Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: csx516 rt

Mitsu booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: csx516 rt

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    I like the car!

Question: I know it's your car to do whatever with, but why are you taking apart a perfectly good R/T? Like I said, I understand it's up to you, just wondering. Either way, I know you'll have a blast!
    One real nice clean car. better than two projects.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Neat car. As far as I can tell there are hardly any TIII CSX cars out there. I know Pat has got modded TIII in his Shadow, probably 2-3 others...the only other TIII CSX I've heard of is the "prototype" down in Arizona or SoCal somewhere, and I've heard FWDP has an '88 CSX-T with the TIII swap for sale.

I've kicked around the idea of putting a TIII in my CSX, but it runs too good as is at the moment. I REALLY wish I could see the underhood of the TIII P-body swaps and see what you guys are doing as far as underhood wiring/electronics. I have my own ideas, but I'd love to see some other ones.
    I'll get some pics soon an post what we have done

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

[QUOTE=turbovanmanČ;991360]That will be a fun car. Personally, I would have swapped over the whole R/T K-member.[/QU

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanmanČ View Post
    That will be a fun car. Personally, I would have swapped over the whole R/T K-member.
    I was told to use 89-90 stamped arm K-frame assembly with the 91 R/T spindles and brakes. That way I'LL have dual pivot arms that are light years ahead of the stub strut design and not any extra caster in the car like the 91 K would give me. So for now im just using the spindles an look in to more

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by csx516 View Post
    I was told to use 89-90 stamped arm K-frame assembly with the 91 R/T spindles and brakes. That way I'LL have dual pivot arms that are light years ahead of the stub strut design and not any extra caster in the car like the 91 K would give me. So for now im just using the spindles an look in to more
    That will work just fine. If you end up getting camber plate from DJ, then you can adjust more caster into the system and not screw with the wheel placement. I think you'll really like the way the car handles.

You keeping the R/T around for another time? I know you are limiting your projects...I'm doing the same. Just wondering.

Valve cover is in an going to paint shop, ordered from FWD new lifters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valve cover shelby.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	497.5 KB 
ID:	44997  

got the new lifters from FWD looks like ill have some time to work on the car this weekend. hoping to hear more from member about the header on order. also doubleplay switch is in.

GOT A LITTLE MORE DONE still cleaning up wiring ,going to hide most of them, moving battery to trunk going to take black off the lettering an put some vent tubing on valve covers to a catch can.Rims going to chrome shop put some old 6.5x15 crabs on for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIII CSX MOTOR 1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	528.4 KB 
ID:	45278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIII CSX MOTOR 3.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	547.9 KB 
ID:	45279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIII CSX MOTOR 2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	537.4 KB 
ID:	45280  

turbo addict

It's coming along! Your spaghetti looks almost as bad as mine....ALMOST! LOL

Getting closer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12