Thread: Which l body front swaybar with 1" rear bar?

turbo addict

Which l body front swaybar with 1" rear bar?

I've got Johnny's 1" rear bar on the car. The rear axle has no stock bar in it. I'd like to hear from anyone using this bar in the back to see what you are running up front, how you like the setup etc. If you could also list the springs and shocks you are using as well. Any information or advice is appreciated.

turbo addict

Re: Which l body front swaybar with 1" rear bar?

Well, what kind of driving are you looking to do with the car? That will determine a whole bunch of things.

If you are going to auto-cross on mostly tight courses, then go with a 1-1/8 bar. If you are wanting to be more neutral, 1-1/4.

I personally haven't pushed a car to its limits with the aftermarket bar on it. I've driven one and I liked it, though.

I will say that the way my car sits right now, an additional rear bar would hurt the balance. Mine is a Shelby-Z, though, and came with the solid bar is the rear axle anyway. Koni's and trimmed Eibach's all around. I honestly don't forsee my car needing an additional rear swaybar while it stays FWD. Once I go to coil-overs I can do more adjustment with the dampers, spring rates, and weight jacking and eliminate the need for the extra bar.

Hybrid booster

Re: Which l body front swaybar with 1" rear bar?

Back in the day my glh (not turbo) I had a 1 rear bar with the stock cut off. I put a 1 1/8 front and the car had slightly more push then stock. this was with 205 front tires 195 rears using mp springs and shocks. I liked the overall balance so I left it that way.
    Gene