Thread: SDAC-23… Top Van!!!

Threaded View

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

SDAC-23… Top Van!!!

We have had some fun competition in recent years with folks competing for our Top Gun award and decided to expand on that!
    This year will be the trial year to see if it catches on. Here is the thought… What if we were to use our Top Gun rules, and select a specific body style to see which entry prevailed overall in Car Show, Drag Race, Auto X and Rally. As with Top Gun, we will require participation in a minimum of 3 of the 4 events and offer a bonus to any that compete in all 4.

With so many different body styles to choose from it is somewhat difficult to select one to start with. Thinking outside the box, we decided to go with the actual “box”, our Minivans! Over the years, we have had a few Minivans participate in our events, but at most 2 or 3 in one year.
    Although you may not expect it, we have had Minivans in the running for our Top Gun award, so they are definitely no slouches with the competition. At the track they are a spectator favorite for sure. I think we can all agree that it would be great to see a healthy van turnout at SDAC-23.

Of course, when we think Shelby Dodges and Minivans, we are primarily thinking of the 1989-1990 factory turbocharged Minivans, however are definitely open to other Mopar Minivans. For example, a Turbo-II converted 1987 MiniRamVan, a Turbo-III stuffed in a 1991 Caravan or even an SRT-4 swapped 1997 Voyager, that’s fine. If you have another Chrysler Minivan that you would like to participate and are unsure if it would meet the intent of the class, it probably will, so please contact JT directly to confirm.

Modifications are allowed and encouraged to make the competition more fun. If you have a huge turbo, a 16V conversion, AWD swap, etc. bring it. Remember, to participate in the Fun Run Rally, all vehicles must be registered, licensed and insured.

So here’s the deal, for this to happen, we need a MINIMUM of 5 Minivans Pre-Registered for SDAC-23. In addition to SDAC-23 event registration, we also need entrance into the Drag Racing and/or AutoX. Remember, to be eligible, a vehicle must compete in 3 of the 4 events, and a bonus for participating in all 4. If we get enough pre-registered to make this happen, we will also add a “Minivan” class to our car show.
    And the added bonus, all Top Van participants will also be eligible for Top Gun as well, so you could win it all!

UPDATE:

For Minivans that plan to Auto-X:

-Van MUST have improved suspension and, preferably lowered
    -Stock height, stock suspension vans might not be allowed to run

Anyone have concern if their van meets the requirements PLEASE contact me directly with list of handling mods and picture(s) of hw it sits and I'll check with our safety stewards.

Good news is that TOP VAN only required 3/4 events, but there is a bonus for participating in all 4
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 05-10-2013 at 10:20 PM.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.