Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbonator Masi???

turbo addict

Turbonator Masi???

Any work on a 16v masi setup? My 2.5 Masi will hopefully be running this spring and going to need a cal starting point.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Turbonator Masi???

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Any work on a 16v masi setup? My 2.5 Masi will hopefully be running this spring and going to need a cal starting point.
    It's mostly done, actually. Just never finished transating the transient fuel tables. Nobody ever asked for it, so it went on the back burner (way back)...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Well I'm asking for it. Suprised Alan hasn't been all over it too. Would love to see even just a spark curve to compare to an 8v. Reaper1 is going to want it as well possibly ???

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Well I'm asking for it. Suprised Alan hasn't been all over it too. Would love to see even just a spark curve to compare to an 8v. Reaper1 is going to want it as well possibly ???
    It's really NOT an aggresive cal at all. From what I remember, it was actually maybe softer than a T2 cal in terms of timing. I'll try to finish it up this next week while I'm off work...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

My project is on the back burner.

But put me on this list also.

turbo addict

That's be awesome Rob.

hehe look at the Masi people start to come out of the wood work.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

My yellow Masi could use a better cal but it's a pretty heavily modded 2.2 with 72PPH injectors done by a local guy, not sure how close a 2.5 cal would be??

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Alan Figured we'd do just a stock 2.2 Masi cal and then I'd tweak it for my 2.5. I just am curious as to what it looks like against a 2.2 T2 or a 2.5 T1.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

My project is back burner status as well but I would like to get in on this as I have 2.2L and 2.0L here.

Was looking thru the transient fuel code in the Masi cal today. It's actually very similar in function to the TIII code. Which makes me think that the DOHC cals need the extra transient fuel for some reason. Basically, they have different pump shot values for idle, cold idle, and normal operation. The T1 and T2 cals only have 1 pumpshot value.

So, ill have to think about how to add the Masi cal. I the way to do it will be to go ahead and add the extra code. But that will require some mods to the other templates...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

I'll certainly be interested. I know Rick Diogo has a nicely tweaked Masi cal that Mike Stimac is running. I don't remember the source of that cal, but it seems to work. From what Rick told me, the stock Masi cal is VERY soft in timing. Gotta remember the stock Masi compression ratio is 7.5:1 IIRC.

I'm going to have to start to get the stuff to burn my own cals anyway. I think I popped a headgasket the other night (my own dumb fault). I didn't HEAR knock and I wasn't way up in boost at all, but I suppose the load and the boost combined with the crap gas around here and the better timing curve finally did the trick. This is the first time I've had to take the head off the car since I got it!

Anyway, back to Masi talk. Yes, VERY interested in Masi stuff. I've been going back and forth on whether to stick with stock electronics or not. Honestly, right now, the ONLY advantage aftermarket seems to have is ease of tuning and cleaning up the engine bay a bit. Other than that, the stock stuff seems to be able to do just fine.

Something to also look at with the Masi is the knock threshold (speaking of knock). The sensor is in a completely different place on the Masi, so I would think that anything having to do with that parameter is probably tweaked from the rest of the other cals.

Hybrid booster

Count me in for a masi cal as well, I'm thinking sbec for my 2.2, 72lb injectors, 58mm billet ball bearing turbo.

turbo addict

WOW! I forgot about this thread!! I can't believe it's been over a year my car has been down. At least it's getting closer to having an engine in it again (well, complete engine).

This is still something I'm interested in as sticking with the stock electronics will save me a good amount of money and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    WOW! I forgot about this thread!! I can't believe it's been over a year my car has been down. At least it's getting closer to having an engine in it again (well, complete engine).

This is still something I'm interested in as sticking with the stock electronics will save me a good amount of money and time.
    OK, I'll try to finish up the template for the Masi cal...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Thanks, Rob. I'm not in a big hurry, but some of the other guys might have a bit more advanced schedule than me. I'm *hoping* to have the engine in the car sometime in the spring. I don't know if it'll be running, but I at least want it in the car.

turbo addict

Life keeps taking my project money But I'd love to have this so I can start looking over it and comparing it to other stuff so I know where to start since mine is going to be a 2.5.

turbo addict

Sounds like I need to make a trip to Spokane to get edumacated in the dark art of Chrysler SMEC/SBEC tuning!

Hybrid booster

Rob I called two times and left two messages in the last month and also filled out a custom cal form on your website without a response or return phone call. Is there a better way to contact you? I just shipped my computer core to you today.

Quote Originally Posted by joelzip View Post
    Rob I called two times and left two messages in the last month and also filled out a custom cal form on your website without a response or return phone call. Is there a better way to contact you? I just shipped my computer core to you today.
    I've been working 10 hour days at my 'regular' job. So, haven't had much time to return calls at reasonable hours. Sorry, I did see your message and spec sheet. I just didn't put the 2 together. I'll send you an email later today...

Or, you can PM me on here. I check at least once a day.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

Got my computer back from Rob with the flashable chip and cord. Hopefully catch up with him in the summer and have it tuned! Very luck to have him only 30 minutes away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast