Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Contraption 2013-14-15-16

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor turbo2point2's Avatar

Re: The Contraption 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Info about BigStuff seems to be pretty scarce.

Questions I have about BigStuff:

Can you configure it to run OE style sensors and coils?
    Is there any way to add knock feedback?

Info is scarce, it definitely is lacking there. The website is not updated often and the manuals are cryptic, but once you get a handle on it, it's a very nice system.

OE LSX coils However, you can run the distributor based system if you like the mopar stuff but will need an ignition box (msd 7 etc.)

I have hooked the 2.2 tps up to it without issue. And the ais is just a GM 4 wire in the stock throttle body. I use an accufab 75mm tb on my car with the ford tps and gm ais. The BS3 wont control a PWM based idle motor.

Ask anything you like Mike, I'd be glad to help!

-Brian Slowe
    87 Shadow "BSX"
    8.58 @ 162

86 GLHT
    10.62 @ 130

05 SRT4
    12.1 @ ???.??

06 Ram 3500

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

LS coils FTW. I have a mount for them if you go that route.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Thanks man.

We'll talk about it more in depth soon. I appreciate your time.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict
    Not to thread crap here but... DJ you have a mount for LS coils for the 2.4. Can you send me pics to p.stallard018 @ gmail.com. interested?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

BS3 is expensive, and so is the MS3 ($1200)

Too bad you can't get a SRT4 S3 tune running in a 2nd gen neon pcm & use the 2ndgen cabling/ connectors

Garrett booster

Just saw this today . I will be keeping an eye on this build as its similar to mine. Yes the obx mani fits great with no problems that what im running on my 2.4. Take a look at the AEM system it can run any type of sensor or Idle motor. It has a 2.4l startup on their site and is the system that I used to get my stock longblock car into the 10's. Have fun with the build!!!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    BS3 is expensive, and so is the MS3 ($1200)

Too bad you can't get a SRT4 S3 tune running in a 2nd gen neon pcm & use the 2ndgen cabling/ connectors
    BS3 is in the $3-5k range depending on options and sensors.

Where'd you come up with MS3 being $1200? Maybe if you bought every single part and accessory, but some of the factory stuff will work...that's the beauty of open source tuning hardware like that!

turbo addict
    Honestly on my 2.4 build I'm going MS. I know a guy right now now that has a factory long block 2.4, a ebay header, and a 50 trim turbo with a stock srt intake putting 385 WHP down. And that is dyno proven with my own eyes. And that is on MS2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    BS3 is in the $3-5k range depending on options and sensors.
    :
    That can't be right.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    Honestly on my 2.4 build I'm going MS. I know a guy right now now that has a factory long block 2.4, a ebay header, and a 50 trim turbo with a stock srt intake putting 385 WHP down. And that is dyno proven with my own eyes. And that is on MS2.
    Hmmm I'm hoping for better than that. Perhaps I am overly optimistic.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Last edited by contraption22; 04-17-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by 16valvecharger View Post
    Just saw this today . I will be keeping an eye on this build as its similar to mine. Yes the obx mani fits great with no problems that what im running on my 2.4. Take a look at the AEM system it can run any type of sensor or Idle motor. It has a 2.4l startup on their site and is the system that I used to get my stock longblock car into the 10's. Have fun with the build!!!
    Thanks man, I've been following your build as well!
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

turbo addict
    Did I forget to mention stock long block. As in no ported head, stock n/a cams, on pump 93. It is a cobble job put together but runs its a$$ off. And it was only on 23 psi. You can definitely do better.

Paul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    Did I forget to mention stock long block. As in no ported head, stock n/a cams, on pump 93. It is a cobble job put together but runs its a$$ off. And it was only on 23 psi. You can definitely do better.

Paul
    Ok that's certainly more encouraging! Lol
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

turbo addict

OK, I was a little over the top with the price, but the my lower range isn't too far off:

http://www.efisupply.com/bs3.htm

With a couple of options you are within reach of $2500.

Looking through Rich's thread, my Super50 should require minimal firewall massaging.

Thanks, Rich!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010049.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	45422

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	265.3 KB 
ID:	45423
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    OK, I was a little over the top with the price, but the my lower range isn't too far off:

http://www.efisupply.com/bs3.htm

With a couple of options you are within reach of $2500.
    Yeah even MS is costly when you add in support for injectors and all the sensors that you would need. It's relative to the application, meaning if you are going that route, plan to spend money. I'd love to get BS3, but that's one of the last things (unfortunately) I'll spend money on.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Yeah even MS is costly when you add in support for injectors and all the sensors that you would need. It's relative to the application, meaning if you are going that route, plan to spend money. I'd love to get BS3, but that's one of the last things (unfortunately) I'll spend money on.
    It is an expense, but it is difficult for me to motivate myself to learn to tune with OE engine management. BigStuff is simpler and has a good user interface.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    It is an expense, but it is difficult for me to motivate myself to learn to tune with OE engine management. BigStuff is simpler and has a good user interface.
    Man, time is money. I'm with you. Hoping to have enough to get it later this year.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i need to do some more digging to see how the MS3 knock interface was coming along. It did show promise.

MS3 can use stock sensors, and LSX coils IIRC which is nice.

i really like the tunerstudio program too with the autotune function. set it up for a buddy for his 5.0L mustang. he connects to the laptop and goes driving around to dial in the part throttle stuff. works mint. I want to buy a MS3 to put on various cars i own just to play with it. hell im thinking about buying a V2.2 board and a MS1 setup to put on a harbor freight Predator gas engine lol.

I also like the stock stuff but ive been burning chips for, sheesh, 7 years now.

SDAC last year, i showed a bunch of guys how to dial in the stock stuff and Jersey Joe (JDIZZ) was like "really? thats all you have to do?" and i was like "yup". he said, "well that doesnt look that hard at all" and it isnt.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

the MS3 knock interface looks really nice. checked it out last night. seems to do what i would want a knock detection circuit to do.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Do either of these systems have an OBD II interface? I have a Zeitronix display that would interface with that and would be able to show real time data. Would be nice, otherwise I have to show only a couple via the same interface.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast