Thread: My new modded csx

Hybrid booster

My new modded csx

I finally talked my buddy out of selling his csx to me its obviously a vnt car its been converted to turbo II , FM ported head, FM ported intake and exhaust manifolds, enforcer 2 turbo, super 60 cam, je pistons, 3in exhaust, super 60 intercooler. He dosnt ever drive his older TM's anymore since he got his stg3 srt4 now i dont know much about the turbo II cars as i mainly deal with T3 cars what kind of HP is this car capable of and what kind of 1/4mi et we talking i know lots of varible but what should i be able to atleast muster out of this 8v car. My plans is to make it my main auto cross car with a little bit of drag raceing and alot of street racing. I would think this would be a 300whp car?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Re: My new modded csx

If everything was done properly and tuned right it should easily be a 300+WHP car. Unfortunately, over 90% of TD builds are Not done right and Never live long enough to get tuned properly. Hopefully this is one of the 10%

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 440dart View Post
    I finally talked my buddy out of selling his csx to me
    Damn, for a second there I thought you bought it (as in you talked him INTO selling it to you) I guess if you talked him out of it, he's keeping the car! lol

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Hybrid booster

yep i bought it hes got two this one and a supernice stocker thats never seen snow or rain for the last 15-20yrs both cars have been sitting in his garage, I dont know anything about 8v cars but 300whp will be plenty for an autocross car as long as i put a limited slip in it. I hear ya on building them right tired of useing wore out junk with 130k and trying to run 11s lol got a new longblock h-beams venolias T3 setup going in a glhs for my race car Thanks for the info

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

What kind of max boost would this setup make without makeing to much heat i would probley run meth as its alot cheaper then race gas and seems to work awsome on my t3 car. Somebodys got to have an idea as these 8v setups have been the block a few times. Anything i should lookout for or possibley upgrade i see some guys talking about useing pt lifters things of that nature?

Would need a little more info, there were several versions of the enforcer 2 turbos (that I've seen) + it is completely dependant on how the whole system was put together. (piping location/ size/ length)

Your biggest set-back right now sounds like the I/C. The enforcer turbo's like to make heat and the Indy (S60) intercooler is Not a good choise for anything but a stockish application upgrade. Now if it's moved up front in direct air stream then it's going to work a lot better than the stock location, but still a limiting factor.

Meth could be your best BFTB upgrade to make the whole system work at higher boost levels.

BTW I can't see the pic, so if it's of the engine compartment it's not helping. Is this a stock layout? I/C in stock location beside rad?

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Hybrid booster

Weird i cant see the pic either i copied and pasted couldnt find any other way to post the pic?

The cooler is in the stock location so the intercooler is not that great i take it, that will be one of my first upgrades intercoolers are very important i swaped the srt cooler on my r/t for a big cheap cooler off ebay and went from running ok at 22psi to rolling 3rd gear burnouts and +40s maxed out and very lean anything above 20psi.

How do i figure out what turbo i have? Iam hopeing its the smaller version keep spoolup fast for auto x

Have any autocross suspension upgrade susgestions iam a natural driver and not afraid to push the car to its limits not to be conceited but iam by far the best driver at our autocross and the only thing holding me back is my vehical and i think this csx is going to help me get there with some slicks and other suspension tricks

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Cindy has a group buy going on Konis and Rich Bryant carries the BC coilovers. The BC units get as fancy as you want so that's a great idea if you're serious.

Hybrid booster

What will the coil overs get me? Iam not a suspension guy and iam not after that last 1/10th of a second what will they gain me over say a well setup factory style suspension? As always in TD fasion everything is done cheaply as possible iam not building junk either as ive been down that road for many years everything from now on is getting done right.

Hybrid booster

My buddy says its a .63 ar will this be laggy?

I've seen the Enforcer 2's with 40 trim and 46 trim compressor wheels for sure, I took one apart that had a 50 trim, but can't say for sure it was an Enforcer let alone Enforcer 2.

I think any Enforcer 2 turbo's I've taken apart were stage 2 turbine wheels, either in .48 A/R or .63 A/R housings. The 50 trim was a stage 3 turbine wheel in .48 A/R housing. (maybe that's Enforcer 3?)

Also, I've seen these turbo's with the stock compressor cover just machined for the larger wheel and that's it. I've also seen them with the compressor cover machined for the larger wheel and nicely ported open for more flow (prefered)

So there are a # of variables that will determine spool/ power/ efficiency, but the simple fact that you know it's a much larger compressor wheel in a much smaller housing tells you that the #1 problem is going to be the extra heat it's going to make in boost, so the I/C will make or break what you want to do with it.

I can't tell you how laggy the .63 A/R will be on there without knowing a lot more about the build, it Shouldn't be to bad.

How soon till you take it for a spin? Ever been in the car when your buddy owned it?

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 440dart View Post
    What will the coil overs get me? Iam not a suspension guy and iam not after that last 1/10th of a second what will they gain me over say a well setup factory style suspension? As always in TD fasion everything is done cheaply as possible iam not building junk either as ive been down that road for many years everything from now on is getting done right.
    You can easily adjust the ride height and the BC units adjust the rebound and compression vs. the koni units which just adjust for rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I've seen the Enforcer 2's with 40 trim and 46 trim compressor wheels for sure, I took one apart that had a 50 trim, but can't say for sure it was an Enforcer let alone Enforcer 2.

I think any Enforcer 2 turbo's I've taken apart were stage 2 turbine wheels, either in .48 A/R or .63 A/R housings. The 50 trim was a stage 3 turbine wheel in .48 A/R housing. (maybe that's Enforcer 3?)

Also, I've seen these turbo's with the stock compressor cover just machined for the larger wheel and that's it. I've also seen them with the compressor cover machined for the larger wheel and nicely ported open for more flow (prefered)

So there are a # of variables that will determine spool/ power/ efficiency, but the simple fact that you know it's a much larger compressor wheel in a much smaller housing tells you that the #1 problem is going to be the extra heat it's going to make in boost, so the I/C will make or break what you want to do with it.

I can't tell you how laggy the .63 A/R will be on there without knowing a lot more about the build, it Shouldn't be to bad.

How soon till you take it for a spin? Ever been in the car when your buddy owned it?
    I know the E2 and E3 turbos are all over the map as far as what they are actually composed of. My full hybrid 50 trim T04E compressor side with stg. II turbine wheel and .63 housing spooled much faster than my half assed hybrid did. IIRC it was at least 400RPM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

My .63 50 trim spooled between 3k and 3500 on a stock 2.5, 2.2 might be 3500 to spool.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

turbo addict

Laggy is a subjective term, just like spooled, full spool and max boost. What boost level do you want available at what rpm?

Hybrid booster

I only rode in it when it had a stock TII engine from a daytona as he blew the other engine up from being to lean. I still owe him 1500 iam sure i could take the car just want to get it payed off first he says it need the new fuel pump put in and fluids and should be ready to go.