Mitsu booster

Dodge omni glh/glhs... $3500 budget.. NY

06th December 2012
    vanisher
    Rich
    NY
    richlalli@yahoo.com)
    $3500 to spend

Looking for a original Omni turbo GLH/GLHS. Original motor or one redone..in good shape.. I've been looking at a few on here. Pm or email me. Would need it brought to me in ny if possible.. Willing to meet and buy on the spot

turbo addict

Re: Dodge omni glh/glhs... $3500 budget.. NY

Rich,
    Welcome to the forum. I think it is a little unrealistic that someone is going to deliver a almost 30 year old car to you so you can check it out to see if you want to buy it or not. Or even meet you somewhere for that matter. The footwork and expense of picking the right vehicle falls into the buyers lap when dealing with private parties and used cars.
    Here is one example for you. About 20 years ago I was gonna trade my very quick GLHT for a bone stock 86 GLHS. He was getting a substancially quicker car, while I would get a serial #'ed car that could be worth more money down the road. Both had about 30K miles on them. Straight up trade. We talked a huge amount before and even traded video tapes of each others car. What Internet (lol)? Both of us were satisfied with the quality of the cars and were exactly what we were looking for. We were about 900 miles apart, so we both started driving and met about half way. The guy looked at my car for two minutes, and said he didn't want to trade after all. He got cold feet and changed his mind! I couldn't believe it. His father couldn't believe it, he made some lame comment that the paint wasn't as nice as he expected. In reality, my paint on my car was way nicer than his. His father even acknowledged that. So I turned around and drove home. 15+ hours and 900 plus miles later, I was back home. Complete waste of my and his time and almost three tanks of fuel each! Lesson leaned.
    Good luck with the search, but you better be willing to travel to find the right car, or settle for perhaps something in your area.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by vanisher View Post
    06th December 2012
    vanisher
    Rich
    NY
    richlalli@yahoo.com)
    $3500 to spend

Looking for a original Omni turbo GLH/GLHS. Original motor or one redone..in good shape.. I've been looking at a few on here. Pm or email me. Would need it brought to me in ny if possible.. Willing to meet and buy on the spot

Mitsu booster

I completely understand.. I just wish these cars were on the east coast.. Seems like theryre All out west or in Canada. I'm not gonna fly out west so all I have is the communication on the forums. I mean as long as the seller is honest about what he or she is selling, and by communicating and showing pictures, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it without physically seeing it. I'll keep searching around the forums and see what I can get. Thanks.

Hybrid booster

I bought a car over the net last spring.
    With todays digital picture, you can have a pretty good idea how the car will look especially if you have seen some previously in pics and went to see them in person. From that, you'll have experience! (Remember the Old Trader black and white newspaper pictures? Man, that was crude and how many times you turned around because it looked like crap in person)

If they didn't took phone pictures, you might have better chance.
    I drove far east to get the car I own now.
    When I finally got there, I knew I didn't came for nothing. It was like I was told and it was like what I saw on picture. No surprise!
    It really help if the seller takes the time to built a nice photo book.

Take your time and you will find the right one!

Mitsu booster

Thanks man..I will..my problem is that impatient! LOL!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by vanisher View Post
    I completely understand.. I just wish these cars were on the east coast.. Seems like theryre All out west or in Canada. I'm not gonna fly out west so all I have is the communication on the forums. I mean as long as the seller is honest about what he or she is selling, and by communicating and showing pictures, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it without physically seeing it. I'll keep searching around the forums and see what I can get. Thanks.
    There are lots of these cars on the east coast.
    More so than anywhere else.
    You just have to do the work to find them.

turbo addict
    ^You know to well about that lol. Especially when you have help.

On a serious note not all of these cars are on the forum. It takes a little bit of searching to find what you want. In between me and abkshelby we have found probably the ultimate collection of cars. And it only took us a couple years lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]