Just an FYI to anyone that bought a BoostButton flashable SBEC or SBECII (or DIY bare flash module) - there is a conflict between the module and the ECU software that I found this past weekend. It has to do with the Emissions maintenance Reminder lamp (which only the vans got AFAIK). When the code tries to write the EMR mileage to EEPROM, the flash module is selected simultaneously, and gets corrupted, causing your engine to die most likely.

It will restart normally after you re-flash the cal. Obviously, that's not convenient. And, it will just die again in approximately 8mi (13km) or so.

So, if you are having this issue with your BoostButton flashable SBEC, please let me know and I'll help you work thru the code fix (either a stock-based cal, or Turbonator cal). It's an easy fix.

For the future, I am redesigning the SBEC and SBECII flash modules to avoid this issue completely.

The Flashable SMEC and SMEC Flash modules are not affected by this at all. They are write-protected during write cycles while the ECU is running normally and can only be written to when in boot-strap mode.