Thread: Flywheel bolts 8 bolt crank Stock vs ARP

turbo addict

Flywheel bolts 8 bolt crank Stock vs ARP

So putting the flywheel on the 2.4 for the van, I discovered a couple of the bolts have heads rounded off. I found the factory part number 6501197, partsvoice shows them in stock at a few dealers. Some of the "mopar parts" (the ones that just list all the part numbers with prices even if it's a NS1 part) sites list the prices as being 5-7 dollars a piece, but I haven't checked actual price. In my experience those sites list a cheaper price than my local dealer on stuff.

FWD lists the ARP bolts as 38 bucks for the set. That makes the price about equal. I've heard about issues with the ARP bolts clearing the disc, but don't know anybodies first hand experience. I'm running one of Chris's lightened flywheels and a purple plate four puck.

Should I just order some stockers or spring for the ARP's since they are either cheaper, equal, or maybe a couple bucks more expensive; depending on actual cost at the dealer.

turbo addict

Re: Flywheel bolts 8 bolt crank Stock vs ARP

Quote Originally Posted by mopardad1 View Post
    FYI

6 bolt auto 6500311 NS1
    6 bolt mtm 6500553 NS1

8 bolt auto 6501197 > 6503464 available
    8 bolt mtm 6501193 > 6503465 available
    The 6503464 is the one I'm looking for, but local dealer has them as 6 bucks a pop, that's 48 vs 38+shipping on the ARPs.

Hybrid booster

You got a speed shop around? Some will order in parts with free shipping. You may be able to get the ARP's for the price you see listed on some websites.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

The arp we sell have a 12 point, rather flat top and will have no issues with the disc, we use them all the time on 2.4's (and 2.2/2.5) . We also sell the mopar fw bolts for less, I think they are about $32 a set...
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict

I'm using one of Cindy's lw steel flywheels, purple plate, and arps. Idle time only but so far so good.

turbo addict

I run the TU racing lightweight flywheel, purple plate, sprung 6-puck ceramic clutch with the ARP bolts. No issues.

I DID have an issue with the ARP's on the Findanza flywheel. Because the flange HAS to be thicker for the aluminum flywheel, the ARP's were a little too tall and would hit the springs in the hub of the disc. Because I didn't want to grind on the ARP's, I put the stockers back in it. I don't know if that issue was just a fluke, or if others have had it as well.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    I run the TU racing lightweight flywheel, purple plate, sprung 6-puck ceramic clutch with the ARP bolts. No issues.

I DID have an issue with the ARP's on the Findanza flywheel. Because the flange HAS to be thicker for the aluminum flywheel, the ARP's were a little too tall and would hit the springs in the hub of the disc. Because I didn't want to grind on the ARP's, I put the stockers back in it. I don't know if that issue was just a fluke, or if others have had it as well.
    I was reading that eariler. What was the ARP pressure plate bolts you were using? Were they Ford application also?

turbo addict

I'm not sure if they were Ford application as well, but I got them from FWD Performance.