Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MB Mesh X anyone have these?

turbo addict

MB Mesh X anyone have these?

i just bought a set of these but have not got tires yet,
    i am excited to see how there gonna look on my Silver SC
    but also whats the biggest tire you guys have fit on an L body on a 16x7 inch wheel

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Re: MB Mesh X anyone have these?

Those look almost exactly like the ASA Revolutions on my Lebaron Nice wheel.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

turbo addict

Good thread on tire sizes for 16" rim
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...oes&highlight=

turbo addict

Looks nice, but bet it's made in China... Do you have rear disk? 215 or 225 at the widest I would go. 40 or 45 series tire. 50 series 16" will be too tall on a l-body. Those caps gonna fit over the CV axle shaft/nut up front? What is the hub bore? What do they weigh?
    Todd

turbo addict

had the front on today with no tire didnt pop the cap off, center bore is 2.8 something they also came with hub rings
    weight is not listed anywhere
    but the packages where 44 lbs each and there where 2 wheels in each package
    so roughly weigh the same as the pizzas but are an inch wider

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Those look almost exactly like the ASA Revolutions on my Lebaron Nice wheel.
    was trying to find better pictures of your car found one, those look real good on there
    i did a test fit today to check for any rubbing

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0431.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	44653
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I think those will look great on your charger.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

I think they will look good too. I went with 215/40 on my 16" rims.
    Last edited by GLHS069; 05-13-2013 at 04:00 PM.

turbo addict

Thanks guys I hope they do to
    I just want the widest tires I can get
    The 2 Im between so far are 205 45 or 215 40

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

If you're willing to lower the car i would go 215/40. Since the car doesnt look lowered you could go with a taller tire but my preference is always to pick the most attractive-looking tire size for the wheel and lower the car to suit that. Sometimes that adds up to a lot of work. If you dont plan to lower it, try 215/45.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

think 215 45 will not rub?
    never really looked into lowering it i am not against that at all
    but for an L body what is a good route?
    i believe the car has mopar performance lowering springs on it already not 100% sure though

Do you have a picture of your car on the ground? Im just making an educated guess based on what it looks like your ride height is, that a 215/45/16 would not rub. It's about .5" taller than a 205/50/15. Not sure what your front tire size is currently, looks like it's around that.

turbo addict

only current picture i have of it but the front is 205 50 15 cant remember what the rears are but they are to tall

boostaholic

I was looking at these mesh wheels:
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...667867776.html

Look soooo nice, but that 20 offset wouldn't be enough. All the 8" wheels seem to be 20mm or even less! Look like 7" wheels are the only way to go to get a realistic offset. I might get a set of 7's like yours soon.
    MinivanRider

turbo addict

What offset would you prefer? It would probably come too close to the strut at 40.

I have 17x8+35 on my dynasty and it literally could not go more than few MM in or out without hitting something. I had to roll all 4 fender lips. I put them on my spirit and they stuck out of the front fender about an inch so it is dependent on body style whether it is even POSSIBLE to run an 8" wheel.

But if you were trying to run an 8" wheel you would want a +35-37mm offset because that gets you really close to the strut. Or, a +40 and use spacers to tune it in. But im not sure you can run 8" wheels at all on an l-body with GFX without having to cut them. And you definitely cant run an 8" wheel and lower it all that much because the tire will run into the fender. I had to cut on the front fenders of my Aries to run a 7.5" wheel.

I think a 7" wheel with a 215/45/16 is just about a perfect setup for a non-lowered or minorly lowered l-body.

boostaholic

I would want 35mm. You could run spacers or 195mm-205mm tires to get a little more clearance.

Here are the ccw reps in 15x8 and 16x8.. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...727303453.html

Not bad $350 to 450 a set. I called and they stock 5x100 also but offsets are 20 to 0. Anyway until they do some decent offsets they are not a good option. MB mesh look more understated than ccw or rs reps, I really like the MB mesh too. Less flashy, but more classy. How much did they run you?
    MinivanRider

Well, those offsets arent really worse for us than they are for the rest of the FWD world, but less of us are willing to run hellaflush camber and stretched tires to be able to run them without physically caving in the fenders on a bump. Honestly, i think 195s start to look bad on a 6.5" wheel and get worse from there. 205s are about perfect on a 6.5, and 215s are about perfect on a 7. But my idea of perfect does not involve 'stretch'.

turbo addict

I am going to attempt a 15x8 +20 with 225/45 tires on an L body. Compared to my 16x6 +40 wheel with 205/50 it will be closer to the strut by .2 inches and extend further outward 1.8 inches. The tire is 1" shorter with the 225/45-15 compared to 205/50-16. If it works, great. If not, I will see if they will fit on my neon haha.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rrider View Post
    I would want 35mm. You could run spacers or 195mm-205mm tires to get a little more clearance.

Here are the ccw reps in 15x8 and 16x8.. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...727303453.html

Not bad $350 to 450 a set. I called and they stock 5x100 also but offsets are 20 to 0. Anyway until they do some decent offsets they are not a good option. MB mesh look more understated than ccw or rs reps, I really like the MB mesh too. Less flashy, but more classy. How much did they run you?
    last month discount tire direct had save $50 on any online wheel purchase
    so it was $326 shipped to my door
    i had a buddy who works at discount look it up and that is discount tires cost on them to,
    so you can go to any of them and just have them price match that

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    I have 17x8+35 on my dynasty and it literally could not go more than few MM in or out without hitting something. I had to roll all 4 fender lips. I put them on my spirit and they stuck out of the front fender about an inch so it is dependent on body style whether it is even POSSIBLE to run an 8" wheel.

But if you were trying to run an 8" wheel you would want a +35-37mm offset because that gets you really close to the strut. Or, a +40 and use spacers to tune it in. But im not sure you can run 8" wheels at all on an l-body with GFX without having to cut them. And you definitely cant run an 8" wheel and lower it all that much because the tire will run into the fender. I had to cut on the front fenders of my Aries to run a 7.5" wheel.

I think a 7" wheel with a 215/45/16 is just about a perfect setup for a non-lowered or minorly lowered l-body.
    im gonna get one tire and try it out but that is what way im going to go 215/45

now what tire do you reccomend? im between being cheap with nitto neogens or going to like a bfg kdw or Nitto NT01 or Nt05R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast