Thread: Carlisle, 1st Inaugural Team Shelby Grand Nationals....

Garrett booster

Carlisle, 1st Inaugural Team Shelby Grand Nationals....

...June 5-8, 2013, hosted by Team Shelby Northeast. (In conjunction with Ford's Nationals...so i'll take my DODGE)! ;^)

Got the 'absolutely' reply from John Keller, TSNE director(?) when asked if I could bring my Shelby Charger! Who else wants to help break up the monotony of Shelby Mustang after Shelby Mustang?

From John on the TSNE FB page announcement:

Team Shelby Northeast is proud to announce the first ever Team Shelby Grand Nationals.

This marque event will be held June 5th – 8th 2013 at Summit Point W.V. and Carlisle Pa.

We have enjoyed the excitement of the Shelby Bash in Las Vegas, and now Team Shelby will host another annual national event - The Team Shelby Grand Nationals.

Our Grand National event will be exactly that. For this event, Team Shelby plans on moving this event to different region each year.

“IT ONLY HAPPENS THE FIRST TIME ONCE”

The 2012 Team Shelby Grand Nationals boasts two exciting days of track along with a cruise, grand party, car show and many other activities.

You will not want to miss this historic event. Stay tuned more details along with an updated website to come in the next few weeks. Registration will open in the beginning of January.

Buckle Up! Team Shelby Northeast, your in for a hell of a ride…

turbo addict

Re: Carlisle, 1st Inaugural Team Shelby Grand Nationals....

Any drag racing?
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Garrett booster

Not sure, but I will check!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

What Chrysler cars are allowed to participate?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Last year a recipe was, 2 days of road track time, a poker run, 1/8 mile drags, parade then show.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    What Chrysler cars are allowed to participate?
    Any "Shelby" badged car, (INCLUDING my non-GLHs Charger). Reading the latest Shelby mag, it reiterates CS' desire for the Team Shelby club to include ALL vehicles with the Shelby name.
    My Dad said he wants to attend, so we SHOULD be able to get BOTH cars there! (The Charger and the 64 1/2 Mustang coupe).

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne in NJ View Post
    Any "Shelby" badged car, (INCLUDING my non-GLHs Charger). Reading the latest Shelby mag, it reiterates CS' desire for the Team Shelby club to include ALL vehicles with the Shelby name.
    My Dad said he wants to attend, so we SHOULD be able to get BOTH cars there! (The Charger and the 64 1/2 Mustang coupe).
    Including replicas?
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Including replicas?
    I didn't know you had a GLHS kit car replica.....

Sounds like if it's a Shelby Inspired car and has a Shelby Sticker on it somewhere, it's good to go.

Mines more of a "tribute car" if I were to use Battery-Jackson vocabulary.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

turbo addict

Mines more of a "tribute car" if I were to use Battery-Jackson vocabulary.
    Im sure glmf would be welcomed. Maybe throw a shelby window sticker on for good measure and they will not know the difference. There Ford guys.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Im sure glmf would be welcomed. Maybe throw a shelby window sticker on for good measure and they will not know the difference. There Ford guys.
    That's what I was thinking, throw a sales brochure on the passenger seat for good measure

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    Any drag racing?
    John Keller (the organizer) replied to the question that it's a road course at Summit Point Motorsport Park, not a drag strip. (Sorry)!

turbo addict

How is this going to work pricewise? I was all for going to the Shelby event at Ford Carlisle last year until I realized how expensive the registration was going to be (Team Shelby registration fee, plus the Ford Carlisle fee). I can't remember the exact numbers, but I believe that registration alone would have cost at least $100 if not more. I understand that there were tons of perks involved, but I personally couldn't pay that much considering that I had SDAC and Chrysler Carlisle coming up.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    How is this going to work pricewise? I was all for going to the Shelby event at Ford Carlisle last year until I realized how expensive the registration was going to be (Team Shelby registration fee, plus the Ford Carlisle fee). I can't remember the exact numbers, but I believe that registration alone would have cost at least $100 if not more. I understand that there were tons of perks involved, but I personally couldn't pay that much considering that I had SDAC and Chrysler Carlisle coming up.
    Good point, I'm sure it's not cheap when you roll with the Shelby Ford crew. 2 days of track time alone is probably $500 bucks.

Garrett booster

Just getting from Carlisle to Summit Point is a road course in itself! ;^) (A little under a couple hours...unless my wife's driving, then it's a little under an hour)...