Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a supplier for pre-bent SS brake lines.

Hybrid booster

Found a supplier for pre-bent SS brake lines.

I emailed someone yesterday about finding pre-bent brake lines for my 88 csx-t and they got back to me with great news.

AVOID USING THEIR STUPID CAR SEARCH TOOL AND JUST TYPE IN THESE PART NUMBERS

The front section is # EKT8801 it is a 4 pc set, the front to rear section is # EIN8801 it is a 2 pc set and the rear axle lines are # ERA8801 its 2 pc set. Those are for the original material lines if you want them in stainless just add an "S" to the end of those part numbers.

http://www.getdiscbrakes.com/

If you want to look around their Catalog vvvvv
    http://www.getdiscbrakes.com/drop/Ca...Misc-Mopar.pdf

Everything cost $210.00 for all Stainless brake lines
    Shipping to me was $20.00

They also sell Fuel lines (vent, supply, return)

turbo addict

Re: Found a supplier for pre-bent SS brake lines.

Awesome, Pics please when you get them. I need lines for my shadow and I dreaded bending them up on my own.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Hybrid booster

My dad bought some SS lines for his 1966 Fury III and he said they were awesome and easy to install. Thats why I figured to give them a shot and sure enough they had'em.

Garrett booster

Definitely need some pics!

Hybrid booster

ok, just got the lines today and I have to say they look sexy..... or at least as sexy as brake lines could possibly look.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jcronk23 View Post
    Definitely need some pics!
    Or you could just come over and look at them, I mean you're probably 25 min away. I'll be home all weekend messing with the car and riding 4 wheelers. And.... drinking/ BBQ , i know i know single life is soooooooo hard.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowv4l View Post
    ok, just got the lines today and I have to say they look sexy..... or at least as sexy as brake lines could possibly look.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Or you could just come over and look at them, I mean you're probably 25 min away. I'll be home all weekend messing with the car and riding 4 wheelers. And.... drinking/ BBQ , i know i know single life is soooooooo hard.
    What about pictures for the rest of us?
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

Hmmm wonder if they have ones for L bodies. Do they have the wire on the outside or are they just bare lines?
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowv4l View Post

I just might! And bring my kids with their sticky fingers to touch the ride ahh, the single life....I remember that....

turbo addict

IIRC the do have the rock guard on them, just like OEM.

Hybrid booster

Here are some pics

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

they were extremely easy to install , no major issues to report. The hardest part was dropping the gas tank down a bit to fish the right rear brake line over the tank.

turbo addict

I now have brakeline envy!!

Hybrid booster

I have to say it felt great to cut out all those rusty scary lines. I also thought it would be fitting to add in the braided lines instead of using rubbers.

Garrett booster

Oooooh that is sweet and they did come with the stone gaurds on them, really nice!!! Also, I like you went with the braided lines as well. I am sold and am gonna drop some coin.

So, I was looking at their catalog...it's weird they list a different kit for the 89 vs 88 Daytoilet (pn's EIN8801 vs EIN8901) for the front to rears.. I can't recall what the difference is between those 2 years and my curiosity is killing me!

turbo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jcronk23 View Post
    Oooooh that is sweet and they did come with the stone gaurds on them, really nice!!! Also, I like you went with the braided lines as well. I am sold and am gonna drop some coin.

So, I was looking at their catalog...it's weird they list a different kit for the 89 vs 88 Daytoilet (pn's EIN8801 vs EIN8901) for the front to rears.. I can't recall what the difference is between those 2 years and my curiosity is killing me!
    Probably different routing around the brake cables in the rear. Didn't 88 have the parking brake in the caliper and 89 in the rotor?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Probably different routing around the brake cables in the rear. Didn't 88 have the parking brake in the caliper and 89 in the rotor?
    Correct.

turbo addict

Easy there with the Daytona comments there! Some of us might start crying!!! :"( Mines not a toilet!! At least I don't know of any mice that have pooped in it! LOL

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Easy there with the Daytona comments there! Some of us might start crying!!! :"( Mines not a toilet!! At least I don't know of any mice that have pooped in it! LOL
    LOL. I wish I could even take credit for coining it, alas I can not. However once you say it, you can't stop... it's kind of like a crappy Justin Bieber song that gets stuck in you head and won't go away :-( Go ahead, say it out loud.... I dare you....

turbo addict

I don't listen to Justin Bieber, so his songs don't get stuck in my head! There is another knickname that has been given to the hapless G-body, but it is politically incorrect enough that I don't think I should post it here.

Hybrid booster

yeah....Bieber is a rich little ---- who sings likewise. Selena Gomez is so much better off without him!

but seriously, it would be nice if they made lines for a K wagon as well. i bet the lines are close in all the critical dimensions/forms, but there is the 3" longer wheelbase to consider

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by shmedley View Post
    Hmmm wonder if they have ones for L bodies. Do they have the wire on the outside or are they just bare lines?
    Omnipotent has them for the rears and I just had some made for the front through Classic Tube out of New York. They might still have the template in their system or you can send in your old ones and they'll match them. It was around $80 for the front set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast