View Poll Results: How do you like your LM?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super please!

11 91.67%
  • Just flashable would work for me.

0 0%
  • I like swapping chips...

1 8.33%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flashable LM or Super LM?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Flashable LM or Super LM?

hey rob - any update on this?
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

No, still need to work out the I/O before I commit a board to prototype. I want to make sure the code is compatible with the I/O I laid out on the board. I'd hate to build boards and then have to change it due to some code reason.

EDIT:

I spent my spare time the past week and weekend converting my car to SBEC. I should be able to run both the SBEC and SBECII in it.

The reason that's important is this: I'm thinking that after I get the SuperLM running, I want to make 3D code for all of the 6811 ECU's (SuperLM, SMEC, SBEC) based on the '92 SBECII code. There will obviously have to be some differences for each, but the majority of the code can be the same. With that, I'd like to make a single set of templates to use for each ECU type.

The first step in all that needs to be getting the launch control working on the SBEC and SBECII cals. I'll work on the SuperLM code simultaneously in between. I'm actually looking at it right now...
    Last edited by ShelGame; 07-01-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

a single code base (at least for the main ram locations) would be great. especially for the mpscan (and mpscandroid) stuff. having "locked in" ram locations would allow gauges to be added by type, i.e. speedo, tach, boost gauge, etc that would have virtually all the settings done. all users would have to do is tweak them for colors, etc. good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    a single code base (at least for the main ram locations) would be great. especially for the mpscan (and mpscandroid) stuff. having "locked in" ram locations would allow gauges to be added by type, i.e. speedo, tach, boost gauge, etc that would have virtually all the settings done. all users would have to do is tweak them for colors, etc. good luck!!!
    Also, with a small modification to my SMEC Flash module, they could all be tuneable on-the-fly. Using a (nearly) single codebase would make that easier to manage, too.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I really like where this is going!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Hrmm... The IO on the SMEC is a PITA. Converting it to be used with the LM's IO chip is getting to be really difficult. I wonder if I can just use the SMEC's IO chips on the SuperLM board instead...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

rob - any update on this? i pulled the engine out of the SC last weekend and want to put a smec harness back in but will leave it if you think the superLM is going to happen in the next several months.

Not looking likely. I haven't really had any time for R&D all summer. I'll probably be able to really get back to it this fall. But, at this point, it's probably next spring before it will be ready.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

wow this is just cool! I hope you can get it all working. which I'm sure you can but it sounds like you need that all so valuable TIME. glad I found this, I was going to convert my 85 glh-turbo with a turbo van harness, and still gonna collect parts to do so but will definitely go this route for my t2 conversion if I don't get all the parts collected before your done with this, which I'm sure you'll finish first. so put me down for one.

Yeah, it's on the back burner right now, but it's still on. The board is pretty much done, still just need more time to sort out the software for it...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

Thank you for taking the time to help make things easier for a small community of people with a limited aftermarket supply. Wish I had the smarts to make something cool and useful for these cars. Well looking forward to the finished product and again, thank you

boostaholic

+1 for the development of the Super LM. People at car events flip when I tell them my GLHS runs the stock ECU with custom code. Everyone else in the world has some hacked together wiring with some sort of piggy-back!

Quote Originally Posted by jckrieger View Post
    +1 for the development of the Super LM. People at car events flip when I tell them my GLHS runs the stock ECU with custom code. Everyone else in the world has some hacked together wiring with some sort of piggy-back!
    It's still on my agenda. Just need more time for the software development...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

+1MM!! sure be alot sweeter than having to switch my SC over to a smec harness as i'm currently planning. luckily i'm so slow at getting things done you will have SuperLM ver 2.0 out.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i want superLM and a tunable 604 controller.

so what regular home/work duties can i take over from afar so you have time to work on this

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    i want superLM and a tunable 604 controller.

so what regular home/work duties can i take over from afar so you have time to work on this

Brian
    Wanna write some code? The IO from the SMEC needs to be remapped to the SuperLM board.

On the other hand. Maybe its easier to redesign the SuperLM board to use the same IO chips as the SMEC with the same IO mapping. I'll have to look into that. Not sure its really possible.

In the meantime, if you want to run thru my prototype SuperLM code and see if you can figure out how to re- map the IO, that would be a huge help.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Wanna write some code? The IO from the SMEC needs to be remapped to the SuperLM board.

On the other hand. Maybe its easier to redesign the SuperLM board to use the same IO chips as the SMEC with the same IO mapping. I'll have to look into that. Not sure its really possible.

In the meantime, if you want to run thru my prototype SuperLM code and see if you can figure out how to re- map the IO, that would be a huge help.
    Wouldn't it be easier just to use the smec logic board in place of the lm and make a lm to 60 way adapter harness?
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier just to use the smec logic board in place of the lm and make a lm to 60 way adapter harness?
    Nope. The LM drives the high-current injector drivers (in the PM) with 5v. The SMEC drives them to ground. Can't use a SMEC logic board to run an LM power board. Might as well re-wire the car for SMEC.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i super suck at code lol. otherwise id be doing alot more of the hacking help

thats why i made my request even though its a silly one :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. The LM drives the high-current injector drivers (in the PM) with 5v. The SMEC drives them to ground. Can't use a SMEC logic board to run an LM power board. Might as well re-wire the car for SMEC.
    are they logic level signals?

could a inverter chip be used to translate?

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

I hate to drag up an old thread but how did this end , where does the story go after post 99??

I'm really glad I started skipping posts after 30 or 40 and went to the end .. but ???

the harness in my low mileage charger works and it's more mint than anything I saw even 20 years ago so swapping it out might be a stupid move
    an optimized LM/PM arrangement is sounding better than the effort to convert to smec ,, if it exists (?)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast