Thread: 2.2/2.5 rwd sfi approved bellhousing ??????????

2.2/2.5 rwd sfi approved bellhousing ??????????

Any one ever heard of a sfi approved rwd bellohusing for a 2.2 / 2.5

who makes them contact info anything ????

Any help appreciated

going land speed racing in the ecta east coast timing association with a rwd conversion daytona shelby rules require sfi approved bellhousing i can build a 1/4 in steel plate box around factory equipment and get by but if there is someone out there who makes one i am interested in talking to them

i know they used to run a racing series with our engines in midget/sprint cars not sure if they even ran transmissions though

thx again for your time

duke

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: 2.2/2.5 rwd sfi approved bellhousing ??????????

Hi Duke, sounds like a fun project!

The short answer is "no" there are no "SFI approved" solutions off the shelf for RWD or FWD 2.2L/2.5L applications.

If you like to fab stuff, this is not too big of a project. A few of us are running a home-made scatter shields per the NHRA rules that are probably similar. Reeves made a group buy of them last year and that's what I have and it fits well and meets the spec, but designed for the FWD trans so not exactly correct for you. For a RWD it would probably be a little easier with no diff in the way...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

BADASS

i kind of knew the answer beore i posted but i had to ask

as far as the project goes it should be a blast. ECTA moved the event from maxton NC to Wilmington OH last year i have been to 3 of them already thought i would get in on the fun and represent the turbo dodges I have not seen any yet.

was going to do it with my beat up glh but its about as aerodynamic as an out house. I found an 87 daytona shelby out in eastern pa with a PA certificate of salvage and he gave up on his project to do a mustang. I figured it was better to be cut modified and raced than another shelby dodge sent to the crusher...

I am trying to obtain an ohio title salvage builders or clear before i start cutting I would like to run it on the street as well if possible.

will keep you guys posted once i get started they aloow build threads on this site ??

thx duke

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by flight704 View Post
    they alow build threads on this site ??

thx duke
    look for the PROJECT link in the header

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor GLHS60's Avatar

Not only are build threads aloowed, they are encouraged!! You probably already know there are two styles factory bell housings.

Thanks
    Randy

There is no logical reason to call an Engine a motor.

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    86 GLHS 373 : SOLD, but never forgotten
    89 Turbo Minivan
    83 Turbo Rampage : SOLD
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

cool i found your projects forum I will start one up when things get interesting

right now its just title headaches and finding out everything i have to get straightened out or i can eliminate...

motor is running and purring like a kitten 59,000 original miles it is heading into the glh sooner or later drove it around the block a couple times got the rear brakes unstuck and functioning would love to take it out on the highway and open it up for a bit but no tags / insurance maybe next weekened lol

Hybrid booster

Convert the rear brakes to '89, you won't have to deal with the rears getting stuck again. I did.

88c/s thx for the tip and i wanted it to be all mopar but its looking like the rear end will be a 9 in ford unless richmond gear suddenly starts making 3.0 gears or lower for an 8 3/4. went to jegs and called summit they say they cant get anything lower than 3.55 for a mopar 8 3/4 rules say no c clip axles allowed as well once you go over 135 mph so the 8 1/4 i have laying in the garage floor with powertrax locker custom axles from mosier engineering and all the other new stuff in there remains a paper weight until i shove it under my 70 dart i guess