Thread: *MINT* RED 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T 81,000 original miles

Mitsu booster

*MINT* RED 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T 81,000 original miles

Date: 11th March 2013
    Username: pholly2008
    Full Name:Patrick Holly
    City, State, Zip:Manitowoc, WI 54220
    Selling or Wanted Price: ($4995)

Description: First off I would like to say the car isn't mine. It is for sale at a small local dealership in town by me in Manitowoc, WI. The car is flawless and absolutely beautiful. The only downside is a little crack in the paint of the front bumper and if the car bumped something. NO RUST. I know this is a wisconsin car but it looks as if it came off the factory floor so it must have been garaged. 5speed (I'm assuming they all came 5speed) and the interior is absolutely perfect as well. Just saw it tonight and thought I would give someone on here a chance at this rare gem before some tool of a teen buys it and destroys it. If I had the money I would buy it. Here is a the website with all the information of the dealership. Again it is only $4995 for this bad boy. Unfortunately I have a crappy camera phone so this is all I can give you as a pic
    Image (Little bit of sleet on the car):
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...013194849.jpg/
    Dealership info:
    http://www.fallierautomotive.com/

Re: *MINT* RED 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T 81,000 original miles

Sounds like a decent car, more than I would want to spend but could be a nice car for someone. I may have to call and see what their bottom dollar is. I think 3000 is all I would be able to swing without making the wife to mad.

Mitsu booster

Would have to say it's a possibility he would drop the price. It is a small dealership so he probably jacks up his prices to make a decent investment towards his small lot. but like I said you really have to check this car out. It is beautiful and being that your in GB you would kick yourself if you didn't check it out

Mitsu booster

Why do all the good ones have to be so far away. I just lost my 92 Spirit and would love to check this car out.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2-U-I-M-GR8 View Post
    Why do all the good ones have to be so far away. I just lost my 92 Spirit and would love to check this car out.
    If the car is as nice as described, then to me, it's worth the trouble to transport it.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

I agree Mike. Any deal is worth the drive if the car is worth it.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Mitsu booster

Any distance is not for me. I can't travel halfway across the country just to check out a car. It might be mint or it might have hidden issues that you can't see. Even subtle things like missing the correct air-breather and you are out 500 dollars for a new one. I just lost a 92 Silver spirit (1 of 31) that was in Mint condition and that can't be replaced. I would have to really check this car out to see if it was worth the money, I quite commonly see cars that have an engine or transmission replaced and to me that lowers value. It can be easy to overlook things like that and I want an all original car like it came from the factory. Then transport it for another 750-1000 dollars and now it up to close to 6K which is getting pretty high for the most common version. If it was 100 or so miles then I would make a day trip but I can't just travel a 1000 miles one way to examine a car. But like I said to bad all the good ones are so far away. I even thought about hiring a mechanic to examine it but that costs money and unless you have someone who really really knows these cars a lot of little stuff can be overlooked and those little things can cost a lot of money to bring up to par.

Mitsu booster

Just wondering if anyone has gone by and really got to examine the car? Is it still for sale? How is the interior, how original is it, are there any other pictures available. I tried calling a number I found but they never called back. Not even sure I had the right place. Oh well it's probably sold anyway by now.

I talked with them a little, The owner of the lot is selling it for a friend. Pretty set on the price. Has a larger turbo, injectors, computer, maybe exhaust. I had them send me a few pictures and it looks decent other than I'm a little weary on the mileage as the color of the speedometer needle is different than the rest making me think a lower mileage one was swapped in. The pictures are in my gallery at http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/ph...ry.php?cat=977

Thanks for the images Benji. I can say that if someone doesn't buy this car, it will end up with some yahoo who gets in it and thinks it's fun to race it from light to light until it dies from a lack of care and then it will simply be another dead TIII. Not sure what it's worth, but if it's rust free and no engine noise, it's worth $3-4K in my mind. I'm with dude with letters and numbers in his name on checking it out, but I would easily buy this thing and then do it myself. If it runs and drives without knock or engine noise, at worst it would need to be freshened up in the bottom end for a daily driver. But I'm a risk taker, so I wouldn't have a problem buying it sight unseen and driving it back home.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

If it's as nice as the OP made it sound i actually think its worth over 5k. But the difference between a 3.5k car and one that is worth 5+ is not something you can tell from more than a few feet away. At the least id need to see a bunch of very well taken pictures to believe it. Without that i couldnt see offering more than 3.5 for it. Im not actually interested in the car, but i think a 'flawless' spirit r/t is worth over 5k and i think we already have at least one member on this forum who can attest to that.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Thanks for the images Benji. I can say that if someone doesn't buy this car, it will end up with some yahoo who gets in it and thinks it's fun to race it from light to light until it dies from a lack of care and then it will simply be another dead TIII. Not sure what it's worth, but if it's rust free and no engine noise, it's worth $3-4K in my mind. I'm with dude with letters and numbers in his name on checking it out, but I would easily buy this thing and then do it myself. If it runs and drives without knock or engine noise, at worst it would need to be freshened up in the bottom end for a daily driver. But I'm a risk taker, so I wouldn't have a problem buying it sight unseen and driving it back home.

Your post needs background music. Something kinda melancholy at the beginning that builds up into something inspiring.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

haha, cue it up!

A blues number like "Crossroads" might be appropriate

Mitsu booster

See that is what I'm talking about. You can't just go by looks alone, luckily the OP was able to go by and ask more questions. With parts replaced it's starts to loose value unless they are done correctly and they aren't number matching parts. Plus like was mentioned the mileage is wrong on the car and it probably has well over 150K as the needles don't match and the speedo doesn't usually fail on these cars until the mileage is extremely high, unless they are trying to fraud people which nowadays is silly since car fax or any of the others would usually catch that. So now you have a car that has been beat and a lot of major parts have been replaced and the speed-o has been replaced to hide mileage. I can't iimagine that car would go for 2-3K at the current time. The older it gets the higher the price will go but to many unknowns at the current time.

I think mileage means jack squat compared to interior/exterior condition. A tm guy just posted pics of his 200k+ mile r/t winning class at a car show on facebook a couple days ago. It still looks great. A 20k mile car isnt worth anything if the paint and interior are fried. Maybe 1200-1500$?

Quote Originally Posted by 2-U-I-M-GR8 View Post
    See that is what I'm talking about. You can't just go by looks alone, luckily the OP was able to go by and ask more questions. With parts replaced it's starts to loose value unless they are done correctly and they aren't number matching parts. Plus like was mentioned the mileage is wrong on the car and it probably has well over 150K as the needles don't match and the speedo doesn't usually fail on these cars until the mileage is extremely high, unless they are trying to fraud people which nowadays is silly since car fax or any of the others would usually catch that. So now you have a car that has been beat and a lot of major parts have been replaced and the speed-o has been replaced to hide mileage. I can't iimagine that car would go for 2-3K at the current time. The older it gets the higher the price will go but to many unknowns at the current time.
    I think it's safe to say, if you want a numbers matching car that's "from the factory", you're not going to find it at a dealer like this and you're going to pay a lot of money for it. Not saying the sweet deal isn't out there, but very highly unlikely you'll find what you're looking for unless you buy from an individual or a place that specializes in selling classics, either way you'll pay well over $5K.

If i wasnt lazy id dig up a link to Pat's for sale thread for his old white r/t. And even that was not exactly a time capsule.