Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Re: FWD performance

Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I know that but my post stands, we see these like every week. Don't email, stop playing games, texting, use the phone for its original purpose and call someone, its becoming a lost art,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Let me add my two bits here....a few weeks ago I ordered a roller F1 cam from them, talked to Cindy herself. She check to make sure one was in stock and stated they would ship it out on the upcoming Thursday...I think I called her on Monday. On Thursday I saw that my debit card had been charged for it and on Friday it was at my front door!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    Let me add my two bits here....a few weeks ago I ordered a roller F1 cam from them, talked to Cindy herself. She check to make sure one was in stock and stated they would ship it out on the upcoming Thursday...I think I called her on Monday. On Thursday I saw that my debit card had been charged for it and on Friday it was at my front door!
    Interesting, I have a friend whose been waiting 4 months for an F4 cam...
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

He said F1.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Re: fwd t-lll short block

Threads merged per request.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

turbo addict

Getting close to 6 months now. I'm trying to be patient.

I too have had issues with FWDP, good luck getting a quick reply via phone call, and lord help ya if its a cal....directed a friend toward FWDP and wished I hadnt, but I usually got good service even though their were some rough waters once in awhile, heck he was giving me grief..sheesh. There are two places to go FWDP or TU...I will say tho Chris always calls me right back, and lately his shipping from shelf items has been much quicker than some other times I have ordered. Dont fret, in the end Cindy always makes it right, too bad it wasnt minus the pain inbetween. IMO I think shes doing TOO MUCH by herself.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I think, no, correction, I KNOW we have become very spoiled by what is really exceptional service from the larger institutions we interact with.

The bigger corporations have the resources (money and manpower) to really provide a level of service that many small, Mom and Pop type places simply cannot afford to. Things like automatically emailing you a tracking number, instant shipping quotes, same day shipping, and inventory control that is down to the last cotter pin...

Often, in an effort to rise to that level, the smaller places over-extend themselves and are not successful in this effort, and because we do generally take the "corporate" level of customer service for granted, we get irritated that we don't have a tracking number showing up on our phone 5min after we hang up!

Too bad too, because the reality is that folks like Cindy and Chris will both go far above and beyond in their efforts to take care of us. Heck, the corporate types don't care enough to even produce products for us... let alone hunt down that part or piece that you need and can't find anywhere.

In the end, I don't think anyone here thinks any of our vendors do anything with malice, and are actually trying very hard to service us in the best way they can, and as such I believe they deserve our patience. So we shouldn't try to think of them like Amazon, etc., they aren't, and in the long run I don't think we'd like it if they were!

Mike
    Last edited by zin; 04-16-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

I know its off topic but large corporations are going the way of the dodo bird, I needed some parts for my Flymo, Techumseh engine, and the shop worker shocked me, Tecumseh went bankrupt.

Hybrid booster

Tecumseh stopped making engines in 2008. I think my Snow King is from the last year. The engine operation was sold off to another company, but from what I understand parts are still available.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Coming soon to a Harbor Freight near you.... Techumseh branded engines (of off shore origin or course!).

Seems like some shrewd Chinese are buying up venerable, older brand names, trading on (and in some cases degrading) their reputations.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

FWD Perf billet cams are Canadian. Simon, get on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by chilort View Post
    FWD Perf billet cams are Canadian. Simon, get on it!!
    Cool, I tried to do them years ago but no one was interested plus the money to make them up front was something I didn't have and wasn't willing to borrow on. I make cams, but anything Cindy doesn't make and my own grinds.

Good on Cindy for doing this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123