Thread: MOOG Coil Spring Data and Specs

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

MOOG Coil Spring Data and Specs

I found this page on MOOG's site, It lists all of their coil springs and their specs. It's even searchable so you don't have to hunt through numbers.

Handy info to have when buying springs.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/Universal_Coil_Springs.asp

D
    isclaimer:

Some part numbers are missing specs.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MOOG Coil Spring Data and Specs

Cool, thanks; valuable when you need it.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Here are some front spring rates:

http://pangea.stanford.edu/~schmitt/...r_springs.html

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

They dont point it out but im 99% certain that those rear spring rates are an 'average' rate on a progressive spring. I emailed moog a while back about spring rate on their 'cargo coils' and they sent me back a relatively high number like 270 but did say it was an average. Sounds great! Well, after i bought them and put them on the car i figured out the first few inches of compression arent much stiffer than stock (not enough for massive handling improvement), and since their progressive coils are on the tapered end of the spring it's not so easy to cut them off to get to the good stuff as it is on, say, the eibach rears.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I did take some springs off my bosses 67 caprice (rear springs) and noticed they would fit in the rear perches of a k-car. I used rockauto's listings and your link above to find out that if you were to use certain of those you could get some RIDICULOUS stiff spring rates. I think even the stock ones i have will be pretty dang stiff after i cut half the coils off it to make it fit!

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

i put moog cargo coils on the back of my K wagon back in the late 90's. stiffened up the ride a bit, but actually lowered the ride height after they settled....exactly what i didn't want on the rear end of my car. moog makes cargo coils for LTD II's and the specs look like they might work. the wagon units are 340 lb-in rate and should give me a 3/4" rise over stock ride height that will be good for that enclosed motorcycle trailer i want to buy in a couple years.

Hybrid booster

Good info, I had been farting around about ordering a pair for the van, using the Iroc v6 Tona spec fronts