Thread: Installed 360° thrust bearing ( T25G ) but it has some play...?

Mitsu booster

Installed 360° thrust bearing ( T25G ) but it has some play...?

Hi guys

I installed the 360° thrust bearing in my T25G but it has some play in that center where my thumb points - is it supposed to be like that?

it feels quite loose in the center- that final silver plate with that collar - is that normal that there is such clearence (those parts are machined like that) which allows it to slightly move? or is there somethin Im missin (the c ring seal is installed in it)? it just didnt have such play with old 270° bearing as it was machined differently and the thrust collar was sittin without any play in that center... its kinda interesting anyway that there goes just that washer through the center of the 360° (it has tons of play) then the thrust bearing just sits on top of the 360° and only thing that holds it there is that top plate secured by that huge circlip... btw the clearance is apparent here (i have type with washer havin the collar though, but same space around 360° bearing....

please let me know thnku
    Peter
    Last edited by this.one; 03-14-2013 at 12:14 PM.

turbo addict
    Side to side the journal bearings deal with. The thrust bearing only deals with in and out so some side to side play there is normal.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Mitsu booster

Re: Installed 360° thrust bearing ( T25G ) but it has some play...?

Ah ok, got it.

also found out that my center housing is not for t25 but is for t28 (it has slightly larger compressor wheel -other than that all is identical.

thats why I wanna ask, do you think that this could cause any problems with boost etc?

or it must be like with my t25g housing?