Thread: 04 jeep liberty 42re tranny

Mitsu booster

04 jeep liberty 42re tranny

04 jeep liberty 42re tranny
    Ok first time here so I hope someone can help me. My wifes jeep runs greet and has around 70'000 miles on it. But the other day I got a call that it is not shifting and engine check light is on as we'll as a constant ticking sound. Looking into it, it went into limp mode and gave couple of dump codes like a linkage problem. So looked at it and it was fine. I cleared the codes and for two weeks it was fine. Then driving it and it got up to proper temp same thing checked codes and it at least 20 codes came up but were not to clear. To me the sound sounded like a pump caveating. So I changed tranny filter everything was great again, the filter didn't look dirty, fluid was clean and did not smell burn. So again 2 weeks later I'm back at stage one could it be the pump? And if so if I change it should i worry about the rest of the transmission? Or can it be something else. Please help.

turbo addict

Re: 04 jeep liberty 42re tranny

might want to try google and looking for a dedicated forum for the Jeep Libertys. This site is mainly for the 80's 90's turbo charged FWD chrysler's and the new Turbo FWD chryslers.