Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original 1989 srt mini van

Garrett booster

Original 1989 srt mini van

Date: 04th June 2014
    Username: smokinsrt
    Full Name:Chris Williams
    City, State, Zip:
    Contact: (your choice of listing e-mail and phone. you must provide phone number via at least PM if potential buyer wants to verify.)513-266-4429
    Selling or Wanted Price: (any applicable merchant fees must be included in this and not in additions PRICE REDUCED 5000 Obo it's just sitting here need it gone
    Description: Be very descriptive and accurate of the items to be sold or those wanted.
    I'm selling the original 1989 srt mini van that rob pachner built. I bought it from rob in April of 2008 and have owned it ever since. It had 129,000 miles when I bought it and now has 143,000. The motor itself has less than 60,000 from its life in an srt and the van combined. I hate to get rid of it because everyone loves it and always asks about it but I just bought a new truck and have too many toys to keep up with so I want this to go to someone who will enjoy and appreciate it. I need it gone but don't insult me I'm not gonna give it away you won't find another one as clean. When I first bought it it had new fenders and doors and the rear wheel wells had been cut out to remove rust. The van was painted in 2012 with the doors, fenders and bumpers removed the glass taken out and everything done right jams and all. I've had several people who restore cars compliment the paint job. After the paint was done I had a local decal shop scan and make turbo decals for the fenders and put pin striping on it. The time it was painted a new trans was put in and has prolly less than 2000 miles on it. I don't drive it much but have taken it on a few hour road trips before. It has a built neon 420 trans, fwd performance stage 5 ecu, 52 php injectors, walbro 255 pump, accufab pressure regulator, 3 inch down pipe, short ram intake, dual electric fans on switch, modded waste gate and blowoff plate with custom made boost controller. Has a strut bar, new coil, plugs, thermostat, distributor has been went through. Has a new headliner, headlights, corner lights, srt badge in grille and srt caliber badge out back. It has relocated spring mounts in the rear with air shocks for the drop, and Daytona struts up front to lower it. Interior is in great shape and very comfortable if you know the old vans. Has auto meter tach, water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge and boost gauge and an aem wideband. It came with srt wheels and I put new tires on it when I bought it. I've never ran it on the track, rob ran it and it went 13.3 at 98 on 22 pounds of boost. When i got it back from paint it developed a boost issue and would cut out wot. I've never been able to fully figure it out but did drop the boost down to around 15 pounds and pulls fine at wot, but has never bothered me cause I just drive it around I'm not out racing. If your serious lets talk I want it to go to a good home. My number is 513-266-4429 I'm wanting 5500 Obo no trades. I can't get pics to attach from my phone if your interested I can send them to your phone or email, here's a Craigslist link with pics. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4505347500.html
    For those selling, a photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.
    Last edited by smokinsrt; 07-27-2014 at 09:37 AM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Re: Original 1989 srt mini van

Quote Originally Posted by smokinsrt View Post
    Date: 04th June 2014
    Username: smokinsrt
    Full Name:Chris Williams
    City, State, Zip:
    Contact: (your choice of listing e-mail and phone. you must provide phone number via at least PM if potential buyer wants to verify.)513-266-4429
    Selling or Wanted Price: (any applicable merchant fees must be included in this and not in addition)
    5500 obo
    Description: Be very descriptive and accurate of the items to be sold or those wanted.
    I'm selling the original 1989 srt mini van that rob pachner built. I bought it from rob in April of 2008 and have owned it ever since. It had 129,000 miles when I bought it and now has 143,000. The motor itself has less than 60,000 from its life in an srt and the van combined. I hate to get rid of it because everyone loves it and always asks about it but I just bought a new truck and have too many toys to keep up with so I want this to go to someone who will enjoy and appreciate it. I need it gone but don't insult me I'm not gonna give it away you won't find another one as clean. When I first bought it it had new fenders and doors and the rear wheel wells had been cut out to remove rust. The van was painted in 2012 with the doors, fenders and bumpers removed the glass taken out and everything done right jams and all. I've had several people who restore cars compliment the paint job. After the paint was done I had a local decal shop scan and make turbo decals for the fenders and put pin striping on it. The time it was painted a new trans was put in and has prolly less than 2000 miles on it. I don't drive it much but have taken it on a few hour road trips before. It has a built neon 420 trans, fwd performance stage 5 ecu, 52 php injectors, walbro 255 pump, accufab pressure regulator, 3 inch down pipe, short ram intake, dual electric fans on switch, modded waste gate and blowoff plate with custom made boost controller. Has a strut bar, new coil, plugs, thermostat, distributor has been went through. Has a new headliner, headlights, corner lights, srt badge in grille and srt caliber badge out back. It has relocated spring mounts in the rear with air shocks for the drop, and Daytona struts up front to lower it. Interior is in great shape and very comfortable if you know the old vans. Has auto meter tach, water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge and boost gauge and an aem wideband. It came with srt wheels and I put new tires on it when I bought it. I've never ran it on the track, rob ran it and it went 13.3 at 98 on 22 pounds of boost. When i got it back from paint it developed a boost issue and would cut out wot. I've never been able to fully figure it out but did drop the boost down to around 15 pounds and pulls fine at wot, but has never bothered me cause I just drive it around I'm not out racing. If your serious lets talk I want it to go to a good home. My number is 513-266-4429 I'm wanting 5500 Obo no trades. I can't get pics to attach from my phone if your interested I can send them to your phone or email
    For those selling, a photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.
    Please send some pictures to sales@fwdperformance.com
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

boostaholic

I always kick myself for not at least looking at it when Rob had it for sale
    Sounds like it's had a nice resto on it, I'd like to see pics of it now.

Garrett booster

I sent the pics I'm picking my truck up tonight then I'll try to get the pics up. You really won't find a cleaner van I don't drive it in the rain or the snow and it was garage kept till recently.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    Please send some pictures to sales@fwdperformance.com
    Cindy, your daughter is going to love getting picked up from school in this. That alone is reason for you to buy it.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Garrett booster

Alright here's a Craigslist add I made to put pics on. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4505347500.html

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Seems like a really good deal. glws!

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

That looks really nice!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Does it have a complete interior, both benches, all panels? Any other exterior shots?

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

Pics posted in case the ad dissapears

Garrett booster

Thanks I appreciate it

Hybrid booster

Badass!!!! Great work!!!!!

Garrett booster

Nobody interested in the cleanest van out there? I suspended my insurance so its just sitting here, if your interested lets talk.

Garrett booster

Does it have A/C?

Any interior pictures?

Garrett booster

It does not have ac, pm me your number and I'll send you pics I had trouble grtting them up on here.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinsrt View Post
    It does not have ac, pm me your number and I'll send you pics I had trouble grtting them up on here.
    Can A/C be installed? I'm in Texas and it is necessary if I will cart my kiddos around. shelbstrocity@gmail.com

Garrett booster

Um yea the van use to have ac on it so put the stuff back on the engine and I guess you could.

Garrett booster

Hard to find someone local other than tire kickers for something like this, I'm willing to work on the price for someone wanting to travel that will give it a good home.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Damn, would be fun to have another but like everyone else, no money.

A/C shouldn't be too hard to reinstall, some custom lines would be needed and of course, mount the SRT compressor.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Price reduced to 5000 Obo it's just sitting here I don't drive it I want someone to get some enjoyment out of it let's talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast