Thread: 1986 GLHS For Sale

Hybrid booster

1986 glhs

Date: 27th April 2013
    Username: Chad T
    Full Name:Chad Tobin
    City, State, Zip:Columbus OH 43214
    Selling or Wanted Price: $13,000 obo

Description: Time to pass on my Shelby GLHS #088 to the next lucky owner. 56k original miles. All Shelby items present. Numbers matching engine. Also have numbers matching trans in perfect working order but was replaced last year with a Ramdell 555/525 Hybrid with Phantom Grip, Moly end plate and Mopar Performace trans girdle. Shift linkage has been converted to metal quick disconnect sockets and works well.

Other modifications include, ARP head studs with MP 005 HG, TU 3 inch swingvalve, downpipe and exhaust with magnaflow cat and muffler. TU/Paul Veleky 3 bar map and calibration, DSM 415 cc injectors, '88 tbi roller cam, Walbro 255 hp fuel pump, Acufab adjustible FPR, S60/indy intercooler, Hallman MBC with c0ckpit control cable. Currently set at a conservative 17 psi with low 11 Air fuel ratios. Car is very fast. Pillar pod with Isapro boost gauge and aem wideband a/f gauge.

Car had sat a long time when I got it so I replaced the fuel tank, pump, fuel hoses, front brake calipers and hoses. Also eliminated the 2 pc driveshaft and replaced it with a one piece. Valve cover has polished lettering and fins and was powdercoated silver then clear.

Previous owner had the car painted and front seats recovered. He was with the original owner when the car was purchased. Original owner also kept a thick binder with all the sales documents and window sticker. Original Shelby club mags, every article on the car he could find, sales brochures etc.

A/C Components were removed but they are available. Evap core is in the car and capped off. Foglights are inop.

Last edited by Chad T; 04-27-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Hybrid booster

Re: 1986 GLHS For Sale

That thing is NICE!

Hybrid booster

Very nice car!! Good luck with sale!

turbo addict

Chad,
    Sorry to see your selling ole #88. Very, very nice car! Only a small handful of GLHS's left in this condition, guys. You did an amazing job with your pride and joy! Can't be very many TM with Isapro boost gauges in them. I thought I was the only one (haha). What happened to your killer SSR wheels? Fresh bump for a black beauty.
    GLWS my friend,
    Todd

Hybrid booster

Originally Posted by BoostedDrummer
    That thing is NICE!

Originally Posted by 85glht
    Very nice car!! Good luck with sale!

Thanks Guys!

Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies
    Chad,
    Sorry to see your selling ole #88. Very, very nice car! Only a small handful of GLHS's left in this condition, guys. You did an amazing job with your pride and joy! Can't be very many TM with Isapro boost gauges in them. I thought I was the only one (haha). What happened to your killer SSR wheels? Fresh bump for a black beauty.
    GLWS my friend,
    Todd

Hey Todd!

Thanks for the kind words. So you've got an Isapro gauge too? That's interesting. I looked and looked and looked to find something that closely matched the stock gauges. I put 2 of the green socks over the bulb too and it matches the stock lighting perfectly.

I still have the SSR wheels and they can go with the car if the buyer wants them. Just add about $600 to the best offer. If not I will sell them after the car sells.

Will probabaly throw her up on ebay in a week or 2. Just wanted get one last post in on here. I don't post a lot but I use this site constantly. I usually don't have to post to find what I need. So much knowledge about these cars on here. I thought I messed up my clutch install and then after searching on here solved that with a $15 cable. Couldn't get my new oil pressure sender to work then found out I just had to pinch the connector etc. etc.

I need to make room though as I've decided to try another Eighties turbo 4 cyl car I've always wanted. I'm going to paint the wheels soon. RWD + turbo is a blast .

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Beautiful car. Having restored my 86 GLHS to similar condition over the last several years and knowing what I spent to do so, I think your price is spot on. Good luck with sale!
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

Hybrid booster

One SWWWWEEEETTTT Shelby.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I would love this car, but don't have room for two.
    So who wants to but my convertible?

Hybrid booster

Just re-listed on ebay. Got bid up to $8000 on the first round. Buy it now for $8750. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...orcev4exp=true

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chad T View Post
    Just re-listed on ebay. Got bid up to $8000 on the first round. Buy it now for $8750. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...orcev4exp=true
    I like that price. Someone who has wanted one should jump on it.

boostaholic

Cheaper than restoring one to anywhere near the condition of this one.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
    Cheaper than restoring one to anywhere near the condition of this one.
    Very true. Having completely restored my 86 GLHS, I know that I have more than $8750 in mine.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

boostaholic

I have three in mine and about to start rebuilding the engine at about 2k and then paint at 3.5k

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Very true. Having completely restored my 86 GLHS, I know that I have more than $8750 in mine.

Hybrid booster

SOLD! Thanks fer looking fellas.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Congratulations, good for you Chad.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

Congrats Chad! I too just sold one of my GLHT's. Wasn't actively for sale, but money talks right?
    Keep in touch Chad,
    Todd

Hybrid booster

Good luck with the 944.
    I'm an avid Turbo Mopar FAN & driver but,
    during the day, I'm a VW/Audi/Porsche tech.
    The 944 is a vehicle much like our TMs in that, there's A TON of "shop secret" upgrades to squeeze HP out of it.
    Of course there is one BIG difference, THE MONEY(lol)
    But, if you've got the means, you can quite easily make the 944 one of(if not THE) baddest cars on the road.

Side note: If you ever take the cylinder head off, you'll be FLOORED by the size of the pistons in this block!
    It still nearly "stuns" me every time!
    Best wishes my friend.