Thread: Need clutch stuff to mate 85 engine with 92 trans, trans mount. Also 85 TBI LM.

boostaholic

Need clutch stuff to mate 85 engine with 92 trans, trans mount. Also 85 TBI LM.

Hi all.

I have an 85 LeBaron ragtop that I'm converting to 5 speed standard shift. I need a few things for it.

6 bolt flywheel and pressure plate, and a big spline clutch. If anyone's got good used stuff, I'll gladly buy it. It's quite literally a stock application and I only drive it 5k/year so I don't mind putting a used clutch in it. I also need a transmission mount that will bolt to the 92 523 (I'm told my current 85 413 mount will not work).

I also need an 85 TBI LM. I have a very strange phantom high idle problem, and this is probably my best shot at fixing it.

If you've got any of it, Please let me know. Shipping will be to 02879, Rhode Island.

Thanks in advance.

Pete
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Re: Need clutch stuff to mate 85 engine with 92 trans, trans mount. Also 85 TBI LM.

Hey Pete. I believe I have a brand new stock aftermarket 523 big spline clutch and PP. It's not a T-II and most likely a TBI.

I'm in Maine and have some other stuff I wish to unload next month... maybe save ya some shipping and pick up some other goods reeeal cheap! (got to thin my herd... garage is too full with TM parts that won't work on my current models)
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Re: Need clutch stuff to mate 85 engine with 92 trans, trans mount. Also 85 TBI LM.

Well i owe you so i can ship you a 6 bolt flywheel. I do NOT have the proper bolts for it, though! So you'll still need to find those. I may have a trans mount, ill have to look. PM me your shipping address.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

boostaholic

Adam, that'd be great! I have a metric -----ton of old Mopar flywheel bolts. If none of them fit, I can probably get some from the dealer.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Steve, will the newer style pressure plate (presumably from whatever car the big spline clutch came from) fit on the older 6 bolt flywheel?
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

All of my 5spd parts came from 8-bolt cars and when i swapped my spirit to a 6 bolt motor i was able to swap an 8 bolt clutch setup onto it with no problems.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Just remember that the TBI stuff is smaller than the turbo stuff. Can't mix them. At least the 6 bolt stuff.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

yout need a trans mount for a 523? i have one

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Pete: not sure about mixing 6 and 8 bolt flywheels, but I never heard of there being issues before.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff
    Is the non-turbo 523 clutch disc the same diameter as a 525 non turbo clutch disc?
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

boostaholic
    I was under the impression that if I used a 6 bolt flywheel (that will match the 6 bolt crankshaft on the 85 TBI motor) and pressure plate with a big spline clutch (to fit the later 523) I'd be okay.

boostaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    yout need a trans mount for a 523? i have one
    I do! Pm me your address and what you want for it.

i dunno like 25$ shipped let me know il shoot you a paypal addy if you are cool with price

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    Hey Pete. I believe I have a brand new stock aftermarket 523 big spline clutch and PP. It's not a T-II and most likely a TBI.

I'm in Maine and have some other stuff I wish to unload next month... maybe save ya some shipping and pick up some other goods reeeal cheap! (got to thin my herd... garage is too full with TM parts that won't work on my current models)
    Steve, what do you want for the clutch/PP combo?

Pete, i cant find that 6 bolt flywheel. I think i may have given it to somebody and totally forgotten about it..

Do you have your shifter and pedal setup already?

turbo addict
    How quick do you need it???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]