Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Lebaron Turbo GTC, GTS and GT thread

turbo addict

Re: The Lebaron Turbo GTC, GTS and GT thread

I know of a black with tan/saddle interior TII car. Two owner completely rust free garaged car in great shape. Maybe going up for sale soon.
    Todd

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by adventX View Post
    That's a totally neat one! Nice
    Thanks, and I agree! She's in a limestone mine for winter storage right now, resting peacefully.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by adventX View Post
    Any future plans for mods?
    I am not much into mods, but I hope to pick up a Mopar performance computer over the winter. It will kick up the performance a notch without changing a bunch of other stuff. With the Grainger-type valve on it, my boost is about 14-15, which the TII can do just fine. The new computer will make a few other tweaks to make it run even better at higher boost. My goal is to enjoy going fast in the summer with the top down! Merry Christmas!

Garrett booster

Hey guys! Thought I'd put this out there. I sent Hagerty some info on my GTC back in December, and I never even knew they used it until I happened to search their site tonight. Check it out: https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagert...baron-gtc-tii/.

turbo addict

Very nice looking GTC! I love the tan interior. I think that is pretty rare in its own right. What's the terms of your insurance? I need to get collector insurance on my TC.

Garrett booster

Thanks! I agree with you on the interior. Not sure of your exact question. Basically, I just stated a value, and Hagerty insured to that. Does that answer your question?

turbo addict

Here is another nice one. Friend of mine owns this.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_1010253.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	65419  

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That is really cool. Congrats on being featured. I know you put a lot of time and work into the car, so it's certainly well deserved.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 89BaronGTC View Post
    Thanks! I agree with you on the interior. Not sure of your exact question. Basically, I just stated a value, and Hagerty insured to that. Does that answer your question?
    Well, sort of. I was wondering if they limited your driving mileage per year, or usage of the car? I know some companies and policies do that.

Garrett booster

I'd need to relook at the policy, but any limitations weren't a problem since my car is a summer-only cruising vehicle. Basically, it is not supposed to be used as a daily driver - back and forth to work, etc. Hmmm, now that I think of it, that's the restriction for my antique license in Pa. I'm really not sure about the insurance, but as I said, it didn't restrict me for the casual use that I intended for the car. Sorry that doesn't answer your original question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    That is really cool. Congrats on being featured. I know you put a lot of time and work into the car, so it's certainly well deserved.
    Thanks cordes! And "your" wheels were in the lead image!

Garrett booster

Had a question, and I thought other 1989 GTC TII owners would be the best source for the answer. I'm looking to do some exhaust work when I get the car back in the Spring, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the outlet size of the OEM catalytic convertor. Is it 2.5" or 2.25"? The OEM exhaust goes down to 1.875" from there, I believe, but I wanted to know what the outlet of the cat was, and is the inlet the same? Thanks!

turbo addict

My best guess is no larger than 2.25" You can always cut off outlet and weld on larger one. I've done it many, many, times. EZ to do if you have access to a Mig or Tig welder. Being a 89, it should have 2.5" downpipe (cat inlet).
    Todd
    Last edited by 4 l-bodies; 01-20-2022 at 11:13 PM.

Garrett booster

As a follow-up to my previous exhaust question ... I guess you can figure that I have not replaced the exhaust yet. I'm too busy driving it in the summer! Anyway, can anyone tell me if these pipes fit the J-Body two-door LeBaron or is it the pre-1987 two-door LeBaron (K-car)? http://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/...&ProductID=598. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 89BaronGTC View Post
    As a follow-up to my previous exhaust question ... I guess you can figure that I have not replaced the exhaust yet. I'm too busy driving it in the summer! Anyway, can anyone tell me if these pipes fit the J-Body two-door LeBaron or is it the pre-1987 two-door LeBaron (K-car)? http://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/...&ProductID=598. Thanks!
    I would call up Cindy and ask. At the same time I'm unaware of any kit which fits absolutely perfectly, so you may want to have a good exhaust place install it if there isn't a custom place around that's both very good and reasonably priced. I know they're rare, but they do exist.

Garrett booster

Thanks Cordes! I have tried to reach her/them in the past with very little success, so I thought I'd ask here first. I was planning to have it installed if I get it, but I wanted to know if their stuff would work for my car. Planning to talk to another custom shop in the Spring, but I wanted to be able to tell them that I can also buy an exhaust that is made to fit for them to install in case that option is cheaper. I talked to one custom shop last year, and he was very pricey! Basically didn't want to do it, so he priced it accordingly. Caused me to put the brakes on for 2022. Thanks again!!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hey
    just checking in
    still doing aqua aerobics for PT, left arm/shoulder range of motion still improving but not strength so not really able to work on cars
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Thanks for the update, John. I'm excited to see your posts. Keep us updated and drop a line if we can do something for you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456