Thread: Need to locate rear disc caliper bracket for 1992 Duster! (Can I use a 1st gen Neon?)

Threaded View

Mitsu booster

Neon rear disc caliper brackets on a 1992 Duster! (Now with 100% more pictures!)

Hello, first time poster with a simple but frustrating problem.

I am building a 1992 Plymouth Sundance Duster for Lemons racing duty and am hitting a small bump in the road. The plan was to originally replace the rear drums with the 11" rear discs. However, I cannot for the life of me get a junk yard to either locate or send me the correct parts and will therefore accept ANY rear disc conversion at this point.

The first junk yard shipped me a box a drums brakes and the second junk yard shipped me a completely bare axle. After $100+ lost in misc shipping charges, I'm right back at where I started...

It looks like all the of the pieces for the rear brakes can be bought from RockAuto or wherever... except for this magical and mysterious backing plate. I'm really hoping that there is a simple and easily solution that I have completely overlooked.

What about the first gen. Neons with rear brakes? Are those backing plates compatible with an AA-body rear axle? I saw a few pictures online and that bolt pattern looks really familiar, but I'm hesitant to order even more parts that may or may not work. Although, first gen Neons are a lot easier to fin in junk yards.

Any help is appreciated as we are trying to get this car (3.0L V6 / 5 speed) ready for our first race in min April.

Thanks,
    -Andy
    Last edited by Bayley; 03-18-2013 at 09:14 AM.