Thread: Koni news!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Koni news!

Great news! Koni is going to make another run of our L-body coilovers and are also making a run of the rear non-l body shocks! We will be offering not only the lbody coilovers but also a coilover fronts for the other cars along with koni rears and lowering rear springs. Production is expected to take approx. 20 weeks so look for them at the end of the summer! we will be offering a discount on pre-ordered kits!
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

Re: Koni news!

how much you think p-body rear shocks will cost? When these come out I may go for 3 pairs

koni g/p/k/a/j body rears will be around $299 a pair, the rear lowering springs will be about $150 pair, the koni inserts, sleeves/hats/perches and coilover springs in the front will be in the $600 range. We will be trying to be in the $1000-1100 range for a full kit. I will have better pricing for a kit in the next few weeks. The l-body coilover kits are $1499 but we will be offering a pre-order price in the $1250 range.... Save $250!
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That is good news Cindy. I think there is more demand for these than what Koni was seeing when they discontinued them originally. Hopefully they can get it together before their market share is cut down due to all the workarounds going on right now. It sure would be nice to have the bolt in kits again.

so new a pair is less than having an original pair rebuilt you are saying g/p/k/j body rears?

Mitsu booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Ill take a complete set of coil overs for p body. was going to send of koni sturts to rebuild just may sell them if this is a sure thing.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

I'm in for both L body and P body.

Mitsu booster

Just so I understand correctly. The L-body coil-overs are Koni, but the coil-overs being offered for other body styles will not be Koni? Thanks in advance for clarification.

No, both body styles with be Konis and the springs on both kits are eibach.... just that the non-lbody will likely be inserts for the front. I do believe you could also use the L-body front set-up, you would have to grind off about 2-4 millimeters off the knuckle to get them to fit and then use a different strut bearing and a shorter 7" spring instead oft he 8" spring the l-body uses. Plus we are also working on a replacement koni strut as well that will not be a coilover but use the factory style spring.
    Last edited by glhs727; 04-12-2013 at 05:17 PM.

That's great news , also got my parts in this week thanks again