Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Lebaron Turbo GTC, GTS and GT thread

Re: The Lebaron Turbo GTC, GTS and GT thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1991SpiritES View Post
    I have a 89 Lebaron GTS Turbo. Light Pewter Pearl Coat, Taupe interior and dark Pewter rims. Only opitions on the car are Infintiy II, power driver seat, and Pewter Pearl Coat paint at extra cost. From what I could find, 1 of 268 Turbo II 5-speed cars. All original, paint, interior, motor. Has around 60k original miles on it. Original Florida car never left Florida so zero rust. Build date, 11-4-88, shipped date 11-30-88 to Galeana Chrysler Plymouth Ft Myers Fl. Sold new on
    1-22-90 with 181 miles on it. Original owner gave it to his grandson in 2005. I bought it from the grandson in 2011. I waited 6 years for him to sell it and he finally did, with alot of push from his new wife.
    You absolutely have the most stout H body ever produced...over the last 15 years I can only remember seeing one other TII in person!

Quote Originally Posted by superbleu View Post
    Here is my 90 VNT Conv. at SDAC 18, It has the cd player and EVIC system. Lived most of its life in california, then was in Wisconsin and then donated to the salvation army. I got it from a dealer in Milwaukee ,Just as you see it minus some elbow grease...he got it from the auction from the salvation army. Crazy!!!
    An absolutley wonderful car to drive.
    Attachment 44106
    Stunning car and certainly a crazy story! Who in their right mind would send that beauty to the Salvation Army????
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is a 1991 GTC optioned with the 2.5 TI and A568 5 speed. I sold it a few years back to a local fella, it was kinda weird to see it outta the blue one day with someone else cruising around with the top down lol.

A sharp looking TI 1989 GTS. It had 50k old lady miles, it's too bad the underside was succumbing to the tin worm.

My 1985 Lancer ES. A clean car in a unique color that I converted to blow through intake when changing the headgasket.

This last picture is of a co-workers 1992 GTC. He bought this thing just a few years ago with super low miles (40k or so) from a dealer in North Carolina. It's another 2.5 TI with the A568...has the rare 6 button navigator too! Unfortunately he drives it year round
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I'm daily driving mine No salt here though.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by glhs0075 View Post
    There is currently a 1988 LeBaron GTS at the Calgary Pick 'n Pull. Auto, TI, cloth interior, power driver's sear, overhead console, power windows/locks, A/C, digital dash, infinity stereo, rear window wiper. Graphic red.
    A GTS in the junk yard! I've seen that once and of course it was before I had my 87 GTS. I really need the passenger rear door inside panel. I'd also like to find an analog cluster.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

If that door panel is still there next time I go, I'll grab it for you. Interior parts are generally in pretty good shape up here... not too much UV rays.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

turbo addict

I had a friend that had a '90 VNT hardtop, no sunroof, no luggage rack. I *think* I remember it having the Infinity sound system. It was red. I drove it on a few occasions...WONDERFUL car to drive! It got sold to some kid in the midwest and last we knew it was bashing through cornfields.

I owned an '89 TI 5-speed ragtop. It was strickly for parts. It was a low option car. It got cut up and crushed.
    My other '89 I had wasn't anything special, so not worth mentioning.

turbo addict

I had a 88 GTC coupe a few years ago. White/white exterior and red cloth interior. T1/auto. It ended up getting crushed. Was really sad as 2 years before it was a SUPER CLEAN under 100k car and a acquaintance of mine bought it and just destroyed it. Was covered in stickers and had duck tape racing stripes. It hurt to see him destroy it. The interior was just disgusting. I bought it after he decided to keep up on the oil level and I have only seen one worse 8v motor failure. Found out a few months after I sent it to the scraper it was a pretty rare car. Dont have the vin sorry.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    This last picture is of a co-workers 1992 GTC. He bought this thing just a few years ago with super low miles (40k or so) from a dealer in North Carolina. It's another 2.5 TI with the A568...has the rare 6 button navigator too! Unfortunately he drives it year round
    Mine looks identical to that one, and I DD it year round. Really a terrible cold weather car, but it's what I have to work with.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Quote Originally Posted by dwh4784 View Post
    Mine looks identical to that one, and I DD it year round. Really a terrible cold weather car, but it's what I have to work with.
    That's really neat! I should have specified that driving the car year round in some areas of the country isn't a bad thing, but my area uses a TON of salt. It doesn't take many years before the tin worm makes a huge mess.

Almost forgot about this 1990 GTC VNT...dolly'd it here to Illinois from southern Florida.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    That's really neat! I should have specified that driving the car year round in some areas of the country isn't a bad thing, but my area uses a TON of salt. It doesn't take many years before the tin worm makes a huge mess.

Almost forgot about this 1990 GTC VNT...dolly'd it here to Illinois from southern Florida.

Man, that poor car was BEAT! I suppose somebody swapped the front nose. IMHO it takes away fro the look of the car. The hidden headlights just made the front of that car menacing! I always like the hidden-headlight J-body.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Man, that poor car was BEAT! I suppose somebody swapped the front nose. IMHO it takes away fro the look of the car. The hidden headlights just made the front of that car menacing! I always like the hidden-headlight J-body.
    Yeah I'm not so sure about the reason for the front end, as you noticed it's the wrong style. After I swapped another top end onto the shortblock it ran great. A side window trim, door rub strip, and a nicer steering wheel would have done wonders, but it was actually a very solid southern coupe.

turbo addict

What was up with the turbo placement? Did it actually have a custom header to position it there? If so, pics?

What was up with the turbo placement? Did it actually have a custom header to position it there? If so, pics?
    The previous owner was the one to make this mod. When I bought the car, the turbine shaft was super loose in the housing, and I've yet to rebuild the turbo and try it on another vehicle. But I think he did a heck of a job with the placement, looks really neat!

turbo addict

Well, that's an interesting way to accomplish that turbo placement! I looks kinda like a Volvo or Mitsu triangle flange. I have no clue on that swingvalve, though.

Well, that's an interesting way to accomplish that turbo placement!
    Yeah I thought the same thing, pretty clever way to move the turbo over, and simple to fab up!

turbo addict

I figure it like this, if Rob can port a stock manifold and accomplish the pressure ratio he did, then this could prove to be a way to move the turbo and gain a LOT of clearance for something really big. Plus, you could make it waste gate biased! Double win!!!

Garrett booster

For a short while, I had TWO 1992 2.5L T-1 / 5spd GTC convertibles....

The one with the luggage rack and receiver hitch I've had for a long time--probably going on 13 years now or better and has something like 178,000 miles on it. I haven't driven it in two years or more, but I am planning to get it out of storage so that I can play again now that my finances are straightened out. Yes, I have hauled trailers around with it. Unrestored, survivor car. Not original as the EVIC system, luggage rack (to keep cops away) and a few other doo dads have been changed on it. But nothing custom except for a not-yet-installed intercooler.

Originally, the cars were identical twins, and the VIN numbers varied by just 3 digits with one being the check digit and the other two being the serial digits. They were more than likely built the same day.

I will question the supposed production numbers of cars like this because I ran into a few too many of them over the years for those numbers to be that accurate at 236 or whatever. Unless 90% of them ended up in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, those production numbers do not seem accurate.

I found a white 2.5L turbo / 5spd EVIC equipped convertible in a salvage yard, which is where the EVIC equipment came from. I got the transmission, entire interior wiring harness, door panels and a whole lot of other stuff for $40 plus a case of beer. Implementing the EVIC to full functionality is not for the faint of heart as 80% of the car has to be disassembled for wiring harness replacement. The car also has a factory amplifier behind the carpet in the trunk, which you don't see very often. The drivetrain can stay in place, but the entire interior has to come out and the majority of the trunk, too. It is keeping the analog cluster due to the fact that the digital ones suck when sunlight hits them. I notice that it happens frequently with the top down. But GTCs in these years did NOT come with digital clusters--only the LX models did.

Garrett booster

My 87 GTS project. Started out as an 87 T1 auto. I've rebuilt the engine and added the T2 induction as well as replacing a million other parts. The car leaked fluid from every source when I go it. No rust. Good interior except for the Lancer rear passenger door interior panel. Someday I'll find a replacement for that...if I keep it long enough. I'm considering going back to a Gen II van. More applicable to my needs.

Garrett booster

New updated pics of my 89 GTS!!

Hybrid booster

Very nice GTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast