Thread: Jeff' Adapters

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

Jeff' Adapters

Date: 20th December 2012
    Username: jeff1234
    Full Name: Jeff Wright
    Albany, Wisconsin
    Price: $95.00 Shipped
    These have been advertised by me before, see my inital offering in the general vendor section.Attachment 42968Attachment 42969
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Re: Jeff' Adapters

Looks like a throttle body spacer with a built in transition from 52 to 48 mm so you can run a 52mm without grinding the manifold. Somebody who didnt care about the tapered part could also use one to put some more/other kind of fittings right there for vac/boost stuff, or some kind of injection like meth or nitrous.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

It's an adapter i have manufactured. It is a precision machined aluminum spacer with a tapered bore. it is hard agonized and hs a 1/8 NPT tapped port. It comes as in the picture with longer studs and baskets for both. sides. Use your existing nuts. When this batch is gone i will look at different colors. It does exactly as Vigo described.
    Jeff1234
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1234;967663.
    it is hard agonized
    Autocorrect for the fail. Love those.

For anyone who is interested, first of all, a solid works or cad drawing had to be created. People who have these programs paid a ton of money for them. They get paid to create drawing with them. Next, billets of material are purchased, not cheap. Now the prototype is created, that takes a machinist and machine time and is not free. That part is then mounted to the throttle body to verify fit. Next, it is programmed into a CNC machine and the parts are made, a small batch of ten. After this they are sent to the anodizer who charges a set-up charge regardless how many parts are made. I didn't make these for the millions of Chevy boys, I made them for a few turbo Dodge enthusiasts. Finally the gaskets and stud. If you think those are cheap, lookem up at McMaster and Carr.

Like anything that is of the highest quality you get what you pay for!

jeff1234