Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eastern Catalytic Converter Failure

turbo addict

Re: Eastern Catalytic Converter Failure

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    At least you get something for them. MD you might as well toss them in the trash.
    That's one thing I like about you. Your a glass half full not half empty kind of guy!
    Todd

I have taken cats to the recyclers before. I live in MD. Now they did have to add all my info to their system off my license, photocopy my lic, and wrote me a check. I guess that's covering their butt in case it's stolen, but really no way they could tell, cats don't have the VIN stamped on them.

I would bet like everyone is saying the cats just can't handle a turbo car, the egt, and like said compare one to a stock cat, even just the size, factory cats are sometimes physically twice as big.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    I have taken cats to the recyclers before. I live in MD. Now they did have to add all my info to their system off my license, photocopy my lic, and wrote me a check. I guess that's covering their butt in case it's stolen, but really no way they could tell, cats don't have the VIN stamped on them.

I would bet like everyone is saying the cats just can't handle a turbo car, the egt, and like said compare one to a stock cat, even just the size, factory cats are sometimes physically twice as big.
    Its more like they are keeping tabs to see if you bring a quite a few catalytic converters....Just like you can't keep returning sinks to Home Depot every week.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Garrett booster

Excellent Thread & Discussion (as is the 'norm' on T-M ).

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    The OEM vehicle manufacturers are required by federal law to warranty their cats for 8 years or 80,000 miles

As of 2010 to present, THX to honda whom submitted EPA emissions test vehicles to the North american car market for EPA certification,
    THEN 'cheapened' the actual build --- read got caught--- That is another story...

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.
    and you see the cost difference when you buy an original cat from the dealer. If you're only spending $37 you should feel lucky that it lasts a year never mind 2 1/2.
    ^^^
    Spoken for truth Sir!!
    edit...with Your humble indulgence Sir,
    I would put an Eastern Cat on any of My Customers vehicles if need be.

??? someone is complaining about cheap repairs on an "K based Board" ???
    If ye love wealth better than Liberty, The tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of Freedom, go from Us in peace, We ask not your counsel or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget you were Our countrymen. -Samuel Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Its more like they are keeping tabs to see if you bring a quite a few catalytic converters....Just like you can't keep returning sinks to Home Depot every week.
    Right right, stuff like that also, a dealership I used to work at got jacked for 2 cats, kinda funny they just had a flange on each end and just some nuts holding those gigantic things on, diesel rams. Cops checked the local recycler and nothing, they even take pics and add all that stuff on file if it looks fishy, like 2 gigantic brand new diesel ram cats. Dealer cost was only 3k a piece, the sales manager was not happy lol. Dude just rolled underneath, no need to jack up, and probably had them off in a minute with a ratchet wrench or battery impact. The only reason they found it was cause a sales guy went to move the truck for a customer to drive. It came into service with a repair order that said "exhaust is loud" lol. Then they looked around and found a 2nd truck.

Mitsu booster

Haha that's some funny stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123