Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Drag Week 2013

boostaholic

Re: Drag Week 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    On that second pass, it hooked well and pulled great to an 11.49 @ 118.4. being teched only to 11.50, I had to turn in the 11.72 slip.
    Unfortunately in the brackets, I lit the red bulb in the first round with a -.012.
    That's a total of .013 seconds of your life that you will never get back. Great job putting the Shadow together basically un-tested and not only making thru the event but kicking butt knocking down killer times and JT for jumping in MB's car which wasn't the plan for the trip and getting it into the 11's, I read a thread somewhere on Yellowbullet and the guy was bitching he lost to a blue ricer, I don't know who's car that was but I was thinking it was JT, and James? well he is my Hero.

You guys had too much fun, I'm going to try to make it next year.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Lmafo! I hope it was the talon that ruined his day. Haha!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Hybrid booster

Congratulations to all of you turbo mopar heads!
    I did my best to keep updated and watched as much of the live action as possible. It was great to see you guys out there and the fantastic job you all did.

Great Pics MB, Howz bout some more info on the Corvair,Opel, Sunbeam,and Saturn?

Gongrats to all for the great showing, wish I could have been there....

Way to rep the TM's, and *wow* what a lot of work a full week of racing is!!

All of you ARE a BIG DEAL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBRUDDA View Post
    Great Pics MB, Howz bout some more info on the Corvair,Opel, Sunbeam,and Saturn?
    The Corvair was sitting as the #1 qualifier for the daily driver class. It's LSx powered. The Saturn, which I also believe was LSx powered, never saw it again after day 1... so not sure what happened to it. The Opel... is this the orange car? That's an Australian Holden. They actually shipped it here for this event. Unfortunately it ran into a ton of problems, so it never made a clean pass. The car is certified to 6.0; and is Toyota Supra (2jz) powered usually running around 60psi. I think for the Sunbeam, you are referring to the Triumph. (dark blue convertible with a huge turbo?) That is actually a 400 pontiac engine! So he took the award for fastest pontiac! lol! (Since a very high percentage of the cars there were now LSx powered).

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by moparman76_69 View Post
    quickest 4 banger means a blurb in the mag also
    not for me, they didn't even recognize me

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hot diggity. Respect.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfedmopar View Post
    not for me, they didn't even recognize me
    I was watching and pulling for you! And all the TM's as I am sure the others here were also! I think the omnis get the most love because peeps know with a single glance its an underdog. Shadows spirits Daytonas etc, peeps see them and arent sure about the displacement.
    MinivanRider

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

It was a great job by all the T-M peeps enduring Drag Week! I know I enjoyed watching them run here in Indy and getting to spend a little time with them! (Not as much as we originally planned since they discovered that Drag Week is as much a marathon drag racing event for cars as it is a physical and mental drag on the drivers and crews as well!) I'm glad they got to stop by Fleck's Mopar Manor for a bit of relaxing before the second day of racing and the trip to fame and glory!

"I was there and saw that s#!+ !!!!"

It was awesome getting to see my buddy Pat and the killer Shadow for the first time in quite a while. He is another person I give credit to in getting me interested in getting a Turbo III car and my Spirit R/T. (it was back in aught six and I remember it it like it was yesterday...we were in Topeka, KS heading west....okay it was actually at SDAC-16 and the SRT Nationals)

James, the Omni looked good as always and did not disappoint. I mentioned about a year or two ago that you should run this event as I knew your car would do well. It did as well or better than I guessed! YOu rock and are my and many other's hero!

JT and MB: Bang up job in the back-up ride! It may not have been the original plan but you did us proud! You beat the beans out of an AWD DSM and it didn't spit out the trans or viscous couplings! That is talent! MB even palyed with my son in the morning before they left on his slide/playset! What a great sport!

You guys are all heros and "The Best" in my book!

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

Quote Originally Posted by glhs0426 View Post
    Who all is going to be in Memphis? We are trying to set you guys up some shade, water, fans, and possibly a lunch. I get home from work @ 5am, so, I'll be at the track when the gates open. If anyone needs it I can handle parts runs in Memphis and arrange overnight shipping to the next track if needed.
    I'm just starting to feel a bit more normal again and am realizing that I should thank all of the SDAC support we received...we had track support from many SDAC/TM members, offers for places to stay and trailers ready to pick us up if we ended up having to drop out. Jon Trotter and John Fleck had houses full of people crashing on couches (sorry my group didn't make it to either...but we appreciate the offers!), we saw Fleck at the track in Indy, Larry Buford at Gateway and John Roberts (glhs0426) at Memphis with a massive lunch spread for us. Memphis BBQ, drinks, ice for our trip...it was just awesome. Thanks to all of you guys for the support! You all helped make the trip as cool as it was. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fleckster View Post
    He is another person I give credit to in getting me interested in getting a Turbo III car and my Spirit R/T.
    Man...I'm sorry about that. LOL!

Great seeing you too!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I just have to congratulate you all for your personal achievements, in such a grueling event.

Also want to thank you for providing those of us that followed online with a great deal of fun for the week.

In the short conversation I had with our guy who drove the PepBoys's support vehicle, looks like I'll be tagging along next year, hopefully with a good supply of Nippondenso alternators, trailer lights, and Type R stickers for all.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Awesome!

I have to go next year.
    Yes, for sure you do!

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    We're taking the consulier next year!

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if walkups got in this year?
    Yes, quite a few walkups got in due to some no shows.

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Damn Pep Boy's live feed! Why are more than 32 cars in the daily driver class racing today? It appears they are still vying for a spot in the final 32.
    Yes, they had a 5th day of qualifying that we didn't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrider View Post
    I was watching and pulling for you! And all the TM's as I am sure the others here were also! I think the omnis get the most love because peeps know with a single glance its an underdog. Shadows spirits Daytonas etc, peeps see them and arent sure about the displacement.
    I totally agree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I'm just starting to feel a bit more normal again and am realizing that I should thank all of the SDAC support we received...we had track support from many SDAC/TM members, offers for places to stay and trailers ready to pick us up if we ended up having to drop out. Jon Trotter and John Fleck had houses full of people crashing on couches (sorry my group didn't make it to either...but we appreciate the offers!), we saw Fleck at the track in Indy, Larry Buford at Gateway and John Roberts (glhs0426) at Memphis with a massive lunch spread for us. Memphis BBQ, drinks, ice for our trip...it was just awesome. Thanks to all of you guys for the support! You all helped make the trip as cool as it was. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Man...I'm sorry about that. LOL!

Great seeing you too!
    Yes, BIG THANKS to Fleckster, Nate, Larry Buford, John Roberts, Jon Trotter, and others that helped out along the way. Fleckster had the Mopar Manor awaiting our arrival for HOURS before we got there...who knew it would take us 10 hours to get from Bowling Green to Indy. Geeze....we learned our lesson the first day on that one. John Roberts had the biggest spread of Memphis BBQ with all the fixins, Gatorade, Water, Ice, canopy setup, chairs, etc before we even got to the track! Wow! Thanks so much! It was nice to actually have a normal lunch (Brad (morrispower) and I were living off of beef jerky in the OMNI). Thanks to Jon Trotter for the place to crash, lasagna, and for getting us 2 big Growlers of local Memphis brew! It was great (and potent!).

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I just have to congratulate you all for your personal achievements, in such a grueling event.

Also want to thank you for providing those of us that followed online with a great deal of fun for the week.

In the short conversation I had with our guy who drove the PepBoys's support vehicle, looks like I'll be tagging along next year, hopefully with a good supply of Nippondenso alternators, trailer lights, and Type R stickers for all.
    LOL! I broke both taillights on the trailer when it flipped backwards on us at St. Louis. Brad duct taped them back together so we could make it to Memphis. Put on LED taillights there and they are much brighter and the turn signals work much better! The alternator starting only charging above 2000 rpm about 2 days into the trip. On the 1st pass in Bowling Green on the last day, it let out it's magic smoke HUGE thanks to JT and MB for getting me one in quick order. I heard that the speed from the parts store back to the track got MB grabbing for the "oh schit" handles. Thanks so much.

I had SUCH a good time, words can not even describe. I am STILL worn out.

Get this.....we got home from Drag Week at 1am on Friday night. Everyone was in bed when I got home, so me and Brad unloaded the tag-a-long trailer, put tools away, put slicks/skinnies on the car, changed the oil, changed the fuel (from pump back to race) and got to bed about 2:30am. AT 7am we finished loading up and headed to Norwalk for the Monster Mopar World Finals. After 1st pass up there, my CSR Electric water pump died. Man was I sure glad that it happened there and not on drag week!!!

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

Hybrid booster

Wow! Lucky the water pump didn't crap out on the road. It would have made for a long trip.

Hybrid booster

Drag week is a workout for both car and driver. I'm glad I could host all of the T-M participants for the Memphis stop. It was sure hard not to help and let you have all the "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    After 1st pass up there, my CSR Electric water pump died. Man was I sure glad that it happened there and not on drag week!!!
    And within 100ft of a donor car...............

turbo addict

How long (miles, hours, passes, years...whatever you prefer) do yo think the CSR pump lasted?

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Drag Week was a blast, even with the back-up car THANKS MB! <3

Great to spend the week with everyone! Congrats to all of us for finishing the event! Congrats to Pat and Reeves for making the 32-car show!

SPECIAL thanks to all the hospitality and help from Fleckster, LarryB, minigts and glhs0426!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Cannot do an event without making one of these:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1jDZ...T0KWOjxZRxhfTQ

lol....

Again, thank you to all those who helped us through that exhausting week and the heat!!
    Flekster: your son is adorable! he's hilarious, too!

And JT, <3 Glad the stupid car still defied all dsm logic and has proven to be reliable. Those are two words that really don't belong in the same sentence. Thank you for showing me how to properly drive it, too. Was ecstatic to see it run an 11 at the end of the week!

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

Love the video, Mary Beth! Glad you guys were able to finally make it over!

Thanks for the kind words for Carson. He cracks me up, too! ("How does daddy's car go?"......"rrrrrrmmmmm, pshhhhhh......rrrrrrmmmmmm, pshhhhhh")
    Lucky for him he has his mom's looks and dad's sense of humor and interest in cars. Mentally, I think we are about the same age!
    I hope he didn't bother you while you were nice enough to play with him. He is a great kid.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG951303.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	406.3 KB 
ID:	46969

Your Talon ran impressive all week and looked good doing it! You should be very proud!
    Here's a non-professional shot of you in your car leaving our place:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130910_071422_368[1].jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	487.2 KB 
ID:	46968

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89