Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comp Turbo sale!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Comp Turbo sale!!

Want the best of the best turbo?? What the best of the best price?? FWD Performance can take care of both for you. We are now offerring Comp Turbos at unbeatable prices! All frames and trims available!! From CT2 small frame journal bearing all the way up to large frame tripple ball-bearing, you won't find a better price than us!
    Thinking about a Garrett GTX?? Think again!!!
    Why choose Triplex Ceramic™ CT3B Technology
    •Light weight turbo.
    •Rebuildable.
    •Rapid rotor acceleration.
    •99% mechanical efficiency.
    •Engineered to outperform competition.
    •Manufactured with aluminum components.
    •Bearing service life is two to five times longer.
    •1 Year limited warranty.
    The Triplex Ceramic ball bearing technology results in several important performance improvements compared to a conventional sleeve bearing systems. One important advantage is that the Triplex Ceramic can carry both axial and radial loads so that the need for a conventional thrust bearing is eliminated. The power loss attributed to a conventional thrust bearing is proportional to the fourth power of the radius and can amount to several horsepower at the high speeds at which turbochargers operate. The Triplex Ceramic is capable of carrying both high thrust loads and radial loads at the same time and usually absorb only fractions of a HP due to the anti friction characteristics.
    The Triplex Ceramic Ceramic balls are also 60% lighter than steel balls and operate with lower vibration levels. Since centrifugal forces are significantly reduced at high speeds, their service life is two to five times longer. There is less heat build-up in the ceramic bearings during operation and they can reach operational speed up to 50% higher than steel ball bearings. These favorable mechanical characteristics of the ceramic ball bearings make them an ideal choice for turbocharger bearing systems that run at high operating speeds and are subjected to high exhaust gas temperatures.
    PM for best pricing! sale pricing good till the end of January!

FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Comp Turbo sale!!

Even though I haven't put mine on yet, holding it in my hands it is a very nice unit. If anyone is interested in more pictures check out this thread...

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?63501-New-turbo-has-arrived&highlight=comp

Nice to see a TM supplier adding such a great product to their line.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Those are nice looking turbo's and billet wheels too boot. What's a turbo equivalent to the GT35R worth?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

depends on whether you want journal bearings or triple bearings, reg wheel or billet and what configurations so the price can go from $650 to $1299 I think. I'll have to double check my pricing tomorrow
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    depends on whether you want journal bearings or triple bearings, reg wheel or billet and what configurations so the price can go from $650 to $1299 I think. I'll have to double check my pricing tomorrow
    Ok, no worries, just curious. Thanks.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Congrats on the new line Cindy.

Hybrid booster

Whats the advantage of a billet wheel?
    74 Charger 440/727 91 Spirit R/T TIII/a568 95 Ram Cummins 12v/47RH

Quote Originally Posted by Kryp2nitE View Post
    Whats the advantage of a billet wheel?
    billet wheels are forged and fully-machined. they are lighter, stronger and usually have the latest in compressor design. a billet wheel will give faster spool then a conventional wheel.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

$650 for an equivalent of a GT35 is not bad, journal bearing or not! I assume they are all T3 flange though?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Very nifty. I was just researching these a few days ago. Seem pretty cool.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

boostaholic

I have an ATS bb turbo, 57 trim t3 flange, I believe comp turbo bought out this company, any info to this?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    $650 for an equivalent of a GT35 is not bad, journal bearing or not! I assume they are all T3 flange though?
    Their website mentions a bunch of options, but no Chrysler flange if that's what you are looking for. Cause I know i have a hard time wanting to pull my manifold and re-drill it.

someone on another forum asked if this was a direct bolt on for the t-2 garret, here is my response:

yes, and no.
    They can make us several different combinations. They have a t04b cover turbo that has a kickout to the left like a t2 turbo. The turbine housing will be a ford style t3 and not the chrysler. In that case, we sell, and we would suggest using the atp v- band swingvalve housing, and modifying your downpipe. They did say that if the demand was great enough they would make a .63 chrysler style housing, but until we can prove there is a demand, they aren't likely to do it. We can make headers, log manifolds, custom downpipes etc... in our shop so we are planning on making a kit that would include a log style manifold that places the turbo in the stock position, add the turbo, atp vband housing, turbo lines, wga, bracket and a downpipe for a one set price if more than 5 people want it and are willing to put down a deposit. a custom kit like that with a journal bearing would run about $1650 for everything..... definitely flow a lot better than stock..... and be probably be the most inexpensive, most comprehension turbo kit available for our cars

A similar package for 16v cars would be cool too. Even SRT-4's
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    A similar package for 16v cars would be cool too. Even SRT-4's
    yes, we plan on that and are currently working on a sidewinder header/turbo kit for the srt-4.....

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

What about machining Chrysler housings to fit? Possibility?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

any compressor maps to look at?
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    What about machining Chrysler housings to fit? Possibility?
    yes, they could machine a chrysler housing, so that is a possiblilty, although most people would only have a .48, and only a lucky few would have a.63

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    any compressor maps to look at?
    They don't have any on the site, but i did talk to them and they will see about what they have available and what they can send me to look at

Their product numbering system looks similar to that of PTE. Do they use the same wheels?
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

the numbering system is the same but i doubt they use the same wheels. If you got to pte and then comp and look at the 5558 billet wheel turbos, you will see the pte shows a 6 blade design and the comp a 7 blade design. I think they use the same numbering becuase it makes it easier for the customer to understand exactly what they are getting as opposed to BW 256 or agp delta 44 where you have to research the thing to actually find out what size wheels are in them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast