Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible CSX / Dakota Shelby Fabric reproduction, Recaro seat fabric, Interest???

Hybrid booster

Re: Possible CSX / Dakota Shelby Fabric reproduction, Recaro seat fabric, Interest???

It has been brought to my attention that individuals have been attempting to purchase large bulks and/or the entire remaining stock, at a bulk discount, of the item listed above.
    This was no where near the intention of my sharing the information on the forum and providing a link to this respectable seller.
    My intent was to give fair opportunity for individuals seeking to restore their worn seats but not for any one person to hoard the supply, purchase at a discount, and/or re-sell it for profit.
    According to the seller, the fabric will only be sold within the Ebay environment for the listed price, for everyones consumption.

Thanks and Enjoy.

Garrett booster

Re: Possible CSX / Dakota Shelby Fabric reproduction, Recaro seat fabric, Interest???

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    crazy, already sold out.
    seriously! 2 days too late..

89 csx #386, i only want enough to do my seats...

turbo addict
    He probably still has some. I think I have an idea of who was trying to buy it out which is a shame. You give something good that you have and someone will always try to ruin it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 5DIGITS View Post
    It has been brought to my attention that individuals have been attempting to purchase large bulks and/or the entire remaining stock, at a bulk discount, of the item listed above.
    This was no where near the intention of my sharing the information on the forum and providing a link to this respectable seller.
    My intent was to give fair opportunity for individuals seeking to restore their worn seats but not for any one person to hoard the supply, purchase at a discount, and/or re-sell it for profit.
    According to the seller, the fabric will only be sold within the Ebay environment for the listed price, for everyones consumption.

Thanks and Enjoy.
    I know you are referring to me i want o say that i only bought 4 yards. I did ask him if he had more he told me he did but that they were individual pieces not continuous yardage. I don't know if that means 2 or 100 yards. I did ask if he would sell it for less. I did not intend for the to be a "bulk" purchase to take away from everyone else.

Honestly i thought that if it is good deal i could make a few $$, (who doesn't think that on a good deal) but in all reality i can't really afford to buy anymore and wouldn't have bought it all up. We even debated i buying the first 4 yards but I figured we have 2 sets of seats and could use at least use that.
    I truly apologize if that made people mad. It was not my intention

As stated in this thread i am talking with people about having this reproduced but if this guy has enough for the current need i don't need to invest in having it made, which is another main reason for me asking this guy about what he had left.

For those of those who still want some you may try watching his ebay account or messaging him.
    Sorry again for any offense that wasn't my intent

Mitsu booster

I must be hoarding cars because I have two csx-t in my driveway I don't think 4 yards of fabric would be considered hoarding in any reasonable persons mind. And by the way if anyone wants to buy one of them I'd love to sell car #2 (that is the car #) It sounds like someone passed judgement before understanding all of the facts that is the problem on the forums sometimes, that's why I've typically steered clear of them for the last few years.

Some people are quick to pass judgments with out understanding or even trying to understand someones intent. Having owned 30 or so Shelby cars over the years I've gained lots of insight on the cars and there parts, but it never fails there is always someone out there misunderstanding intentions. Maybe we should of just left the 4 yards on e-bay for some mustang owner to buy and left our 89 CSX with screwed up seats or my Shelby Dakota which could use the fabric too. Sorry son, that you got grief for my decision to buy the last 4 yards of fabric and thanks for all of your work in looking into having it reproduced which would of probably cost as much as the original stuff just too bad that someone misunderstood our intentions to get fabric to fix our vehicles and at the same time buy a larger quantity of it to see if we could get a better group deal to pass it on to others in need also. Anyone in the Shelby dodge supplier world sure knows you could never do it and make money on it or it would of been done long ago.

Garrett booster

i just called them, they had 24 yards, all gone in 48 hours... they did say they were considering making it but hadnt decided one way or another yet.

turbo addict

I was going to buy some fabric, and redo a set of Recaros to sell at SDAC. I guess that won't be happening now. Instead it will sit and collect dust and rot away.

Hybrid booster

At that price, it doesn't surprise me it's all gone. I paid over $600 on ebay a few years back for barely 2 yards...that's almost triple the price this person was selling it for and I had to outbid quite a few people to get my hands on it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention - I have tried several times to get this stuff reproduced. Many places said they can do it, but then I bring a sample to them and they say no. It's usually either because of the technique that was used to make the original material or because of fear of licensing issues.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

I was able to buy some too, hopefully it was enough for what I need done..
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Garrett booster

any update on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar318 View Post
    I was going to buy some fabric, and redo a set of Recaros to sell at SDAC. I guess that won't be happening now. Instead it will sit and collect dust and rot away.
    You selling the Recaros as they are?

And just to be clear, I would still be in to purchase some if it were made again. I got enough to do a full interior and some left over, but that is going with the CSX when I sell it so I'll still need some fabric.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

I tried this route in China. A buddy of mine does business there and he took a spare sample from a Dakota doorpanel, they said they could do it, but would need 100 or 1000 yds (can't remember) but the licensing (customs) thing prevented it from happening.

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCRT View Post
    I tried this route in China. A buddy of mine does business there and he took a spare sample from a Dakota doorpanel, they said they could do it, but would need 100 or 1000 yds (can't remember) but the licensing (customs) thing prevented it from happening.
    Something seems amiss.....
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Mitsu booster

I need some if this is still a possibility 267s seats are rough.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

I said the same thing, but I guess there are some areas they get away with it more or easier than others. Its just a matter of finding the right place to to the job and not worry out pesky things like copyrights and such.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Something seems amiss.....

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

turbo addict

I sell replicated rims that a company has made for them in China and to be legal there must be at least a 15% difference between the originals and the replicas. For instance...the original rims for nearly all cars made here that are chromed have only the front half done while this company does the entire rim. Ford threatened to sue them a few years back since they looked identical to the Ford rims when a person would order the rims with ORIGINAL Ford center caps so even though the center caps were bought from Ford...the company had to make a different looking or blank center cap. That act satisfied the legal department. I have sold over 100 sets with never a problem with trueness or finish. Several of the replicated watches come from China too...hard to tell from the originals unless seen by a repairman with years of experience...fools the department store people all the time.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    I sell replicated rims that a company has made for them in China and to be legal there must be at least a 15% difference between the originals and the replicas. For instance...the original rims for nearly all cars made here that are chromed have only the front half done while this company does the entire rim. Ford threatened to sue them a few years back since they looked identical to the Ford rims when a person would order the rims with ORIGINAL Ford center caps so even though the center caps were bought from Ford...the company had to make a different looking or blank center cap. That act satisfied the legal department. I have sold over 100 sets with never a problem with trueness or finish. Several of the replicated watches come from China too...hard to tell from the originals unless seen by a repairman with years of experience...fools the department store people all the time.
    Agree but much like you indicated the rims in the following photo were also made in China.
    The rims match the originals by appearance but differed by the center cap that would fit them (the oem cap does not fit) and they were three inches larger in diameter, at 20" vs 17".
    The company was still sued and lost - the rims are no longer being made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RT_Rims.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	49412

Thanks
    Last edited by 5DIGITS; 03-27-2014 at 07:27 PM.

turbo addict

This is the place I sell them from but my prices are lower. I only sell them to people I can deliver to or can pick them up.

http://oewholesale.com/
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I just found this on craigslist for anyone that might still need some material.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/pts/5201887025.html
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

if the fabric was repopped and looked identical to the original it would be impossible to get in trouble with the OEM manufacturer as it would be identical to the original, so it could be sold as NOS. There is no part # on it or casting #s so what would be the problem?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast