousands in parts and hundreds of hours in it. Someone wanting a awesome r/t with the expense and time, can pick this up and start driving.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Garrett booster

Have you put this on a dyno yet??? Any leaks of any kind, anything negative about it at all??

I have not put it on the dyno, we've been too busy but might soon. I know with the holset at 25 psi it should be around 400, and at 30+ could get I to 500. Right now I have the boost set at 17 psi and it runs good. There are a couple of issues like the tach doesn't work. I recharged the AC a while back and it worked, but now I can hear the a/c comp cycling, so I need to look at that, anf the cigareete lighter doesn't work. The car is NOT 100% perfect, but it is 95%. I'm willing to go down on price knowing that the car needs to be driven and there will likely be a bug or 2 that needs to be worked out or something small fixed. All the major components are new and working fine so I don't anticipate any huge problems. This car/parts will last a long time. So come on make me an offer! I might even entertain a trade plus cash... but no boats, trucks, or motorcycles!

I'm surprised that someone hasn't bought this yet. Considering how much time and money it would take to duplicate this car, and knowing that so few r/t's were built and that number is even less for all the r/t's that still survive today. What am I doing wrong? should I advertise elsewhere? I'm open for ideas because I have 6-7 cars I would like gone before the end of summer. I want to work on a couple of other projects I would love to finish and need the space!

Hybrid booster

It should be gone before summer is over, just need to check finances. Beautiful car!

if you wna remove everything and sell just the roller let me know, id like a black r/t again, but i already have my set up to put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    if you wna remove everything and sell just the roller let me know, id like a black r/t again, but i already have my set up to put in.
    yea, that would be way to much work for way to little money LOL.... but if I come across a good roller, I'll let you know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 88C/S View Post
    It should be gone before summer is over, just need to check finances. Beautiful car!
    so are you interested?

turbo addict

Beautiful car Cindy. IMO, of most high end TM's, the buyer will find their dream car and pursue it's purchase whether the car is actively for sale or not. GLWS.
    Todd
    Last edited by 4 l-bodies; 06-29-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks, it's not perfect but it is pretty darn nice and I know it would cost more just in parts to try and do that with a stock r/t. I hope someone decides to pursue this one soon. I feel bad just letting it sit here.

Hybrid booster

I think I'm gonna look pretty dayum good driving this car!

turbo addict

Does that mean you are/did buy it?

*sale pending*

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    Does that mean you are/did buy it?
    I will have the funds to Cindy within the next few days, then it will be time for the Daytona to come East so I can rule the Wastelands once more!!!

turbo addict

Awesome man!!! Cool to know its comming to the tristate

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    Awesome man!!! Cool to know its comming to the tristate
    Yep soon I will be ripping up the parkway!!!

sold!