Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible CSX / Dakota Shelby Fabric reproduction, Recaro seat fabric, Interest???

turbo addict

Re: Possible CSX / Dakota Shelby Fabric reproduction, Recaro seat fabric, Interest???

Copyright infringement possibly.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Possible CSX / Dakota Shelby Fabric reproduction, Recaro seat fabric, Interest???

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Copyright infringement possibly.
    Copyright infringement absolutely.

Hybrid booster

Would they actually care, since they are not making any more material anyway. Why not get someone to reproduce the fabric. What's everyone to do to recover their seats, use material for Shelby Mustang/Focus?

Quote Originally Posted by 88C/S View Post
    Would they actually care, since they are not making any more material anyway. Why not get someone to reproduce the fabric. What's everyone to do to recover their seats, use material for Shelby Mustang/Focus?
    Well, I would think they would. It's not just fabric for our cars. That design could be used for other applications (fabric mainly) and if a company started to apply that for Shelby items in other ways, it would be using a likeness that copyrights typically don't allow for. The only way I would think it could be done is if it were completed by a company local to the person requesting it as a one off and then that person sell the fabric for actual cost and not draw any attention. Granted, they probably wouldn't find out about it immediately, but it would be hard to keep something like this low-key. I know I've had stuff made before that would have probably been considered copyright infringement, but since it was made for just me it wasn't an issue.

Regardless, if someone does it, we'll find out!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

A subtle change to the design may skirt around trademark issues.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    A subtle change to the design may skirt around trademark issues.
    Good luck. Shelby has always defended his IP to the hilt. One must actually defend IP or risk losing it. See Colt's vs. AR15.com for an embarrising case of the latter. Even if you come out on top in court, which the current Shelby company may take you to, you'll always lose after it's time to pay your lawyer.

Hybrid booster

Sent an email to Shelby concerning getting my hands on more material, or what recourse I/we have. Be interesting if they respond or not.

Hybrid booster

Their response was to contact sdac.com, as they would be of more assistance. Doesn't sound like they have any real interest in the matter.
    Last edited by 88C/S; 12-09-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123