Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Lebaron Turbo GTC, GTS and GT thread

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Re: The Lebaron Turbo GTC, GTS and GT thread

I do recall hearing that Shelby got them made for about $18 each (in quantities of thousands, of course). I think he had them in the catalog of the time for less than $50.

Yes sir, those were the days! lol

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    He (or somebody) put it on the car. Only the Shelby modified models came with it (CSX's, Lancer, some GLHS's) from the factory in CA.

But it was sold in the "Shelby store" and that is how it got on his 89 GTC (probably).

Barry
    I thought so. I asked the guy that very thing, and he said it was on the car when he bought it at 4x,xxx miles. So, the PO must have exchanged it. Thanks for the info!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Original owner probably installed it.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Garrett booster

Another GTC curiosity question. Anybody ever see a sticker like mine with a hand-written date on it? Does it mean anything? Just wondering if this type of "special" treatment makes it unique somehow. Working hard to try to learn whatever I can about its early days. Any thoughts?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I would think that someone wrote over the sticker in sharpie as the sticker faded.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I would think that someone wrote over the sticker in sharpie as the sticker faded.
    You could be right Cordes, but I don't see anything typed there. I'll look at it with a magnifier to see if something faint is there. My strut tower has a date in Sharpie (see below), which I also believe was from the factory. I guess I just thought maybe they were related and might have a special significance since most were typed. Of course, it's more likely something like what you said, but I am playing the long-shot here as I try to learn everything I can about my car. Thanks!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Nope, those stickers fade badly sometimes.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Garrett booster

It looks like some just wrote over it so they would know the build date. MDH on there is the build date. Looks like either it says 11th month, 14th day, 19th hour, or 11th month, 4th day, 19th hour. It looks like there is a 1 behind the "M" in the "MHD". Those things fade so bad. I have a couple of cars were you couldn't read anything on them anymore.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 1991SpiritES View Post
    It looks like some just wrote over it so they would know the build date. MDH on there is the build date. Looks like either it says 11th month, 14th day, 19th hour, or 11th month, 4th day, 19th hour. It looks like there is a 1 behind the "M" in the "MHD". Those things fade so bad. I have a couple of cars were you couldn't read anything on them anymore.
    I blew up the original, and I see what you are saying. I think it is 111419 201. What is the 201?

Garrett booster

I have another question. Can anyone tell me the OEM color/code for the center section of the 16" wheels on the '89 GTC. I have a few spots I would like to touch up. I thought it was argent, but that seems too gray?? For reference, I'm talking about these wheels.

Garrett booster

Bump for anyone knowing the color name or paint code for the center portion of these wheels.

Mitsu booster

Hi folks.....I’m in the market for a GTS or Lancer. Doesn’t need to be perfect but decently cared for. I long for the black 86 GTS Premium turbo my dad had. Loaded with every option but the Ultimate Sound stereo.

Any of you guys ever thinking of selling yours, pls let me know! Thanks

Andy

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 89BaronGTC View Post
    Bump for anyone knowing the color name or paint code for the center portion of these wheels.
    I was provided with a wheel reference that indicated the color (dark quartz - HD8) of the center section of these wheels ... in case anyone else was interested.

http://www.uncannydodge.com/Car_Site...Xs_5KsaFXWbFbs

Mitsu booster

Hi there, I just stumbled into a dark grey, black leather interior 1986 GTS that is insanely fast. It kind of made me wonder what was up with these little sleepers so I got online and found this message board. I think this guy should be in the right hands so if anyone knows of the right person it would be much appreciated. My email is luckydutch.sd@gmail.com. thank you for reading this, and cheers from San Diego!

Regards,

Jon
    I'm not sure how to upload photos here but will try.

Mitsu booster

Hi I have a 1986 LeBaron turbo GTS you may be looking for. I just got it at the local auction for a friend but after driving it I think it's way too fast for him and should be in the right hands. Hit me up via txt at 760 415 2415 that's seven six zero..4#1#52#4#1#5

Garrett booster

Since there is already a dedicated thread, I thought I'd ask this question here. As a reminder, I have a white '89 GTC convertible with the Turbo II (see below). I know there were 906 of these made, and I have not had any luck determining how many of each color were manufactured. If anyone knows, please share. I guess the next question would be if there is any type of registry for these low-production cars to know how many are still out there. Silly questions? Bottom-line, is there any way to figure out how many white GTC TII verts were made in '89 and how many are still on the road? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 89BaronGTC View Post
    Since there is already a dedicated thread, I thought I'd ask this question here. As a reminder, I have a white '89 GTC convertible with the Turbo II (see below). I know there were 906 of these made, and I have not had any luck determining how many of each color were manufactured. If anyone knows, please share. I guess the next question would be if there is any type of registry for these low-production cars to know how many are still out there. Silly questions? Bottom-line, is there any way to figure out how many white GTC TII verts were made in '89 and how many are still on the road? Thanks!

I don't have any idea how many of them are still on the road. Anecdotally, I think the Lebarons are one of the better surviving turbo Mopars, and actually Mopars from the era. I would think that a decent number of the TII cars are still alive, although I know for sure one of them is not. The wheels from it are the ones in your picture.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Here's another one..still alive and kicking...TII.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9070018.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	65068  

Garrett booster

I am going to bump this to see if anyone has any ideas who I might contact to find out more info about the following. As a reminder, I have a white '89 GTC convertible with the Turbo II (see below). I know there were 906 of these made, and I have not had any luck determining how many of each color were manufactured. If anyone knows, please share. I guess the next question would be if there is any type of registry for these low-production cars to know how many are still out there. Silly questions? Bottom-line, is there any way to figure out how many white GTC TII verts were made in '89 and how many are still on the road? Thanks!

I really hope the people I suspect may have some of this documentation come forward with it. I fear it may be lost to time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast